Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,783 members, 7,930,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 03:23 AM

Why Is There Change Btw One's CGPA And The One Calculated By The Department? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is There Change Btw One's CGPA And The One Calculated By The Department? (934 Views)

I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... / Can You Guess The Department? / Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There Change Btw One's CGPA And The One Calculated By The Department? by dammywapes(m): 6:47am On Mar 10, 2018
Morning NLS, I'm in my finals in one of nigerian state university. yesterday, i decided to re calculate my CGPA but i noticed there is difference between the one i calculate and the one on my portal. this is what i always noticed whenever i make my calculations on my CGPA. anyone have ideas behind this? tho I have plan to see my course adviser concerning this.
Re: Why Is There Change Btw One's CGPA And The One Calculated By The Department? by collinometricx: 7:11am On Mar 10, 2018
I b think say na only my school...
ECO88
Re: Why Is There Change Btw One's CGPA And The One Calculated By The Department? by Engineer123(m): 8:41am On Mar 10, 2018
Ask your level adviser to give you the correct credit unit for each course. It happens to me when I was in university, I ask the level adviser, he told me that senate has changed some courses credit unit.
You might register course with three credit unit but after exam it will be change to two credit unit without informing the students.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There Change Btw One's CGPA And The One Calculated By The Department? by Yhemit(m): 10:45am On Mar 10, 2018
one thing my part adviser is going to tell you is that, try to give another students to help you calculate it. after that you can come back and check him.
Re: Why Is There Change Btw One's CGPA And The One Calculated By The Department? by dammywapes(m): 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
Engineer123:
Ask your level adviser to give you the correct credit unit for each course. It happens to me when I was in university, I ask the level adviser, he told me that senate has changed some courses credit unit.
You might register course with three credit unit but after exam it will be change to two credit unit without informing the students.
may be even curriculum changes might result in change of unit in a course
Re: Why Is There Change Btw One's CGPA And The One Calculated By The Department? by dammywapes(m): 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2018
collinometricx:
I b think say na only my school...
ECO88
no b only your sch
Re: Why Is There Change Btw One's CGPA And The One Calculated By The Department? by Dface2: 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
Work As A Campus/Sales Rep And Earn Massive Income Daily!

See full details here: https://www.nairaland.com/4390565/work-campus-sales-rep-earn
Re: Why Is There Change Btw One's CGPA And The One Calculated By The Department? by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
There will always be a difference but it's very small. Normally around ±0.05.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Denies Operating Controversial Twitter Account / Cashgist Income Program - Make N20, 000 Weekly / NDDC Scholarship Past Questions And Answers Pdf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.