Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,780 members, 7,915,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:52 PM

Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates (10630 Views)

Kano ‘Chip Whip’: DSS Arrests Fake Number Plate Producers / FRSC Disowns ‘Chip Whip’ Number Plate / Kano House Of Assembly Chief Whip Car's Number Plate Written As Chip Whip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates by kunleham(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2018
They are just being smart by half, when they noticed that Lagosians have decided to be going to neighboring states for vehicles registration, na to deny the increment sure pass.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates by zoedew: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2018
adisabarber:
As long as I can license my car in another state, i have no problem with it

And LASG will come up with some levy payable only by folks who do vehicle licenses outside the State. Can you beat that!
Re: Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates by knnthroyales: 1:23am On Mar 14, 2018
I just hope this increment aint true
Re: Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates by Tunks2017(m): 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
Owamudia:
Nice one.

Just yesterday, somebody was telling me that it was increased from 1,850 to 4,000.

So who do we believe now

Ogun state all the way cool

grin

Re: Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates by Kestolovee95(f): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2018
Of course they'll deny and their zombies will swallow it.

Listen not everyone owns a car in Lagos therefore increasing Vehicle reg levy may not really affect everyone. Even vehicle owners can register in other states and drive in Lagos.

But the real 'koko' that will affect everyone is the 400% increase Land Use Charge. Except you sleep under the bridge in lagos you'll be affected.
Everyone with a roof over their head Landlords and tenants will pay the price mostly tenants

No landlord will pay that astronomical charge without making his tenants pay through their nostrils.
Re: Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates by LaudableXX: 4:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Let's wait for Lekki people, nah them dey see all the shege first.

Na true word you talk. Na from our side dem dey first start all their nonsense! angry Ambode's cabinet is filled with bloody liars! angry They saw that the news of their nefarious plans to increase vehicle registration fees leaked, so they decided to postpone the increase. I dare them to go ahead with the increase, and see how Nigerians shuttle en masse to Ogun state next door, to register their vehicles without stress! sad

The protesters forgot to add that Ambode increased land surveying charges from 80,000 naira per plot to almost 700,000 naira per plot, last year!

In just one year he has increased the following charges:

1). Land surveying fees

2). Lekki toll gate fees

3). Water rates by Lagos State Water Corporation

4). Borehole charges

5). Land Use Charges

6). Court filing charges at Lagos State high courts

And I hear he also increased Radio/TV license fees, too. Na only im waka come? shocked The greatest insult they added to our injury, was when his Commissioner of Finance Akinyemi Ashade lied that they consulted widely and severally with the public, before increasing LUC. Guess who they consulted with? House of Reps members. Those were the people they consulted with. Ask Asade if they know the last time the House of Reps members visited their constituencies, or held any dialogue with them. Ask Ashade if the House of Reps members will be the ones to pay the LUC fees, on behalf of their constituents.

The lousy joker in the House of Reps who represents my area in Lekki has gone missing in action for over 2 years. Nobody even knows what he looks like. And that is the clown that Ambode's commissioner is claiming he consulted. mtcheew!

Mixed Reactions Trail Lagos New Land Use Charge Law | Posted by BREAKING NEWS on MARCH 7, 2018 |

The President of the Nigeria Employer Consultative Forum (NECA), Mr. Larry E. Ettah, at a press conference, said, “The recent amendment of the land use charge law is a classic case of insensitivity, alienation and gross disregard of the current state of wellbeing of both corporate entities and residents.”

NECA hinted that the organised private sector (OPS) would do everything legal and legitimate; including social resistance, to challenge this “unfair and unjustifiable law.”

Also an anonymous resident said, “I have just received the land use charge notification for this year; it has gone up 450 per cent. I have looked at the basis for calculation and not only has the percentage rate increased from 0.394 to 0.761000, they have valued the house far in excess of its market value to maximise revenue,” the resident said.

“Who hikes taxes by 450 per cent with 11 days’ notice? To compound matters there’s a threat of penalty payments ranging from 125 per cent to 200 per cent of this bill if payment isn’t made between April and August. How on earth can we continue like this?” the resident asked.

According to the Coalition of Real Estate Investors and Surveyors in Lagos State, after its thorough analysis of the LUCL 2018, Owners-Occupiers are expected to pay a token percentage of 0.076 per cent of the value of the assessed property. https://breaking.com.ng/nigerianews2017/mixed-reactions-trail-lagos-new-land-use-charge-law/
Re: Lagos Denies Increasing Motor Vehicle Registration, Number Plate Rates by BruncleZuma: 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

Na true word you talk. Na from our side dem dey first start all their nonsense! angry Ambode's cabinet is filled with bloody liars! angry They saw that the news of their nefarious plans to increase vehicle registration fees leaked, so they decided to postpone the increase. I dare them to go ahead with the increase, and see how Nigerians shuttle en masse to Ogun state next door, to register their vehicles without stress! sad

The protesters forgot to add that Ambode increased land surveying charges from 80,000 naira per plot to almost 700,000 naira per plot, last year!

In just one year he has increased the following charges:

1). Land surveying fees

2). Lekki toll gate fees

3). Water rates by Lagos State Water Corporation

4). Borehole charges

5). Land Use Charges

6). Court filing charges at Lagos State high courts

And I hear he also increased Radio/TV license fees, too. Na only im waka come? shocked The greatest insult they added to our injury, was when his Commissioner of Finance Akinyemi Ashade lied that they consulted widely and severally with the public, before increasing LUC. Guess who they consulted with? House of Reps members. Those were the people they consulted with. Ask Asade if they know the last time the House of Reps members visited their constituencies, or held any dialogue with them. Ask Ashade if the House of Reps members will be the ones to pay the LUC fees, on behalf of their constituents.

The lousy joker in the House of Reps who represents my area in Lekki has gone missing in action for over 2 years. Nobody even knows what he looks like. And that is the clown that Ambode's commissioner is claiming he consulted. mtcheew!

Blood of Poor People!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Shielding Akpabio From Prosecution For Corrupt Allegation ― Group / Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" / Maitasine Crisis In Kano, 4100 Dead-Millitary Crushed Group. But B'haram Thrives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.