Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,194 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad (1507 Views)

I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji / Telegram Adds 70 Million Users After Facebook Outage / This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by Reediano(m): 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
Snapchat has been losing a lot of users for quite sometime now. It initially started when Instagram copied the "story" feature which used to exclusive to Snapchat only. This resulted in a steady decrease in the number of Snapchat's active users. After that, there have been series of other controversies which has affected the company negatively.

Not long ago, the company changed its UI on iOS, which made a lot of angry Snapchat iOS users to circulate a petition demanding that the old UI be brought back which actually didn't happen. Now, the company has just been hit by yet another major controversy.

Snapchat recently ran an ad on its app asking whether users "would rather slap Rihanna or punch Chris Brown." For those who don't remember, Rihanna suffered domestic violence back then in 2009 when Chris Brown was convicted for brutally attacking her in a car. The ad didn't go down well with a lot of subscribers as they took to Twitter to express their displeasure with many threating to delete the app from their phone.

Rihanna also called out Snapchat on one of her recent Instagram posts citing how the company let down women, children and men who have been victims of domestic violence. According to her ;
"You already know you ain't my fav app out there! You spent money to animate something that would intentionally bring shame to DV (domestic violence) victims and made a joke of it!!!...Shame on you."

Snapchat has however released an official statement which reads;
"We are so sorry we made the terrible mistake of allowing it through our review process. We are investigating how that happened so that we can make sure it never happens again."

Investors also took sides today as Snapchat parent SNAP saw its stock slide as much as 5% to hit a low of $16.91 before rebounding to close at $17.20, off 3.6% on the day.

http://www.yomitech.com/2018/03/snapchat-loses-many-users-after-controversial-ad.html
Re: Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by Jaculze(m): 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hmmmmm.... So funny how the whites make a big deal out of everything. Though its good sha, so that it would put us in check.

1 Like

Re: Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by FreshBoss007: 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
yeye dey smell
Re: Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by Reediano(m): 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
Jaculze:
Hmmmmm.... So funny how the whites make a big deal out of everything. Though its good sha, so that it would put us in check.

But seriously, I think they were too sensitive cheesy
Re: Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by MissIfunaya: 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
i stopped using snapchat myself but it was because of boys
Re: Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by Reediano(m): 4:57am On Mar 18, 2018
MissIfunaya:
i stopped using snapchat myself but it was because of boys

Wow.... Another loss for the app cheesy
Re: Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by fr3do(m): 6:09am On Mar 18, 2018
The app sef is kukuma too large and takes up too much RAM
Re: Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by Iscoalarcon: 6:16am On Mar 18, 2018
Reediano:

Wow.... Another loss for the app cheesy
a great one If you ask me grin grin grin
Re: Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by festwiz(m): 6:42am On Mar 18, 2018
Something trivial like this gets our white brothers worked up, but give Nigerians a clueless turd for president and watch them make excuses. I tire for Nigeria sha.

Re: Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by henrixx(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2018
Oyinbo sef their wahala plenty pass their problem

If this happen in Nigeria maybe like mocking Tonto dike or tiwa savage omor the app go trend
Re: Snapchat Loses More Users After The Company Recently Posted A "Slap Rihanna" Ad by Reediano(m): 10:22am On Mar 18, 2018
henrixx:
Oyinbo sef their wahala plenty pass their problem

If this happen in Nigeria maybe like mocking Tonto dike or tiwa savage omor the app go trend

But time cheesy

(1) (Reply)

HTC M9 For Sale In Port Harcourt / Redmi Note 7 For Sale / TECNO SPARK 5 In Mushin, Ilasamaja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.