Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,333 members, 7,943,828 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:12 AM

Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! (9073 Views)

2015: Yerima Joins Presidential Race / Tambuwal Joins Presidential Race, APC Intrigues Deepen / Chris Okotie Joins Presidential Race. . . Again?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by webgenius(m): 8:03pm On May 03, 2010
His website does him a lot of injustice, not after years of artistic displays with his magazine. How can he put up such a site, please someone beg him to pull it down or the only vote that will count for him maybe his own.
What has Dele Momodu's interest got to do with the South East, after all the race is not to the swiftest or the earliest
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by ReachRich(m): 8:07pm On May 03, 2010
Dele MUMU-du
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by redsun(m): 8:09pm On May 03, 2010
This is not just about Dele,this is about YOU standing your ground as a so-called youth and making a difference in a society that have been systematically ruled by gay-s,thieves and ignoramus since the so-called independence up to this day.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by eros(m): 8:11pm On May 03, 2010
Godslover:

DELE MOMODU OF ALL PEOPLE, I WOULD RATHER CHEW MY VOTER`S CARD THEN VOTE FOR THAT PUNK angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Couldn't stop laughing on reading this.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 03, 2010
Atleast he has made a move. Some people only advocates wishful thinking like my ina boys. 50 yrs after indie, non of you has tasted the highest seat but you are always screaming your stomach out for equity yet you have diverse voices. By the way, you should be ashamed at Ojukwu's endorsement of IBB. I pity this dying nation. Crap!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by dayokanu(m): 8:14pm On May 03, 2010
ANything that would stop the Maradona. Go Dele jor
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Kay17: 8:17pm On May 03, 2010
redsun:

This is not just about Dele,this is about YOU standing your ground as a so-called youth and making a difference in a society that have been systematically ruled by gay-s,thieves and ignoramus since the so-called independence up to this day.
it is the mind set of the people of this country that set years backwards. Nigerians generally give a voice to tribalism, we are more concerned about the tribe, if he is from the North or south and religion of the candidates rather than his abilities, thus the cost is bad governance from incompetent rulers. We might eventually end up like Angola or Liberia; a bloody civil war. best is to set aside all that nonsense consideration.

IBB has the advantage of being experienced in state affairs and he is least bad candidate.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by otokx(m): 8:22pm On May 03, 2010
Do you all remember the likes of Pat Utomi and Chris Okotie? Men more honourable than this chap but what happened? Let him go and try first in his LG?
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by dayokanu(m): 8:25pm On May 03, 2010
IBB has the advantage of being experienced in state affairs and he is least bad candidate.

What experience? Institutionalising corruption? or ruining the country or annuling the freeest and fairest election in the country's history. WHich experience are you refering to?
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by delagasky(m): 8:33pm On May 03, 2010
Is it not this same Dele Momodu who celebrates the opulence of the Abachas abd the likes of IBB in his magazine? He too wants to enter Aso Rock and taste it abi?? As for me, i dont like the smell of his agenda, honourable as it may sound, i only think he wants to do this because of a persnal dislike for IBB for what he did to his mentor Abiola.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by lasgidi4rv: 8:41pm On May 03, 2010
I think we should hear him out on what he has to offer before deciding whether or not to vote for him. If he meets the criteria to run, let him!!! I have watched him speak and demonstrate along with the youths of "Enough is Enough". He seems to be serious about effecting REAL LONG LASTING and POSITIVE change in Nigeria. smiley
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by londoner: 8:42pm On May 03, 2010
I dont support him, reason being he said (allegedly) he is contesting because IBB said no young person can rule  Nigeria. This is then pure ego and muscle flexing by Momodu, rather than a genuine zeal to lead the nation. Why doesn't he and his other rich friends decide to support a young political aspirant who has the clout and some experience to lead Nigeria?

He is like many of the rich Nigerians, they must always be seen, always be visible with their power and influence even when others would fill the shoes of the post better.

I used to read his mag, which by the way is just a 'showoff' contest  of the rich and sometimes criminal. I stopped when he gave an interview on Bentv years back telling people that they should forget about Nigeria and rather spend their monies in Ghana. He also lives in Ghana, although he is in Nigeria alot of the time. He may have changed since then though.

He does not strike me as someone who deserves to lead Nigeria. Lets see what he has to say for himself, but I would be more impressed if he wanted to sponsor someone else.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by mukkiee: 8:51pm On May 03, 2010
Bashorun Momoduuu, Hw on earth after glorifying the so called 'evil' IBB can he then come and want us to believe that they are on pararell lines I dey smell bushmeat oooo grin grin, Perhaps I think he should start from a much smaller post like House of Reps, like Abike Dabiri, or better the Senate but this one too much for am ooo, he's not ready for this in the slightest bit!!!!!!!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by skyjuice: 8:59pm On May 03, 2010
Am sorry to say, there's a lot of dumb MF on nairaland. Of course the man knows he has no chance in hell to win the race, it's a way for him to up his status as a Nigeria, which I think is a very very smart of him, ex Ross Perot ran for US president right, it gave him more clout after the race. Besides he has every right to declare to run just like you and I.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by mukkiee: 9:18pm On May 03, 2010
skyjuice:

Am sorry to say, there's a lot of dumb MF on nairaland. Of course the man knows he has no chance in hell to win the race, it's a way for him to up his status as a  Nigeria, which I think is a very very smart of him, ex Ross Perot ran for US president right, it gave him more clout after the race. Besides he has every right to declare to run just like you and I.
C'mon man you should know that what the man is doing in this case is to ridicule himself because he has a very very fat chance of even standing a chance for starters u na mean? But if it is for the lesser positions then he will be able to build his political fanbase or clout as you call it even though he looses but this is just making a fool of himself period!!!!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by SLIGHT(m): 9:22pm On May 03, 2010
What a wishful thinking! I give him 20 percent chance in naija 2011 'free and fair' elections
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Ndipe(m): 9:23pm On May 03, 2010
I was laughing when I read this story. Dele Momodu? I wont vote for him, given the opportunity.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 03, 2010
Ok, could metal gong and his adversary seriously stop for a minute? I've watched you guys move from thread to thread looking for the slightest provocation to commence racially motivated insults!!

Seriously its not the way forward for this country. You guys seriously need to look beyond what language you speak and what other tribe members have done. because Ojukwu/ okadigbo does something you don't like does not make all Igbos silly neither does any Yoruba politician make the rest indigenes morons.

Its so sad that you guys bicker on about how the guys at the top are stealing power/ zoning it when you guys on your own level cannot even try to get along.

Guys, I use God beg una, I have come to dislike Nairaland because of the amount of hate emanating from these threads. Please keep it to a minimum and remember that you do not solve one wrong with another,
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by rickie4us(m): 9:33pm On May 03, 2010
I think he is only looking for political relevance. He wants to be made the minister of special duties events in the next dispensation
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 9:55pm On May 03, 2010
Look at the Old Fool calling himself a youth angry,
the only vote he'll get would be that of his wife.
you think organising the 'maga no need pay' song alone is enough
for you to get back into the good books of Nigerians after all your hypocrite years
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Anaegboka(m): 10:38pm On May 03, 2010
londoner:

I dont support him, reason being he said (allegedly) he is contesting because IBB said no young person can rule  Nigeria. This is then pure ego and muscle flexing by Momodu, rather than a genuine zeal to lead the nation. Why doesn't he and his other rich friends decide to support a young political aspirant who has the clout and some experience to lead Nigeria?

He is like many of the rich Nigerians, they must always be seen, always be visible with their power and influence even when others would fill the shoes of the post better.

I used to read his mag, which by the way is just a 'showoff' contest  of the rich and sometimes criminal. I stopped when he gave an interview on Bentv years back telling people that they should forget about Nigeria and rather spend their monies in Ghana. He also lives in Ghana, although he is in Nigeria alot of the time. He may have changed since then though.

He does not strike me as someone who deserves to lead Nigeria. Lets see what he has to say for himself, but I would be more impressed if he wanted to sponsor someone else.
I thouht his joining the race was good, but you've opened my eyes. But I'll rather vote for him than IBB. That man should not be allowed to smell the presidency.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by babtundeokelola: 11:06pm On May 03, 2010
I love that.But Unfortunately they won't let him get there.
The Big Boys would PREVENT him from getting there.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by alex406(m): 11:38pm On May 03, 2010
Why politics?why r these people greedy?
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by meg2: 2:09am On May 04, 2010
dayokanu:

dayokanu link=topic=440298.msg5992768#msg5992768 date=1272912073:

Nnamadi Azikwe- Figurehead President to Prime Minister Balewa.
Alex Ekwueme - Figurhead VP to Shehu SHagari
Sylvester Ugo - VP to Candidate Basir Tofa
Chuba Okadigbo - VP Candidate to Mohamaddu Buhari

I cant remember the name of the VP to Buhari in the last election self

Always contented to be VP's

I can see you have this passionate beef for the Ibo`s, i would like you to understand my friend that the fight is not for the hasty but for the calculated man, i know the people you talk about and its quite interesting to know that you cant link the unstability and death of the nation`s economy to them. So far we have always had the other tribes in the front and see wht we have become as a Nation since then. A Nigeria manned by an Igbo President will surely rule countries like Dubai in Industrialization and would become the center of trade and the Hub of Technology in Africa. Check the History of the Ibo`s, they have the magic touch in whatever they get into.
For now, I think the one thing to be sorted out between the ibo`s is unity and 1 Mind, wait till it`s a nailed down case. Then you will see what lies in the power of the Ibo`s.
A Nigeria to Dare is a Nigeria ruled by an Igbo man with Integrity and great vision for the country
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by master2(m): 4:11am On May 04, 2010
Godslover:

DELE MOMODU OF ALL PEOPLE, I WOULD RATHER CHEW MY VOTER`S CARD THEN VOTE FOR THAT PUNK angry
It's ur right 2 chew ur v/card and his right to contest the 2011 election.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Faher(m): 4:41am On May 04, 2010
DELE MOMODU OF ALL PEOPLE, I WOULD RATHER CHEW MY VOTER`S CARD THEN VOTE FOR THAT PUNK

Laughing in Momoduism
This post had me in stitches men, true words.

Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by master2(m): 4:46am On May 04, 2010
londoner:

U have a great analytical mind and u seems to be making sense unlike other tribalistic buffon nairalanders on this thread.
I see Dele Momodu as a show man. He always wants to b in the limelight with celebrities, the rich and famous. I don't see him as a grassroot person that understand the pain of the common man. If given the chance as president he will continue 2 wine and din with thesame people that loot our treasury because his antecedent is not saying otherwise. Maybe he has change lately just as londoner said.
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by ruiyeye(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2010
Igbo, yoruba, Fulani, Ibibio, Itsekiri, Idoma, Kabba, Ijaw, Nupe, Tapa, who caresas long as s/he is a person of integrity and charisma(able 2 inspire the can do spirit of Nigerians)

the igbo VP under Buhari 4 d last election was Edwin Ume-Ezeoke, reali,i think dele momodu is clowning about, he should run as Senator or a rep for his state,not divide the votes.
why cant "Well meaning" Nigerians come together and oust PDP?-I mean why cant we have a super opposition party and stop all these rubbish.with the likes of DELE,Pat Utomi,Tinubu and the rest declaring interest on different platforms,they are giving PDP the edge cos Nigerians would have divided votes, we should take a leaf from USA (2 super parties,then the remaining small inconsequential ones), UK (3major parties and the rest smaller ones)
I reali dislike the politics of the PDP but all arrows are pointing toward another rigged "victory" 4 the PDP (hopefully Bukola Saraki would get the nod from Obj and Johnathan) smiley
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by Goldmind1(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2010
@Metal-gong

Nwokem, what will IBB give for campaigning for him? A man who ran down the Nigerian economy during his 8 yrs in office. You should have the interest of the country @ heart, not your individual or tribal interest.

We want Nigeria to move forward. No more recycling of leaders up there. We need fresh men. If we continue this way, you'ld be a disgrace to the Igbo race and you'll end up achieving nothing politically, just as Andy Uba failed and re-failed again.

NIGERIA SHALL BE FREE!!!!!!!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by hameet: 9:16am On May 04, 2010
naija has become a carricature nation. pls this isn't an ''OWAMBE'' nation!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by ohisng(m): 9:28am On May 04, 2010
Long throat DELE!!!!
Re: Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! by bisiaet: 9:29am On May 04, 2010
Good for him at least he has every right to comntest for any position it does not matter he win or loose. This are the people I like not my own people from the East who are always looking for Vice, Deputy and Assitant when it come to presidency in Nigeria, Dele ride on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Here Is The Much Awaited List .....Now Everybody Can Rest. / Nigerian Army To Migrate To IPPIS In 2017 – Kemi Adeosun / "Buhari Never Said That The War Against Boko Haram Is Over" - Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.