Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,017 members, 7,933,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:56 AM

Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us (1725 Views)

JAMB To Extend Closing Date For The Purchase Of 2016-2017 UTME Form / JAMB To Determine Admissions Cut-off Marks On July 14 / JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us by Fant(m): 9:27pm On May 03, 2010
Following the recent UTME, which took place on April 17 2010, many students has never stopped trooping into various JAMB offices across the length and breadth of this country. This is obviously because of the inability of JAMB to conduct a credible examination. Many students have since the release of the results complained of one problem or the other. I therefore feel that this problem is a serious type because the moment you are affected, it may mean staying additional one year at home. The most painful thing is that most candidates of this year's JAMB have written this exam before. Let us not deceive ourselves with the lie that JAMB's mistakes were not deliberate. The error was actually deliberate as this is a wicked formula to reduce the number of students who will be gaining admission into tertiary institutions this year. However, i believe that the battle line is not yet drawn for students to protest. I therefore believe that if students can rise up to the occasion by way of making a protestation with one strong speaking voice, then i am sure that JAMB must be forced to have a change of heart and do the right thing. So, i wish to enjoin all Nigerian students who know their right to fight for it.
Re: Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 03, 2010
GUY na true talk wey u say jamb is lookin 4 hw to reduce the number of candidates hustling to enter into school!! this year so there tryin to minimize pple!!! no be untop my head they go dat one because house don tire me if na dere pikin dey go gree GOD SHALL DEAL WITH THEM ONE BY ONE.because this thin e no fair atall u cant deceive nigerians that easily THEY MUST RELEASE ALL RESULT THIS IS CORRUPTION IN THE FULLEST ORDER!!! me i no fit na to do powerful protest dis tin no fair atall see life ehh pple wey neva enta skul since yrs 'OMO NO TIME' U MUST NOT DULL.
Re: Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us by CaptCavey(m): 12:44am On May 04, 2010
In as much as i'll like to agree with u guys to some certain degree that the just concluded utme exam was lousily conducted by jamb,maybe cus of the flux of candidates,but we must also blame candidates who fail to comply with common intructions,maybe because they're ready to cheat their way to getting admission this year. Many candidates deliberately ignore the fact that each paper type differs from the other,and you will agree with me that each subject's question start with asking candidates to comfirm their paper type by shading it in the answer sheet ,which must tally with the type written in the question paper each were given,and this is where most candidates got it wrong,cus most people believed the instruction doesn't count, and they just put down those answers sent to them via text messages without verifying the paper type.  Some were given paper type A,but comfirmed in their answer sheet they were given paper type D,cus they could only lay their hands on the answers to type D ,so they helped themselves cus they're desperate.  If you should find out that you scored 0 in one, or two of your offered subjects,this is probably because they figured out you ignored,and attempted the paper type not given to you . If jamb examinations should be a success,it is left to the officials of jamb,and also candidates writing the exam to make it happen. let's stop unworthy candidates from taken the glory all the time,while studious once are mostly left to struggle for success. . .and that's why post utme is the only way to make that happen for now. It is imminent this year! Pls start burning candles now!
Re: Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us by Fant(m): 10:08am On May 04, 2010
@capt, cavey, you are right, in most cases it is the fault of the candidates. But i have seen a case where the candidate shaded his paper type yet his result was with-held. When he went to JAMB office, he was told to re-check on monday. When he then checked on monday again, the result was released but mathematics was not seen rather they just indicated 0 there. In other cases, some candidates checked their results and all they could see is 'Record does not exist.' Now, whose fault is that, is it still the candidate's? Also, even if some candidates fails to shade in their paper type, JAMB already knows the paper type they allocated to every registration number, why did'nt they use that?. Or why did'nt they just use any paper type format to mark the sheets of those who did'nt shade their paper type instead of giving them zero on that subject.
Re: Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us by isaac2010: 11:04am On May 04, 2010
Pls help me oh!my result is still tagged:You have no result yet.Pls try again in a week's time.Pls nairalanders what should i do cos i did my subject in accordance with d type given to me and it's almost a week now and am yet to see my result.Pls do anyone have similar problem like this?
Re: Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 05, 2010
thanks 4 that fant my own wahala is that the shading of your subject combination!!! JAMB says there was meant to be shading your subject that your offering but when i had my answer sheet there was nothing like dat there was no shading of subject jst write the subject u have down and shade your paper type!!! nw is it because candidates forgot to shade subject paper that their result wont come out its very bad,afterall this is not my first year of doing jamb so why should i not know what am doing ehh they were so quick to bring out my result when i failed but very sluggish in bringing it out this yr JAMB 'I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DO BUT THE ONE I SERVE WILL MAKE IT COME TO EACH OF YOUR CHILDREN' WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND THATS LIFE FOR YOU!!!!  angry angry angry
Re: Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us by Marhoski(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2010
@intsawga, relax ur blood is just too hot, from my understanding it was a simple and fiven instuction which we nigerians should be calm and do every possible instruction. in my case i took time to look at the intructions b4 i shaded paper type, shaded subjects e.t.c. u guys dont have to kill urself as it may be ur fault, but i will give u d only secret, be close to the lord now like never before and present ur case to him. i hope u will all come out above 200 like me to enable u sit for d pume. thanks.
Re: Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 05, 2010
@mahorski!!! have bin praying but it seems like the lord wants to use some people to help me indirectly i just hope that the lord knows this exam was ma chance to gain admission the subject shading area ur tlkin about is that u saw it because it was boldly written 4 u to see what about those that didnt even see it where like 5-6% who hAve only english nw ask urself why is it that 500,000space and luckily 501,000 passed at of about 1million+ dont u find that srange its jst simply unfair but i still pray i gain admission this year sha, undecided
Re: Let's Not Allow Jamb To Play Pranks On Us by Fant(m): 11:19pm On May 05, 2010
Guys, what is the news. Is it that JAMB will do nothing about these results again? This is absolute bunkun. Now, let no man sit down and expect things to happen. If you have any problem, try to email JAMB on support@fleettechltd.com or support@jambonline.org. They might refer you to their headquaters in Wuse Abuja, please if you are chanced to go there, don't hesitate to do so and i am strongly assuring you that you will find solutions there but beware of fraud stars there who will claim to be what they are not. Don't forget to give us your experience. GOOD LUCK.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Interview / Ussafrica.org / EDS Assignment For CU Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.