Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,405 members, 7,901,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:02 AM

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Return Of Dapchi Girls - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Return Of Dapchi Girls (35597 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore's New Bail Conditions / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Return Of Dapchi Girls by jaytee01(m): 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
Nairalanddist:
Why are igbos hell bent on destabilising this administration of president Buhari with constant threats and hate speeches? From Nnamdi kanu's madness to this bitter woman who is pained by lack of appointments. Truly the igbos are their own enemies
Even though I am not igbo, I feel constrained to ask why Stu..pidity has refused to depart from you
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Return Of Dapchi Girls by Engrghidazuka: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
Nairalanddist:
Why are igbos hell bent on destabilising this administration of president Buhari with constant threats and hate speeches? From Nnamdi kanu's madness to this bitter woman who is pained by lack of appointments. Truly the igbos are their own enemies

I spot one of them.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Return Of Dapchi Girls by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 21, 2018
eTECTIVe:
Dis drama is becoming really embarrassing... So Boko Haram drove to town in a region with enof military presence to invade a country, packed over a hundred gals and left undetected. And den came back and dropped some of d gals still undetected and d govt calls it an unconditional release?

Think more than one step at a time. You never break a term once you negotiate...for any reason whatsoever. It is that simple. If you do that, you will lose all hope of future negotiations, some of which could be more critical than this one. If the government had agreed to give them safe passage, there was no option other than to do so. Attacking them would have endangered these girls if they were still within reach of the terrorists, and would have provoked retaliation against other soft targets at a later date by the still free accomplises of the handful of underlings that would have been arrested. It would have also destroyed all the FG's credibility, and for almost no benefit whatsoever.

Personally, I am mostly against negotiating with terrorists. I can hold this view concerning non-negotiation only because my daughter was not one of those kidnapped. Who knows, I might be at the forefront of those howling for negotiation if my daughter had been among them. It is easy to make armchair criticisms without knowing all the facts, so I prefer to keep an open mind. For now, I am glad that the girls are reunited with their parents. I believe that every considerate reasonable person should be.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Return Of Dapchi Girls by LaudableXX: 11:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
enonche85:
Oga, this is just a well scripted movie sponsored by the FG and Nigerian Army!...how on earth can one explain the strange and sudden withdrawal of the security operatives ives stationed at that location shortly b4 the "kidnap" took place?.

This is just a move by the APC govt to score cheap political points!

What baffles me is that the BH terrorists returned the girls in broad daylight and none of those terrorists were arrested, after dropping off the girls. shocked Were soldiers of the Nigerian Army in shock, that they were powerless to do anything, or had they been abducted as well? Because last time I checked, kidnapping was still a serious offence, in this country.

The Criminal Code Act, CAP C38, LFN 2004, provides a penalty for kidnapping. The law provides in Section 364 that –
“Any person who –
1. Unlawfully imprisons any person, and takes him out of Nigeria without his consent; or
2. Unlawfully imprisons any person within Nigeria in such a manner as to prevent him from applying to a court for his release or from discovering to any other person the place where he is imprisoned, or in such a manner as to prevent any person entitled to have access to him from discovering the place where he is imprisoned,
Is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for ten years.http://www.legalnaija.com/2016/04/penalty-for-kidnapping.html
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Return Of Dapchi Girls by monlawal(m): 10:35am On Mar 22, 2018
Back channel agreement. Whatever that is, I am happy the girls came back that is all that matters to me
eTECTIVe:

Den how is dat an unconditional release?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim / Nnamdi Kanu's Mother In Court As Her Son's Trial Resumes Today. Photos / APC NEC Ratifies Edo Governorship Primaries Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.