Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,396 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:29 PM

Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths (1529 Views)

Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff / ‘stop Making Mockery Of Governance’ PDP Tells APC / Remembering Kudirat Abiola, 19 Years After Her Assassination (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by hollandis(f): 10:07am On May 03, 2010
This is to you seun,kosovo and Aisha 2.You have decided to celebrate the candidacy of IBB.You ask me how?
Have you not done it by making IBB's death a weekly feature in your front page? I hate to believe that you are a youth .Why cant duke,utomi et al adorn your fron page

Look at Kudirat Abiola
She was the second wife of MKO Abiola. She was assassinated on June 4, 1996.
When MKO Abiola was imprisoned in 1994, she launched a campaign for democracy and human rights.
held pro-democracy rallies
defied the military decree banning political associations
presented victims of military repression to international fact-finding missions. Gave multiple interviews nationally and internationally.
continued to call for her husband's release, though her and her family were under constant harassment by the government (by the way, her husband never saw her or his other family until he died later in 1998)
By staying persistent and courageous, inspired many people, especially women.
Won "Woman of the Year" award in both 1994 and 1995.
I'm not sure about this, but I believe there is a radio station called "Radio Kudirat". So far, I have not been able to get to this link which would have information on it, I think.

[size=18pt]THIS IS WHAT IBB DID TO HER[/size]
killed her
harrassed her
made her children orphans
killed her husband
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by princekevo(m): 10:14am On May 03, 2010
Topic Locked.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by Nobody: 11:24am On May 03, 2010
I shd do this before kosovo decides to lock d thread.

Whatever u do, don't IBB
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by TewMuch: 5:13pm On May 03, 2010
why should the topic be locked?
I agree with you Hollandis. The Abiola's have sacrificed a lot for Nigeria. What most people will never do, and idiots have the nerve to curse their family and say a lot of nonsense. IBB and Abacha made their children orphans all for greed, while their own families remained intact. The Abiola's are a great and well respected family. They should be remembered for their sacrifice. God bless them. cool
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by mekusxxx: 5:46pm On May 03, 2010
^^^^
And the Abiolas have stolen a lot from Nigeria. If in doubt, can you explain how the family suddenly became poor (relatively speaking) as soon as their ole father passed and business became not as usual?
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by yemmight(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^
And the Abiolas have stolen a lot from Nigeria. If in doubt, can you explain how the family suddenly became poor (relatively speaking) as soon as their ole father passed and business became not as usual?

Who told you? Do u know how many children he's got? Do u know how many years court stopped the sharings in the will. And for your info Kola has remained strong since coz h'es been CEO's in some coys.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by TewMuch: 6:05pm On May 03, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^

You come to conclusions a lot on things you do not know about. If you think they stole please present your facts. Abiola was an industrialist and a very hardworking business man that made his money the hard way. You have got to admire that, no matter how you try to spoil his name you will never succeed. We have to be truthful in things we say despite our differences. At least if you are going to bash someone, come up with something that is based on truth, not just your regular stereotype and hasty conclusion. I am sure you know nothing of the Abiola dynasty. Read up on it, and come back with very strong points.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by Latty88(f): 6:06pm On May 03, 2010
^^^Why ll u call Abiola a thief wen he neva made his money thru political means. MKO was a real business man ok.His family became poor as a result of debts he owed banks wh was recovered afta his death.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by Police001: 6:16pm On May 03, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^

Did you just say poor?

I can bet Kola Abiola can still afford to buy you even if you are overvalued!
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by CyberG: 7:44pm On May 03, 2010
It is a pity that Nigerians have a very short memory indeed. What turmoil and trouble in Nigeria because of the 1993 elections? Unfortunately, the evil man at the center of the drama has now bought the soul of many people in Nigeria all for a few kolanuts? Anyways, this thread will be locked soon.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by Kay17: 8:09pm On May 03, 2010
Abiola had a clash with fela. Fela had always felt Abiola was a military loyalist. nevertheless, abiola's hands were not clean either. just a fckin demagogue.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by TewMuch: 8:37pm On May 03, 2010
mekusxxx:

All MKO Yoruba brothers on the forum

Have you heard of ITT? I know you have not, ignoramuses. Fela and the military know better that MKO is a thief. Even his son Deji was recently arrested for bank indebtendness. They have nothing to offer as all the stolen billions are finished.

You are relying on Fela's song to conclude? Am sure you have gone to google and have not been able to pull up anything. In your own words you are using another "Yoruba" brother's words against the other, and that is your source of information. He was a business man, and made his money that way. Obviously every business man incurs debts, am sure you know this. Their estates also pay their debts upon their demise. All what you are saying cannot spoil his reputation as a legend and upright man. Even his wives bravely fought for democracy and your Igbo brother's voted for him immensely. That should tell you something.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by mekusxxx: 8:45pm On May 03, 2010
^^^^^
MKO was just a benign thief (if you know what that means). Most people voted for him mostly likely out of some exuberance. Now his matter should rest in peace, the Yoruba having been compensated for June 12 with Obj. I do not care about IBB really, but MKO should be remembered for what he was: a benign thief and one who would have mortgaged Nigeria were he not stopped on his tracks
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by bkbabe97: 8:49pm On May 03, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^^
MKO was just a benign thief (if you know what that means). Most people voted for him mostly likely out of some exuberance. Now his matter should rest in peace, the Yoruba having been compensated for June 12 with Obj. I do not care about IBB really, but MKO should be remembered for what he was: a benign thief and one who would have mortgaged Nigeria were he not stopped on his tracks

For a self proclaimed professor ur english sure sucks slimy, smelly balls. What the hell is "Mostly Likely"?
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by TewMuch: 8:50pm On May 03, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^^

Compensated by who? June 12 can never be compensated. Whatever you will love to say about MKO is your business. But the proof is in the pudding and is very unchangeable. You cannot even explain why your Igbo brother's voted for him. I doubt if you were even alive in 1993, because you dont seem to know what you are talking about. MKO is a legend and will forever be. Am sorry, but there is nothing you can do about it. His wife Kudirat was a true Yoruba woman, who fought bravely so that even you could have rights. No matter what you say the Abiola family are  highly respected for their sacrifice. If you call MKO a thief, i wonder what Ojukwu is
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by mekusxxx: 8:52pm On May 03, 2010
bk/babe97:
Hahahahah! I am sure you know a typo when you see one. Here on NL we know who are the masters of the language and I definitely, am at the highest rung of the ladder, while you and most of your brothers are at the lowest. Now take that to the bank, you black thrash.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by violent(m): 8:55pm On May 03, 2010
mekusxxx:

bk/babe97:
Hahahahah! I am sure you know a typo when you see one. Here on NL we know who are the masters of the language and I definitely, am at the highest rung of the ladder, while you and most of your brothers are at the lowest. Now take that to the bank, you black thrash.

Mostly Likely , it has to be a typo! cool
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by SuperT(m): 9:06pm On May 03, 2010
Quote from: mekusxxx on Today at 08:32:19 PM
All MKO Yoruba brothers on the forum

Have you heard of ITT? I know you have not, ignoramuses. Fela and the military know better that MKO is a thief. Even his son Deji was recently arrested for bank indebtendness. They have nothing to offer as all the stolen billions are finished.

May be you don't know MKO was a Leader that we all love and voted for. A leader after our hearts.A leader we voted for in spite of all his faults and weaknesses.A man we voted for without allowing our religious difference to blind us.But the enemies of Nigeria frustrated our choice. We leave the rest for God to judge.
"All what you are saying cannot spoil his reputation as a legend and upright man"
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by EzeUche(m): 9:09pm On May 03, 2010
Why should we Igbo care?

The election was annulled and with all the Yoruba threats, they did nothing. Quite pathetic if you ask me. All that hot air and this led to Abacha's regime in which he killed more Yoruba politicians.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by violent(m): 9:14pm On May 03, 2010
angry angry angry
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by EzeUche(m): 9:24pm On May 03, 2010
violent:

[size=15pt]I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE BRING THEIR F.UCKING TRIBE INTO EVERY DISCUSSION.[/size]

It's just a plaint dimwit that does that!

Oh shut up and cry some more. IBB is coming back and there is nothing you can do about it. Since MY PEOPLE is far from any vestige of power, we could care less who wins!!!

Do you hear me angry
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by violent(m): 9:29pm On May 03, 2010
EzeUche:

Oh shut up and cry some more. IBB is coming back and there is nothing you can do about it. Since MY PEOPLE is far from any vestige of power, we could care less who wins!!!

Do you hear me angry

You are such a slowpoke!

You'd still continue to care less if someone is sh'itting on you, as long as he is one of "your people", or a friend of "your people".

i'd bet you have a large empty space in place of a brain.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by EzeUche(m): 9:32pm On May 03, 2010
violent:

You are such a slowpoke!

You'd still continue to care less if someone is sh'itting on you, as long as he is one of "your people", or a friend of "your people".

i'd bet you have a large empty space in place of a brain.

Whatever makes you Yoruba angry. IBB and Ojukwu, two words that cause the Yoruba pain. It just makes me feel warm inside to know that your people hate this man so much.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by WilyWily5: 9:48pm On May 03, 2010
Thief ABIOLA will never rest in peace.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by CyberG: 9:53pm On May 03, 2010
Looking at the WAR going on among you Nigerians, Nigeria cannot make any progress! It doesn't matter who becomes President, either a saint or a demon! Why?

Tribal, ethnic and religious considerations are the only yardsticks people use in making political arguments! But the worst of them all? Jealousy and Envy! I see Ibo people always attacking Abiola, June 12 and calling this man and his family every bad name they can find! Yet, they will idolize Ojukwu and attack anyone who critisizes him. The Yoruba people do the reverse, idolizing Awolowo, Abiola, etc and attacking Ojukwu, etc. How will this change your PERSONAL LIFE and that of your family? How would this be for the COMMON GOOD of all? Well, it shows that supposedly educated people could be worse than illiterates even when they have to make simple choices.

The Ibo are upset that they are not and have not come close to getting political power at the top of the country (which is really unfair) but rather than challenging such system with a good and fair fight, they will rather support IBB so that NO ONE ELSE from Nigeria will attain power, why? Does it mean that out of the over 150 Million Nigerians, it is ONLY this man that has the ability and brains to be president? He has had 8 years of untold evil unleashed unto Nigeria, perhaps only a little less than Idi Amin Dada when things were relatively easy in Nigeria and Africa and NOW that things are much more complicated, what good can he do? Why will Nigerians cut off their nose to spite their face? Why, I ask again? I will presume a lot of Nlanders are educated and enlightened but there's no proof of such if this is level you all operate. It follows that if NL, which is quite a microcosm of Nigeria, is like this, your guess is as good as mine: Nigeria cannot make any progress if the common denominator for advancement of a people is so lacking among us.

You are invited to think with your brains and judge with your mind before you support another Obasanjo and Yaradua failure only this time it will be worse. A word is enough for the wise but how many 'wise' people are in Nigeria today?

Well, I read this thread again, so to: EzeUche, Wily+Wily, bk/babe97, mekusxxx, Metal-gong (from another thread): How does making the future of you, your family and country about someone who has done his own bit and was killed (Abiola and his wife) and old men who will soon join him in the grave (IBB and Ojukwu (from another thread)) the most important yardsticks for determining the leadership of this country? So, will you rather cut of your nose to spite your face??
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by SuperT(m): 10:39pm On May 03, 2010
@EzeUche,
Why should we Igbo care?

The election was annulled and with all the Yoruba threats, they did nothing. Quite pathetic if you ask me. All that hot air and this led to Abacha's regime in which he killed more Yoruba politicians.

But we all voted for this man, What Igbo did to defend there vote. It not only Yoruba that they slapped its all Nigeria. Igbo need to be ashamed for that also.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by WilyWily5: 11:38pm On May 03, 2010
M.K.O Abiola was a Super Thief, he will never rest in peace for Stealing.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by violent(m): 12:10am On May 04, 2010
Wily+Wily:

M.K.O Abiola was a Super Thief, he will never rest in peace for Stealing.

for stealing what?
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by SuperT(m): 4:48am On May 04, 2010
That is the quetion for him to answer.
Re: Remember Kudirat Abiola ,mko Abiola ,stop Making Mockery Of Their Deaths by Police001: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2010
hmnn

(1) (Reply)

Why Will Prof. Dora Akunyilu Publicly Speak Such English? / The Story Of Nigeria's Conspiracy (pix) / Court Declares Osita Izunaso Winner Of Pdp Orlu(imo West) Senatorial District

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.