Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage (886 Views)

What's The Ideal Age For A Lady To Get Married? / (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. / What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by GeeString: 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
For me the perfect age for a man to settle down should be 31

A woman's perfect age is 27

At 31, a man has fulfilled whatever fantasies he harboured as a teen, he has worked for a few years enough to gather some savings for the future & he has enough experience & maturity to handle the headaches a woman may throw his way.

At 27, a lady has plenty of experience & has attained the strength it takes to pick herself up & keep going. She is done hopping around & is now more emotionally mature. She is also still attractive at this age and can boast of independence in decision-making.

NB: My opinion was formed based on the average Nigerian environment taking into consideration, exposure, time taken to acquire a degree, employment/business opportunities, external pressure, societal norms etc.
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by Adamummya(f): 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
27 ? for a lady ?
remember most women age faster than men because of childbirth, stress, nature.........
i think 23-24 is okay sha

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by GeeString: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
Adamummya:
27 ? for a lady ?
remember most women age faster than men because of childbirth, stress, nature.........

Hmmm

I dont agree with 23/24.

At that age, most Nigerian girls are still forming "posh", "olori" & "slay queen" on social media.

There are variations but on the average, I feel a 23 year old girl is not mature enough 2 manage a home.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by Adamummya(f): 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2018
GeeString:

Hmmm

I dont agree with 23/24.

At that age, most Nigerian girls are still forming "posh", "olori" & "slay queen" on social media.

There are variations but on the average, I feel a 23 year old girl is not mature enough 2 manage a home.

who told you ?
my twin sis got married at 19 , and she has stayed happily married since then
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by DaddyKross: 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
27 for ladies
31 for guys...

Legit

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by GeeString: 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
Adamummya:

who told you ?
my twin sis got married at 19 , and she has stayed happily married since then

Oooooo

You see? This is what I wanted to avoid. grin

You are using one case to judge for millions. I'm not saying its impossible for even an 18 year old but im saying on average.

There are also women of 29 who are still jumping from one man to another & men of 35 who still fool around like kids you know?

I'm looking at an average figure.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by juwonloo(m): 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
,�������

perfect age for woman is from 21 to ³0, is easy for a lady to know a man that is capable of getting married

perfect for man wenever he is done of being a boy, and he wish to upgrade from boy to man, capable of taking responsibility,. has everything a responsible man can do.

Oh God have mercy on me.
I will be 28years tomorrow. still I haven't do anything on my self, still at momma's � house.

am trying hard to be useful to my self,

oH Lord put an end to my suffering ����
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by Adamummya(f): 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
GeeString:

Oooooo

You see? This is what I wanted to avoid. grin

You are using one incident to judge for millions. I'm not saying its impossible for even an 18 year old but im saying on average.

There are also women of 29 who are still jumping from one man to another & men of 35 who still fool around like kids you know?

I'm looking at an average figure.

brother ......i am saying that 27 is too old for a lady
not when she starts giving birth and probably, doesn't watch her weight , she starts looking like a bag stuffed with Eba then the husband will see a reason to cheat
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by donstan18: 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
Any age is cool for a woman to get married, long as she's a virgin cheesy

A virgin of 30 is better then a bore hole of 20

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by GeeString: 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
juwonloo:
,�������

perfect age for woman is from 21 to ³0, is easy for a lady to know a man that is capable of getting married

perfect for man wenever he is done of being a boy, and he wish to upgrade from boy to man, capable of taking responsibility,. has everything a responsible man can do.

Oh God have mercy on me.
I will be 28years tomorrow. still I haven't do anything on my self, still at momma's � house.

is trying hard to be useful to my self,

iH Lord put an end to my suffering ����

Hmmm

28 unmarried no bad 4 man but being in Momma's crib at that age is a bad thing o.

Which year you wan come break away from dependence? I advise you leave ASAP even if na 2 go squat with boys & pay month end visits.

I got d hell outta my Dad's house at 23 immediately I got my first job. Took me 3 months 2 buy TV sef. grin Jus laptop & deck @ 1st.

I have never regretted that decision.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by GeeString: 9:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
Adamummya:

not when she starts giving birth and probably, doesn't watch her weight , she starts looking like a bag stuffed with Eba then the husband will see a reason to cheat

Na lie.

27 aint old jor. 26, 27 sounds ideal to me.

This is 2018, women take care of themselves better now.
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by highqueen(f): 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
Adamummya:

lool,too old you saygrin
what if one doesn't see her ideal guy before then?she should just jump on any dick that comes knocking

chai!

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by fancy4eve(f): 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2018
Age is just a number, maturity matters
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by Flowers95: 9:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
Adamummya:
27 ? for a lady ?
27 is not too old my dear. 23 is too young, especially in this generation. I got married at 26 about to be 27 and I was emotionally and mentally prepared at that point. At 23 you’re still getting through life and understanding yourself. Your sister is the exception, but for the general public 27 + is more advisable. The pros outweigh the cons.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by GeeString: 10:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
donstan18:
Any age is cool for a woman to get married, long as she's a virgin cheesy

A virgin of 30 is better then a bore hole of 20

Where you wan see virgin?
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by donstan18: 10:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
GeeString:

Where you wan see virgin?
Lol, on this section cheesy
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by GeeString: 10:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
donstan18:

Lol, on this section cheesy

Even religion section you no go see
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by donstan18: 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2018
GeeString:

Even religion section you no go see
Lol, grin
We'v got a lot of them.
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2018
Whenever u get matured enough is d ideal age.
Re: Opinion: The Ideal Age For Marriage by 2buffagain(m): 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
I like the 27 number for a woman.
I generally don't take any girl under 24 seriously relationship-wise as they just are not yet there mentally.

A woman with a good body at 27 is a good indicator that she has established some good habits that will speak for her in her later years, as opposed to a 21 year old whose body has not shown any proof of discipline or a lack thereof.

As to a guy, I really don't know. All I know is you better be 30+ before you marry.
You really need to Spread your wild oats to get some perspective as a man.
Late 20s to mid 30s are some of the best years for a man. You want to enjoy those without disturbance...

(1) (Reply)

They Say Women Are Dangerous I Disagree With That / Police Officer Collecting Bribe, What Country Are We In / FULL VIDEO: Singapore Abymonsta Abbey Tan Sex Tape Leaked!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.