Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,907 members, 7,966,366 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 01:22 PM

He Told Me To Be His Extra Tyre. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Told Me To Be His Extra Tyre. (423 Views)

I Went On A Date With A Guy And He Told Me He Can’t Pay For What I Ate - Lady / Before Marriage He Told Me He Was A Car Dealer Nigerian Lady Crys Out(video) / "My Brother Told Me To Have Sex & Get Money" - Lady Flaunts Dollars, iPhone 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Told Me To Be His Extra Tyre. by Eagle17: 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2018
He said I should be his extra tyre!

I am sure we all know the importance of having an extra tyre in a car while driving. This was explained to me by a guy who wanted me to be his girlfriend.

The incident happened around April 2010 when I was in my second year at the university. I had gone home for a break.

One afternoon as I was busy with my work at home, I received a knock on the door. I opened the door and to my surprise, it was one of my mum’s employee. We exchanged pleasantries. He told me that we needed to talk.

It wasn’t a surprise that he knew I was the only one at home. He must have seen me in the morning while the school activities were going on. We went to the school area and sat in one of the classes.

Then, he started his sweet talks. He told me how he had been noticing me for some time and how he had been admiring me and wished we could be together.

In his words, he said that I should not let my parents know about our discussion. He knew my father was strict. After his poem and drama, he finally told me to marry him!

I was like see this one o. I was wiser then than the other one that happened with Uncle J. I wanted to tell him emphatically that I wasn’t interested but I just felt like telling him that I was in a relationship in order to hear what he would say.

I told my latest suitor that I was already in a relationship and that I was so sorry to disappoint him. He didn’t feel disappointed at all.

Instead, he told me that there was no problem with that. Then, he started his illustration. He said, “Imagine a driver starts a journey from Ibadan to Ilesa and on his way, the car’s tyre gets punctured. He checks the car boot but can’t find another tyre, neither can he find a mechanic to help him. What do you think would happen to him?”

I replied sheepishly as I was confused on where he was directing his story to. I said, “He may not be able to continue his journey.”
“Exactly!” he exclaimed.
“I don’t understand you,” I said.
It was then he told me that even he too was in a relationship. He said, “Everyone needs an extra tyre in case one disappoints, there will be hope that there is another person available.”

I was dumbfounded! He told me not to do away with my present relationship but that we could start a relationship together without the knowledge of our partners. I couldn’t say anything. I was just looking at him.

When I recovered from the shock, I confessed to him that I wasn’t in any relationship. I told him that I said all that so that he could leave me alone. I told him how priceless I am to my future husband so, I would not sell myself so cheap to someone who does not know my worth and would make me an extra tyre. I told him to his face never to waste my time for such useless talk again.

Later in the day, I told my mum about it and we just laughed it off. I told her not to mention it to him as I have handled the situation. Since then, anytime we are talking about him and do not want to mention his name, we just refer to him as the extra tyre.

Dear sister, what exactly did he tell you to be? If he has told you to be his future partner who will raise godly kids and build a godly home together, pray about it, allow God to lead you, then go for it.

But, if he has told you to be his extra tyre, my sister, you may be the one that may get punctured! Back off!

© Jossiedelodun

(1) (Reply)

HUH?? My Husband Smells My Underwear Whenever I Get Home - Frustrated Wife / Some Nigerian Or Nairaland Feminists Are No Feminists. / We Need Help On This Thief Thankgod Adoche Ogbu. Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.