Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,313 members, 7,971,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:13 AM

Juju And Rituals - Questions - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Juju And Rituals - Questions (1857 Views)

Is Juju Real? / Masquerade Exhibiting Powers Failed By His Juju As Bullet Penetrates - Oyo State / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juju And Rituals - Questions by revontuli(f): 1:30am On Mar 16, 2018
I'm curious about juju and native religions.
I see a lot of mention of rituals in some threads. Is there a general negative attitude towards rituals? Does "rituals" mean only dark magic?
Do the juju people summon spirits? Or travel to the astral themselves and negotiate with the spirits/gods there?
I know a bit about the pagan religion and witchcraft of Yoruba origin practiced in Latin America (Santeria) but next to nothing about the living African native religion and juju practices.
Any experts on board?
In exchange of information, I can tell you about oyinbo juju and rituals.
Re: Juju And Rituals - Questions by Luminee(f): 3:08am On Mar 16, 2018
Well the African culture is a rich one but unfortunately not well documented. What you refer here as pagan worship is a tradition or culture still practiced in many African countries.

I have directed your question here http://sayitafrica.com/index.php?r=content%2Fperma&id=438 perhaps you'll get the knowledge you seek
Re: Juju And Rituals - Questions by shaybebaby(f): 10:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
revontuli:
I see a lot of mention of rituals in some threads. Is there a general negative attitude towards rituals? Does "rituals" mean only dark magic?
Do the juju people summon spirits? Or travel to the astral themselves and negotiate with the spirits/gods there?
I know a bit about the pagan religion and witchcraft of Yoruba origin practiced in Latin America (Santeria) but next to nothing about the living African native religion and juju practices.
Any experts on board?
Chick, try reposting this in the religion section. There should be folks there who will do justice to it possibly enlighten you further.
Re: Juju And Rituals - Questions by revontuli(f): 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
shaybebaby:

Chick, try reposting this in the religion section. There should be folks there who will do justice to it possibly enlighten you further.

I learned a bit.... When they say rituals they mean the wicked, dark money rituals. Just wondering if there's any good rituals. I went to the wrong place to ask! I'll try religion. Thanks much for the tip!
Re: Juju And Rituals - Questions by shaybebaby(f): 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
revontuli:

I learned a bit.... When they say rituals they mean the wicked, dark money rituals. Just wondering if there's any good rituals. I went to the wrong place to ask! I'll try religion. Thanks much for the tip!
There is a fella on that section that is into the traditional ways of worship and the "rituals". Babalawos I think his monicker is.

You are most welcome. I'll be seeing you around there. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju And Rituals - Questions by revontuli(f): 12:11am On Mar 22, 2018
shaybebaby:

There is a fella on that section that is into the traditional ways of worship and the "rituals". Babalawos I think his monicker is.

You are most welcome. I'll be seeing you around there. wink

Awww thank you sis!
Re: Juju And Rituals - Questions by Favor99(m): 7:19am On Mar 22, 2018
revontuli:
Any experts on board?
And once you get this information from our people you'll take it and not give credit to the African people. Whites have done this for centuries. Once you share this info with your people it will be deliberately forgotten that it came from Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Juju And Rituals - Questions by revontuli(f): 9:31am On Mar 22, 2018
Favor99:

And once you get this information from our people you'll take it and not give credit to the African people. Whites have done this for centuries. Once you share this info with your people it will be deliberately forgotten that it came from Africa.

Dude, my people don't believe in those things! You being sarcastic right?

It's just curiosity to compare what kind of heathen beliefs people have around the world and if they have any common elements.
Re: Juju And Rituals - Questions by shaybebaby(f): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2018
revontuli:

Dude, my people don't believe in those things!
It's sheer curiosity to compare what kind of heathen beliefs people have around the world and if they have any common elements.
Morning hun, trust you had a good night's kip. cheesy

Remember what I said about the mental state of some peeps on here. wink
Re: Juju And Rituals - Questions by revontuli(f): 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2018
shaybebaby:

Morning hun, trust you had a good night's kip. cheesy

Remember what I said about the mental state of some peeps on here. wink

I wonder if that one is trolling or serious cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Strippers Usually Yoruba And Ibo? / Ijebu And Oyo-who Speaks Yoruba Language Among The Two? / Beauty Of Masqurade In African Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.