Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

Real Reasons Tekno Rejected Model For Video Shoot – Director - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Real Reasons Tekno Rejected Model For Video Shoot – Director (804 Views)

Portable Looks Dapper In Suit During "Tony Montana" Video Shoot / Chidinma Ekile & Zoro Traditional Wedding During A Video Shoot / Chioma Rowland Cooks Crabs For Davido After His Video Shoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reasons Tekno Rejected Model For Video Shoot – Director by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
@TalkTalkTwins

[img]https://4.bp..com/-Jmg44tlqOSQ/Wq4YmsOT7JI/AAAAAAAAt8Q/qS0bIdYNzzo6jF8h-fktZ9PS4LOtZ6uwQCLcBGAs/s1600/tekno-and-model-lasgidionline.jpg[/img]

Popular Nigerian singer Tekno was called out some few weeks back by a video vixen who claimed that singer rejected her on the scene of a video shoot for one of his sing, just because she has a dark skin.

The director of the music video, Paul Gambit has however come to the defence of the singer. In an encounter with Sunday Scoop, Paul explained why the model was actually rejected by Tekno.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-QDRQ4EwrGI4/Wq4YpEpEI3I/AAAAAAAAt8Y/9I9Hgs-NOIURZSkTkRsrrOWCXC5RsukzQCLcBGAs/s320/DARK-MODEL.jpg[/img]

He said”

“They say customers are always right. I cast someone for a role but the executive producer said she didn’t fit in with what he wanted for the project. He said he would have preferred her in another project. Do you expect me to start arguing with my client? I am the director, not the client who will pay for the job. I understand how she felt and we tried to talk about it.”

Gambit maintained that the vixen wasn’t asked to leave the set and he did all he could do to pacify her.

“I think it was her first experience because video vixens get rejected regularly but they don’t call out the artistes involved. Tekno and I have kept quiet about it, but to be honest with you, it was never about the colour of her skin.

I was sad about the statement because I didn’t understand why she would go to that extent. As a man, don’t you have what you like in a girl? If you prefer slim ladies, does that mean fat ladies are bad? For almost four hours, we didn’t shoot because we were looking for someone who would fit what Tekno wanted,” he said.

On whether Tekno begged the model or tried to give her reasons for his action, Gambit said:

“If you are a top artiste like Tekno, would you apologise when the lady didn’t give you audience. It is easier for people to say Tekno did something wrong until you put yourself in his situation. When we sent her details to Tekno, he was not totally sure about using her.
He said he would conclude on the day of the shoot; so, it was not 100 per cent certain that she would play the lead role. She just wanted to make everyone feel that it was about her colour. The simple truth is that her beauty was not the type Tekno was looking for; it doesn’t mean he didn’t see any beauty in her. Tekno had his preference for the shoot. I am sure the girl cannot date all the guys that come her way. She will have her taste as well.”

Source: http://www.reporter247.org/2018/03/real-reasons-tekno-rejected-model-for.html
cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Seun
Re: Real Reasons Tekno Rejected Model For Video Shoot – Director by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2018

who are we to believe now
Re: Real Reasons Tekno Rejected Model For Video Shoot – Director by NwaAmaikpe: 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2018
shocked

I think it's the Nigerian inferiority complex factor.
Because it's a sin to be dark skinned; Tope Makinwa refused to be a sinner.
They love and worship light skinned folks.

I'm sure that's why B-Red remains Davido's favourite video vixen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons Tekno Rejected Model For Video Shoot – Director by Jerryojozy(m): 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
Chai! NwaAmaikpe won't kill me o. B-Red David's favorite video vixen. NwaAmaikpe I ur mata don de too much ooo. Wetin na?

Re: Real Reasons Tekno Rejected Model For Video Shoot – Director by LesbianBoy(m): 7:48pm On Mar 18, 2018
The model sef wowo grin grin grin
Re: Real Reasons Tekno Rejected Model For Video Shoot – Director by itspzpics(m): 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
Oga oo
Re: Real Reasons Tekno Rejected Model For Video Shoot – Director by DONADAMS(m): 7:04am On Mar 19, 2018
lmao grin
Re: Real Reasons Tekno Rejected Model For Video Shoot – Director by OKorowanta: 7:24am On Mar 19, 2018
So of all lies wey dis world,the girl no see anyone lie with?
She's not mad Mr director.
This is just a face saving epistle.
I love all colours whether brown,black,red,yellow,white or albino like Tekno.
Different colour, one people.

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dike Looks Beautiful In Latest Pictures / #bbnaija: “what I Would Have Done If I Won The N45m” – Rico Swavey / Kano Nwankwo Stunts At The Emirates Stadium Is Amazing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.