Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,617 members, 7,911,611 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:07 PM

What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future? (857 Views)

Are You Looking For A Platform To Improve Your Tech And Digital Skills? / Age Of Aquarius: Astrological Predictions For A New Century. / 17 Tech Predictions For 2020 – And Beyond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
In connection with this thread on smartphones https://www.nairaland.com/4401393/what-think-next-big-trend, what are your predictions for tech on all aspects of life?

This is my list of predictions.

1. Transparent phones, wireless charging will be easily accessible to the guy living on a moderate pay.

2. Smartphones will become smarter due to the introduction of the internet of things. Imagine a situation where you come back home at night very tired but you're very hungry, you can easily tell you phone to make a dish for you!, not much, just something light wink.

3. At the slightest sign of danger, maybe smoke at home or a burglar trying to break in at night while you're asleep, your smartphone will be able to automatically dial 911 or any other help codes even without you knowing.

4. Smarter phones will be capable of using the hologram. Even when making phone calls, instead of having to pick your phone and type the number, you easily tell the phone to call "Isaac" and i on the other line/side will tell the phone to accept (can choose to reject), once there's a connection we'll actually see each other in full view, like we're there physically talking with each other, not hearing voices or in video form.

5. Smarter phones will also look into the health sector, they'll work as thermometers, dipsticks (you won't need to dip anything, just touch the phone and you're accessed immediately). Your phone will observe your body from time to time, check for any little changes and will warn you of an impending heart attack or some other problem. In case of emergencies like a seizure, snake bite etc. you can shout at your phone to tell you what to do! and it'll give you split second instructions on how to handle such cases. In short, your phone will be your family doctor!. Disclaimer: Don't automatically depend on your phone for everything!, real human doctors are needed!.

6. Smarter phones will have the voice and language translation technology in them. By this, i mean i can talk to an Italian or Chinese who doesn't know in English in English, this is where it gets interesting, my smarter phone will automatically translate whatever i'm saying to Italian or Chinese language (in my own voice!) to them, they will reply in their own language and it will translate it in English to me in their own voice (like as if they actually speak English!).

7. The hologram feature would not just be on calls alone, it'll expand to schools, students won't need to go to class anymore because the hologram feature would make it seem like everyone is in a class including the lecturer. Just make sure your room is tidy because it might be exposed at the slightest mistake. grin

8. With a smarter phone, browsing and downloading will be like drinking sachet water grin. Don't worry about your data though, the introduction of Fibre Optics will make data purchase cheaper and the companies will still make their profit in billions. It's like collecting N5 each from 180m people. Aren't Engineers wonderful? wink

9. That your Mom or Dad who doesn't know how to use phones like iPhone8 or Samsung S8 won't need your help to learn it because the phone will teach them.

10. Finally, Phones that can read your thoughts. This might not happen anytime soon (or in the next 60 years) but it will come to pass, it will certainly come to pass.

Welcome to the Future.

Cc Mynd44

Re: What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
1. 95% of the world's cars now run on renewable energy especially electricity.

2. 98% of the world population has access to the network, may it be a smartphone, a computer or whatever.

3. Modern Technology Giants like Google, Apple and Microsoft slowly begin to lose significant market share and small firms today slowly rise to power.

4. Scientists have now perfected human Gene manipulation, allowing human lifespan to multiply. Babies born have their DNA altered to give them healing abilities like Wolverine. Cancer is now easily treatable.

5. SpaceX and NASA, combined, have successfully sent humans to Mars after several years of robot scouting.

6. Intel, combined with NVidia have created groundbreaking technology, allowing supercomputers to be the size of shoeboxes.

7. Robots have replaced 92% of workers across all industries, causing massive unemployment. Countries have adopted population control measures to tackle future unemployment.

8. BRICS are now leading exporters and producers for goods of all major tertiary sectors

Source- Quora
Re: What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
1. Xiaomi is the number 1 technology company in the world. They own 40% of Smartphone market. 2 out of 3 Indians have purchased a Xiaomi handset at least once during their lifetime

2. Multiple Silicon Valleys have mushroomed across the Globe. India and Israel born expats leads the technology world.

3. Countries are trying to replicate Indian government’s initiative to collect health related data using their Smartphones. This huge database holds current pulse rate, blood pressure and blood glucose level which gets updated every minute. Doctors can see any user’s past medical record using Aadhaar Card, a unique identification number for each citizen.

4. Silicon Valley has the largest laptop museum of the world. Dell manufactured last set of laptops in 2035.

5. Inventory management systems have become very lean with use of artificial intelligence and IOT. USA is investing in “Global Conveyor Belt” project which aims to deliver products to various seaports using sea water by 2040. No manual intervention would be required after the implementation of this project.

6. Drones have been banned in European Union and USA due to terrorist attacks. A bill to ban drones have been put forward in Indian Parliament. Opposition is planning to halt this bill in Rajya Sabha. Drones are currently being used by Indian government to deliver medicines and food during flood.

7. Purchase of Smart homes have outpaced purchase of normal homes across the globe. “CookMeTonight” an app that gives instructions to “Smart Induction Cookers” to cook variety of cuisines is number 1 on Google Playstore.
Re: What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future? by lotusbeta: 10:09am On Mar 19, 2018
While I agree with a lot of your predictions, that IT giants losing relevance is far reaching. Nothing is dynamic, more so in the IT world where competition is very fierce. They will buy out the small firms and steal innovative ideas...OR their creators.
As for me, every time I think the future, I think 'Star Wars'. Floating automobiles, robots, cheaper accessible smarter phones...the list is endless. The ease of access, ban or no ban, to information, both visual, voice

You are already there. Let us take you further
Lotus Beta Analytics Nig Ltd., Lekki Lagos

Re: What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future? by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 19, 2018
All your predictions are based on smarter phones entirely. Have you read or heard about Wearable technology ? Visit my blog to read the history of wearables and realize that the future is here and now. Soon you can wear a jacket that can charge your phone. It's already available online. grin
Re: What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
lotusbeta:
While I agree with a lot of your predictions, that IT giants losing relevance is far reaching. Nothing is dynamic, more so in the IT world where competition is very fierce. They will buy out the small firms and steal innovative ideas...OR their creators.
As for me, every time I think the future, I think 'Star Wars'. Floating automobiles, robots, cheaper accessible smarter phones...the list is endless. The ease of access, ban or no ban, to information, both visual, voice

You are already there. Let us take you further
Lotus Beta Analytics Nig Ltd., Lekki Lagos

I think the IT giants can be overthrown, similar to what Microsoft did to IBM, Karma still exists wink. As for the floating cars, robots etc. Thank goodness the real life Iron Man (Elon Musk) has already embarked on that task.

Talk of stealing ideas, the fruit company is guilty of this angry.. I'm certain that Xiaomi would overthrow them anyway lipsrsealed
Re: What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
renewa29:
All your predictions are based on smarter phones entirely. Have you read or heard about Wearable technology ? Visit my blog to read the history of wearables and realize that the future is here and now. Soon you can wear a jacket that can charge your phone. It's already available online. grin

Don't get me wrong, the thread is a sequence to the previous one based on smartphones only, just that this one covers literally every area of tech a layman would understand smiley.

Wearable tech! that's awesome! cool
Re: What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
1. It'll be possible to live-stream space and other planets.

2. Self Driving cars will be available for the public.

3. Companies like Uber and Taxify would make the most of self driving cars and therefore multiply their profits to incredible heights.

4. AI will get really smart.

5. Humans and robots will cohabit like never before.

6. The 19th Century method of teaching students on the Black Board will come to an end, we will see tech better than current Smart classes(a lot better then them). Even schools at rural areas will be powered with smart Technology. Finally students will no longer have to lift that heavy school bag.

7. Recently in CES 2018 we saw a Bike which could automatically balance itself. This directly points that we will also see self driving Motor Bikes.

8. We will have special kinds of Drones/ ballons which will go to Dense forest areas for network Coverage.

9. New army weapons and battle tanks, fighter jets, etc will be unleashed.

10. There are some chances that we may see a smaller version of Iron Man suit(Awesome but not much advanced).

11. Most importantly we will see Graphene come into play. May be in smartphone batteries or Smartphone screens or in Armours, etc it has a lot of uses.

12. Machine Learning will be more advanced.

13. We will have better transport facilities.

14. Flying Cars or other flying vehicles will be a reality.

15. People will know more about tech rather then just simple hardware information. Programming languages will be common among students.

16. We already have products like e- sight which help blind people. But it will evolve and it availability will be increased.

Source - Quora.

(1) (Reply)

Simple Ways To Make Bucks: / Brand New Lenovo ,intel® Pentium®,4 Gig Ram,500 Gig Hdd,dvd Rw,wi-fi Wireless: / Emma Nyra, Victoria Kimani & Dorcas Shola Fapson At Banky W’s Musical Film Premi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.