Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,639 members, 7,965,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 02:34 PM

Show Your Best Epl Team Of This Season - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Show Your Best Epl Team Of This Season (855 Views)

Rooney's Goal Voted Best EPL Goal / Man City Dominate Epl Team Of The Year / Epl Team Of The Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show Your Best Epl Team Of This Season by Survivor9: 5:43pm On May 03, 2010
Pierce Morgan's Best team of the season. Let's see yours.

GOALKEEPER Shay Given (Manchester City). The most consistent keeper since David Seaman scrapped it out with Peter Schmeichel. Strong in the air, fearless on the ground, a brilliant shotstopper and imperiously commanding in his box.

RIGHT-BACK Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea). I didn't know much about this guy but became quickly aware of him when I saw Arsenal play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. He's a bloody monster! A vast, hulking, yet quick and mobile defender who didn't let our forwards get a sniff all afternoon.

CENTRE-BACK Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal). Living proof that when Arsene Wenger forces himself to get out his moth-eaten chequebook, it usually works. The £10 million Belgian has been brilliant - ferociously strong, a very intelligent reader of play and he scores more goals than most of our forwards.

CENTRE-BACK Michael Dawson (Spurs). One of Harry Redknapp's young British star factory and, perhaps, the best of the lot. Remarkably mature for his age, a fabulous ball-player and a real leader at the back. Got a touch of Tony Adams meets Rio Ferdinand about him.

LEFT-BACK Patrice Evra (Manchester United). Fast, skilful, smart and extremely dangerous going forward. Ashley Cole might edge him but anyone who cheats on Cheryl Cole is too dumb even to be considered for this list.

RIGHT-MIDFIELD James Milner (Aston Villa). Has been Villa's most crucial player this season and Fabio Capello should take him to South Africa

CENTRE-MIDFIELD Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal). On his day, the best midfielder in the country. And he had a lot of good days this campaign, displaying great technique, vision, goal-scoring ability and inspirational captaincy. With him in the side, Arsenal always looked way better than the squad actually is. Without him, the fragility was obvious.

CENTRE-MIDFIELD Frank Lampard (Chelsea). Sluggish start but since Christmas he's been sensational. (Ironically, in fact, since the time when I introduced him to the delightful One Show host Christine Bleakley. What the hell was I thinking?) Strong in the tackle, relentless in his driving runs and with a fantastic nose for goal, he's England's undisputed midfield general now.

LEFT-MIDFIELD Gareth Bale (Spurs). Surely the most improved player in the Premier League. He's got a confident swagger that suggests a really top-drawer player in the making.

STRIKER Wayne Rooney (Manchester United). An uncomplicated, route one, goaldevouring, defender-humiliating, phenomenon. And he's getting better every year. Will eclipse all British striking records eventually, of that I am certain. And a good bloke, too.

STRIKER Didier Drogba (Chelsea). The best centre-forward in the world, in my unusually humble opinion. Every time he gets the ball, opposition defenders panic. He's so powerful, so alert and so utterly clinical in his finishing. I hate Arsenal coming up against him because he can ruin the whole game in two flashes of the eye, as he did at the Bridge earlier this year.

MANAGER Roy Hodgson (Fulham). Nobody else even gets a look in for me. The Moses of West London.
Re: Show Your Best Epl Team Of This Season by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 03, 2010
Given

Ivanovic Vermaleen Dawson A.Cole

Millner Fab4 Fletcher Malouda

Defoe Drogba

Manager: Carlo Ancelotti
Re: Show Your Best Epl Team Of This Season by dayokanu(m): 7:47pm On May 03, 2010
Bluediva. This beef too much o

Even as I hate Manure reach I wont deny Rooney has to be in any team. Even injured Ashley COle made it
Re: Show Your Best Epl Team Of This Season by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 03, 2010
LOL, Rooney is on my bench.  tongue

Ashley was out for just 2 months.
He was extra fantastic before then.

I was just modifying the Pierce Morgan list.

My Bench:

Cech
Evra
Terry
Bale
Lampard
Tevez
Rooney

(1) (Reply)

Chaos At The Emirates / Good News For Arsenal, Cabaye's Bid Accepted / Describe Suarez In One Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.