Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,876 members, 7,889,919 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:05 AM

How To Help People (4). - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Help People (4). (529 Views)

How To Deal With Difficult People (4) / Restoring Damaged People (4) / How To Help People (2). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Help People (4). by Btruth: 6:55am On Mar 21, 2018
How To Help People (4)

Wednesday, 21 March 2018

'Who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms.' Acts 3:3 NKJV

Peter and John were willing to let the lame man at the temple gate interrupt their plans, and maybe make them late for ‘the hour of prayer’—which raises an important point. Is it possible to be so busy with religious activities that you don’t take time for people who are hurting? Selfishness is one of the easiest sins to commit, because when you’re busy, you’re unaware of committing it. Paul describes Jesus as ‘the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.’ (Galatians 2:20 NKJV) It seems counterintuitive, but Jesus taught that we’re more blessed when we give than when we receive. Giving fuels us; withholding drains us. Giving requires energy, and that’s not always easy, especially in stressful situations.

Motivational speaker Trudy Metzger, who had an abusive childhood, became a giver in adulthood. However, she still finds it difficult to maintain the mind-set of a giver when dealing with some of the people from her past. She admits to becoming defensive and trying to control the situation if she feels vulnerable. And when that happens, she goes from being a giver to being a taker. She writes: ‘While giving requires energy, I have to say that the situations where I become a taker leave me completely drained and “dead” inside. To be a giver brings life—like watering a plant so that it grows—but to be a taker is like sucking the water and the nutrients from the soil, leaving both the plant and the soil depleted and useless.’ Being a giver is a win-win. It helps others, plus it energises and fills you with joy.
Re: How To Help People (4). by Mult1tude01: 7:09am On Mar 21, 2018
Btruth:
How To Help People (4)

Wednesday, 21 March 2018

'Who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms.' Acts 3:3 NKJV

Peter and John were willing to let the lame man at the temple gate interrupt their plans, and maybe make them late for ‘the hour of prayer’—which raises an important point. Is it possible to be so busy with religious activities that you don’t take time for people who are hurting? Selfishness is one of the easiest sins to commit, because when you’re busy, you’re unaware of committing it. Paul describes Jesus as ‘the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.’ (Galatians 2:20 NKJV) It seems counterintuitive, but Jesus taught that we’re more blessed when we give than when we receive. Giving fuels us; withholding drains us. Giving requires energy, and that’s not always easy, especially in stressful situations.

Motivational speaker Trudy Metzger, who had an abusive childhood, became a giver in adulthood. However, she still finds it difficult to maintain the mind-set of a giver when dealing with some of the people from her past. She admits to becoming defensive and trying to control the situation if she feels vulnerable. And when that happens, she goes from being a giver to being a taker. She writes: ‘While giving requires energy, I have to say that the situations where I become a taker leave me completely drained and “dead” inside. To be a giver brings life—like watering a plant so that it grows—but to be a taker is like sucking the water and the nutrients from the soil, leaving both the plant and the soil depleted and useless.’ Being a giver is a win-win. It helps others, plus it energises and fills you with joy.

Good morning sir, am happy with ur post, it's been. 4 days now I've been seeking for help on this platform, to raise money for my school fee in which it closes in two days Friday, am a final year student, pls am seriously devastated.
Pls help me sir. The tuition fee is 80.300 and I only have 30k with me
I can provide you my school portal login details in case u wishes to confirm this.
Re: How To Help People (4). by castro316: 8:24am On Mar 21, 2018
Mult1tude01:

Good morning sir, am happy with ur post, it's been. 4 days now I've been seeking for help on this platform, to raise money for my school fee in which it closes in two days Friday, am a final year student, pls am seriously devastated.
I can provide you my school portal login details in case u wishes to confirm this.

Good one is that it? Ok I will give. You my tithe for this month in fulfillment of deut:14:22 - 29. Its not much but. That will be end of the month hope it will go somewhere.
Re: How To Help People (4). by castro316: 8:26am On Mar 21, 2018
Which school and course are you studying?
Re: How To Help People (4). by Mult1tude01: 8:27am On Mar 21, 2018
castro316:

Good one is that it? Ok I will give. You my tithe for this month in fulfillment of deut:14:22 - 29. Its not much but. That will be end of the month hope it will go somewhere.
Any amount is an advantage for me sir
Re: How To Help People (4). by Mult1tude01: 8:28am On Mar 21, 2018
castro316:
Which school and course are you studying?
Mapoly and am studying estate management
Re: How To Help People (4). by castro316: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2018
Mult1tude01:

Mapoly and am studying estate management
Moshood abiola poly? Where is it again?
Re: How To Help People (4). by Mult1tude01: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2018
castro316:

Moshood abiola poly? Where is it again?
Ogun state in Abeokuta
Re: How To Help People (4). by Btruth: 7:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
Mult1tude01:

Oh! I would have love to help, but at the moment, I'm trusting the Lord too for now. But, who knows? Moment anything come up, I will send a message across to you. Let's trust the Lord together to make things happens IJN.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Get Your PVC / Npower Permantcy / Responding With Grace.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.