Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,832 members, 7,889,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:04 PM

The Mind And Sexual Purity (holiness Is Easy)!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mind And Sexual Purity (holiness Is Easy)!!! (323 Views)

The Problems Of Lack Of Sexual Purity Before Marriage. / How I Embraced Sexual Purity - My Personal Journey / How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mind And Sexual Purity (holiness Is Easy)!!! by Godssword1(m): 10:32am On Mar 11, 2018
We were all created as sexual beings. Every sane and healthy human being on Earth has that component as part of their being. Our sexuality is not what we should be shy of, scared of or explore outside Biblical principles!

We live in a sex-crazed society, where sex is in high demand and sells like food. Not denying the fact that sex in marriage is holy and right, but it is true that some can not live pure even in their marriage, including Christians. They still have unholy fantasies, lust or call it 'a crush' on the handsome neighbour or beautiful sister in church.

I can tell from experience, that the challenges Christians encounter in trying to stay pure in this present world are terrifying. But that's not an excuse either, the LORD still expects His own to be set apart and different from the rest.

The LORD is calling His End Time Church to total consecration and holiness unto Him. This is necessary for the mighty works He intends to do through us before the end of this age! It is needful that we don't forget that He is also coming for a Church without spot or blemish (Ephesians 5:27).

The plan of the enemy is to keep as many Christians as possible, tied to sexual sins so that they can not become productive in the Kingdom. The truth is that until Christians stop frowning at sexual purity messages, they're not ready to be mightily used of the LORD to impact the world around them. Our impact on Earth is directly proportional to how much consecrated we are to the LORD.

WHAT IS SEXUAL PURITY?

Sexual Purity is a deliberate, daily decision to live for the LORD and not for the Flesh; by empowerment of the Holy Spirit. It is part of taking up our cross and following our LORD JESUS CHRIST on daily basis (Mark 10:21). It goes far beyond what we do with our body. It's involves our thoughts, intents, behaviours and actions.

The Holy Scriptures is clear on God's call on His Church to abstain from fornication and adultery. In the Old Testament, adultery was punish-able by death.

Leviticus 20:10 KJV
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

That fact that we are not punished instantly for sin today because we live in the era of Grace should get us more concerned. Grace should neither be despised nor taken for granted. Grace is JESUS CHRIST and we crucify the Him afresh if we deliberately continue in sin (Hebrews 6:6). Temporary punishment is better than eternal separation from God. We risk getting separated from God is we abuse Grace.

Romans 12:1 KJV
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

THE MIND AND SEXUAL PURITY

Every genuine Christian desires to live a life which is pleasing to the LORD. Many have made decisions, vows and resolutions but only end up frustrated when they see themselves failing to live up to them time and again. The reality is that if we refuse to.... READ MORE HERE=https://www.ibloggospel.com/2021/01/how-to-crucify-flesh-and-its-passions.html

(1) (Reply)

Day Star Set To Begin Saturday Services / Heaven: The Eternal Home Of God's People / Televangelist Jim Bakker Selling Cabins To Safeguard People From Apocalypse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.