Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,943 members, 7,922,333 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 02:35 AM

How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House (929 Views)

Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / My Sister Want To Expose My Secret Life To My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House by EkoErrands: 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
So last Thursday I was awoken by a subtle shout from one of my neighbours 2 doors away from my mini apartment.
We all live together in a twin-fully detached block of 10 apartments each.

Whenever you hear a scream or noise at night you stay indoors for a while and observe before you go check...! Those were the words of my mom. And I was being obedient when my neighbour started her subtle call for help by 2am that night.

The funny thing was that she was calling for help from people in the other compound. So that made me believe her problem was specific to the person she was calling.

She had continued to call out for almost 30min, stopping intermittently only to resume again when it seemed no one was coming to the rescue.

I stayed put listening...trying to figure out what the matter was and she wasn't giving out any clues through her call for help.

It was only after my immediate next door neighbour responded to her calls ....by shouting back at her "watin happen".... That she screamed nde oshi o! (Meaning thieves o).

I jumped up off my bed.

I never imagined this type of situation ever since I moved into this apartment 6 months ago. Infact the last time thieves entered anywhere I was sleeping was over 20 years ago. So I had gotten used to sleeping with both eyes closed.

Unknown to all, she had been robbed at gun point, all her jewelries and gadgets collected and had been locked inside her bed room.

The confusion that erupted in the whole compound was revolutionary...everybody started shouting and running out of their doors as if to catch the thieves. I wasn't the 2nd to come out.

By the time I wore my boxers and a t shirt and made it out of my mini apartment, I could see the damage that was done to her front window. Apparently, the robbers had gained entry to her apartment through the front window. As she was being released from her rented prison.

Men! This is crazi....she had been beaten and her face was swollen. As if out of a horror movie, we all immediately discovered that the next apartment had its window bursted too and there was no sign of life from inside. Could it be that the guy had also been locked inside his room too?

That was exactly the case. By the time we rescued the 2nd victim, the look on his face showed that he had been locked inside his room for quite sometime and he maintained his silence all through from 2am when the first shouting started till now about 3:30am. Men this is also crazi!!!

By now everybody from both compounds had come out including the only victim from the other compound. His story was very interesting. He said he was sleeping with his lights on so he could quickly notice the moment the robber poked a stick through to open his curtains for a quick peek. The robber instructed him to be quiet ,..a command he obeyed as he ran out of his room and into the sitting room jamming the door behind him. According to him, it took the robber only few seconds to defeat the window burglary as he immediately felt the robber dragging the door handle he was holding from the opposite side.

By morning as I walked towards my apartment for the first time since 2 am, it was only then I discovered my window nets had been torn just like the the other windows that the robbers burgled.

I was in shock. I immediately remembered my mother and her prayers. This must be grace! God I thank you. It wasn't by my power but by His grace. Though I will never tell my mother this story, I know her prayers had saved me.

I imagined so many things, I imagined waking up to strangers in my bedroom (2 or more) and the fact that I had no clothes on made my imagination even more vivid.

Then I imagined what my actions would have been considering my temper. My temper might even kill me before the robbers do. Well let me stop imagining things and take a moment to notice that just like my window net was bursted, they had also bursted that belonging to my immediate next door neighbour. I immediately called his attention to it. He was shocked and speechless for 5 minutes. He had a son and a pregnant wife....just imagine! My case was better because I was alone in my room though nak3d but I rather be than have a wife and kid with me through such misery.

My neighbour and I had thought we survived the robbery without a scratch but clearly so we didnt; our nets had been torn, and believe it or not we were in more shock than the victims who actually had contact with the robbers. My imagination was eating me up. My temper was scaring me...making me fear for my life few hours ago.

All through the whole ordeal, nobody talked about calling the police, we never did till morning. We only went round the developing neighborhood with cutlasses and sticks that night.

OK how did a porcupine come into the mix?

Re: How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House by PEPPERified: 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2018
The porcupine now did what kwa nu?

Idiot (porcupine) na correct bush meat ooo. in case you no know
Re: How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House by urvillagepeoplee(m): 8:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
movie title: WHO KILL THE PORCUPINE?
Re: How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House by Donald3d(m): 9:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
That is not a porcupine.
Re: How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House by HORLADSTAR(m): 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2018
This is nothing but technological nonsense
Re: How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House by blessedvisky(m): 11:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
Re: How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House by YOUNGELDER1(m): 5:06am On Mar 12, 2018
God please keep and protect my family from these sons of evil .

Op thank God they did not gain access into your flat .
Re: How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House by Donald3d(m): 5:18am On Mar 12, 2018
blessedvisky:

Na wa o. So people like this still dey sad.

Do you mind telling us what it is
Kpele, I was viewing from my phone it looked like a grasscutter to me.I have a better view now on a PC, my bad.
Re: How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House by prestigiouslady: 5:58am On Mar 12, 2018
Robbers are a nightmare, even after their operation, the feeling is still there, you can't sleep with your eyes closed.

A thief was caught in my area yesterday (one escaped) in broad daylight with a 2015 Samsung plasma, four laptops, sneakers and lot of new Ankara yards...
May God guide us all
Re: How A Porcupine Lost Its Life To Armed Robbers In My House by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:19am On Mar 12, 2018
so roobers now use that animalnto rob or is it una watchman in the compound?

(1) (Reply)

Religious Blackmail / Please What Has This Newborn Baby Brought To The World? / Share Your Experience Being A Step-mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.