Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,076 members, 7,977,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:49 PM

- - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / - (2746 Views)

Modern Architecture Designs / The Marvel Of Modern Architecture - A Shoe Shaped Church / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: - by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 16, 2018
...-
Re: - by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 16, 2018
-
Re: - by Idealer(m): 3:12am On Mar 16, 2018
Modern and affordable

Re: - by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 16, 2018
....--
Re: - by Nobody: 3:18am On Mar 16, 2018
-
Re: - by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 16, 2018
-
Re: - by Nobody: 4:10am On Mar 16, 2018
-
Re: - by Nobody: 4:31am On Mar 16, 2018
Re: - by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 17, 2018
Re: - by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 17, 2018
Re: - by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 17, 2018
-
Re: - by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 17, 2018
---------
Re: - by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 17, 2018
Re: - by chrisbaxtian(m): 2:48am On Mar 17, 2018
TheMinimalist:
These modern shower heads cost around 450 dollars each . the conventional shower heads cost only 40 to 60 dollars. there's a difference . Let's assume you have 3 baths in your house , are you wiling to spend $1500 just for shower head alone ? the bathtub alone cost 500 dollars. .are you willing to spend 1500 for bathtubs alone ?

what about the modern lighting/
The closet door you see below is around $1200 . If you have 5 bedrooms are you willing to spend 6000 dollars on closet doors alone .let's assume you have 5 bedrooms . closet doors alone = $6000 ,the front door = $1300 ,Garage door = 3000 dollars . Shower head for 5 bathrooms=$2600
Toilet seats for 5 bathrooms =2500 dollars
Bath tub for 5 bathrooms =3500 dollars.

all of that roughly = 20,000 dollars or around 7 Million naira. we haven't began building the house . what about electrical wiring , plumbing,etc.

sighs! you still don't get it, do you. anyway, sha continue with your modern design

4 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 17, 2018
-

1 Like

Re: - by chrisbaxtian(m): 2:59am On Mar 17, 2018
TheMinimalist:
Go build whatever you want to build but I assure you there's no way to get around it . even a cabin like this one below cost $3,000 dollars 1 million naira. call me when you;re done with your modern house and let's see how much it cost. so you want a nice house for peanuts. you better stick to building a mud hut if you have no money to builda modern house. nothing good comes cheap.

you are not a minimalist cheesy
Re: - by Nobody: 3:03am On Mar 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 17, 2018
----------------
Re: - by chrisbaxtian(m): 3:27am On Mar 17, 2018
TheMinimalist:
I am. but the problem is that you are poor. go get yourself an education and get yourself a good high paying job and stop fantasizing about the homes i'm posting .they're are not for you.
I'm a computer Engineer and i make $300,000 dollars(110 million naira) per year from all my investments . My view is different from yours. . Dude I lived in a camping van for 5 years during and after college . I'm 27 going 28 later this year .

what is a minimalist to you?

chai! see finishing! grin grin grin

You're just a pathetic slowpoke that managed to get himself a computer to do some fancy designs! who ask you all this one wey you dey talk? wetin concern your imagined "paycheck" from your so called "investments" with wetin we dey discuss? You lack common sense! and it's pitiable that someone that claims to be so "educated" cannot get the memo that your designs are so exorbitant, a right thinking individual in Nigeria today will not pay for it! Even after giving you a hint to do something low cost, you kept on ranting about doors, glass panels, shower caps and crap! you get sense at all?! what gave you the impression that I am poor and uneducated?! you have the audacity to insult me because you have a computer?! you are a big f00l!

Just look at the putrid trash you regurgitated and spat out on this thread? iranu!

3 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 3:29am On Mar 17, 2018
...-
Re: - by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 17, 2018
Re: - by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2018
-
Re: - by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2018
Re: - by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 17, 2018
-----
Re: - by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
-
Re: - by whirlwind7(m): 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
TheMinimalist:
you're ridiculous . do you know the price of a piece of glass sheet?

the garage door alone cost 3000 dollars, around 1 million naira. Do you know how high quality that door is . it cost over $1000. i'm actually converting from dollars to naira. just for garage door and front door alone that's 1.5 million Naira.

Your response shows you know very little about modern minimalist architecture.
There is a reason its called minimalist. Less is better. Less is more. Minimalist design strives to convey the message of simplicity. It uses basic geometric forms, and elements without much decoration, and simple materials.
I can go on and on, but it would be a waste of time. If you are actually well grounded in minimalist architectural designs and buildings, you wouldn't keep stressing on the price of the garage door, as if its what gives the building its most befitting quality.

While I agree that each individual has the option to finish his house with the quality of material he can afford, cheap, mid range, or expensive, that aspect should be left at the owner's discretion.

In Nigeria, that same door can be fabricated with aluminium or any other suitable metal, at a fraction of the cost you mentioned. Check out Skimanski and his posts in this property section. That's someone who knows his onions. I can bet you he and his team can fabricate a good looking garage door at half that cost, or less. You post mostly pictures sourced from the internet here. What's the point? Anyone can do that.

If you wish for patronage, go and do some more researches, then bring realistic, workable figures that many will find attractive. I wouldn't patronise you from what you have posted here.
Not beefing you. Just a honest observation. You don't even need to listen to a single word I typed here.
Re: - by whirlwind7(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
TheMinimalist:
Go build whatever you want to build but I assure you there's no way to get around it . even a cabin like this one below cost $10,000 dollars 3 million naira. call me when you;re done with your modern house and let's see how much it cost. so you want a nice house for peanuts. you better stick to building a mud hut if you have no money to build a modern house. nothing good comes cheap. you can build a block and paint it white but who are you deceiving ?

Such a pity.

Come back in 5 to 7 years and read this post of yours.
If you still feel its justified, then you're set.
You got a long way to go. I'm just hoping you will get there.
All the best!
Re: - by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
Re: - by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2018
--
Re: - by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2018
----
Re: - by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2018
Re: - by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
----

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Implication Of Not Roofing Your House Immediately After Construction. / Profile Of Bella DISU-ADENUGA; Owner Of Luxury Apartments In Ikoyi / Many Trapped As A 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.