Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,042 members, 7,970,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:05 AM

7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out (18979 Views)

The 2020 Range Rover Velar Svautobiography Is The James Bond Of Suvs / The 10 Most Expensive Suvs In The World (Pictures) / Innoson Motors Officially Unveils New Brands Of SUVs In Anambra (see Prices) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by nex(m): 8:14am On Mar 25, 2018
Shey you people now see how outrageously, and stupendously expensive Innoson cars are?!
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by maxiuc(m): 8:34am On Mar 25, 2018
60,000 Ghana cedis is equal to 5million naira am I dreaming or something
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Catastrophe1: 8:35am On Mar 25, 2018
Dotng:

You are using the wrong measurement to compare Ghana to Nigeria. The right measurement is to compare standard of living, governance, economic progress and the business environment etc.

South Korea currency is a devalued currency because it wants to make its export attractive and discourage its citizens from depending on imports. It takes 1000 KRW to get NGN: 331, 91 Nigerian Naira's.

Also, 1,000 West African CFA Franc equals 676.80 Nigerian Naira.

Things are expensive in the West Coast. A litre of petrol cost about a Dollar while we buy fuel for less than half of a dollar. You can buy a can of malt for about N500. Automobiles cost more in Ghana than Nigeria.
Educate them, this is why I urge youths to expand their knowledge. Life doesn't begin and end with watching BBN.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by kingzay(m): 8:36am On Mar 25, 2018
Just negodu the value of cedis to that of Naira. undecided undecided
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by koning: 8:58am On Mar 25, 2018
Innoson G80 at alomost N28 million is very much on the high side. In as much as I fully support the Innoson, he should do something about the price of his cars.

Are they not built by Nigerian worker?. Does he pay them the same salary that Mercedes benz pays it's workers?.

These cars are assembled in Nigeria and should reflect that in the prices. Labour costs are relatively cheap in Africa.

Inno, budaa price a biko. O di too much...
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by mammanbawa: 9:07am On Mar 25, 2018
agarawu23:
just imagine a 27m tag for that innoson crap and he expects Nigerians to use local cars. That Kenya mobius looks more attractive than that innoson g80 and it's been sold for 4.5m .thats how greedy we Nigerians are.
Like seriously.
User reviews will shed more light sha, we don't know if it's worth that price. But going by the looks, it's not worth 10mil.
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Paschy88(m): 9:24am On Mar 25, 2018
Innoson G40 is a beauty.. Looks strong and classy..but at 17milla, it's damn expensive. I'll rather buy 3 of the equally gorgeous Mobius II at 6milla each.. Drive one and share two to my village people.

1 Like

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by 2day6(m): 9:28am On Mar 25, 2018
awon Werre all the car na million.
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by agarawu23(m): 9:30am On Mar 25, 2018
mammanbawa:

Like seriously.
User reviews will shed more light sha, we don't know if it's worth that price. But going by the looks, it's not worth 10mil.
its not worth it.
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by agarawu23(m): 9:32am On Mar 25, 2018
kolaaderin:
that is the price tag on 2017 Prado land cruiser. Innosine is not really ready for business all this while I have been thinking none of his vehicles should be over 10m.
he is not ready. When he is ready to meet our demand with a durable low budget ride we can do business.

1 Like

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by mammanbawa: 9:38am On Mar 25, 2018
agarawu23:
its not worth it.

Of course, why should I buy a 27million naira ugly car with a four cylinder engine when I can buy a fairly used G wagon for the same price. And if we should attend an event, people will think he came to pick passengers.

1 Like

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Elxandre(m): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2018
Why do they all make knock offs of major brands.
That's my concern
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Seun360(m): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2018
Georgry:
so 60,000 Ghana cedis is approximately 5 million naira.
now I can understand why Nigeria is rubbish and our leaders both past and present are mad.
those still living out of those thieves should be tied along with their families to a stake and stone till death, even those dead should be given a deserved punishment along with their families.
I don't know if anybody have any idea of how they can be punished.
fake country.

Indomie generation.
Ghana removed 3digit from their currency some years back.

1 Like

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Just30: 10:39am On Mar 25, 2018
Seun360:

Indomie generation.
Ghana removed 3digit from their currency some years back.
cause Ghana could
To simplify accounting.
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Just30: 10:42am On Mar 25, 2018
Dotng:

You are using the wrong measurement to compare Ghana to Nigeria. The right measurement is to compare standard of living, governance, economic progress and the business environment etc.

South Korea currency is a devalued currency because it wants to make its export attractive and discourage its citizens from depending on imports. It takes 1000 KRW to get NGN: 331, 91 Nigerian Naira's.

Also, 1,000 West African CFA Franc equals 676.80 Nigerian Naira.

Things are expensive in the West Coast. A litre of petrol cost about a Dollar while we buy fuel for less than half of a dollar. You can buy a can of malt for about N500. Automobiles cost more in Ghana than Nigeria.
cost of living and standard of living are way higher in Ghana than in Nigeria
Same way Wages are higher in Ghana than in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Just30: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Forget those trash about diff currency comparison.
Chinese yuan is trash go check it out and see
you're funny
The Chinese yuan is the new dollar
As it implement it Shanghai gold swap exchange
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by dayowunmi(m): 11:23am On Mar 25, 2018
If the 27 million quotation is correct then it is odd. You cannot charge the same rate as known car manufacturers. 27 million naira should be able to buy SUVs of known and proven car manufacturers, why should I now go and give that money to innoson who is relatively untested.
!
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Bobosneh: 11:35am On Mar 25, 2018
mhisbliss:
The price tags are just too high for pieces of metals fused together by Africans lol
so those cars imported from oversea na fused wood abi

1 Like

Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by mhisbliss(f): 12:39pm On Mar 25, 2018
Bobosneh:
so those cars imported from oversea na fused wood abi
Its still fused metal with a difference, its obvious, but dumb people can't see it, you see why I'm not having this conversation with you?
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by supereagle(m): 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
5.Kantanka K71Built by close brothers of Nigeria (Ghana). The K71 is a mini SUV and has a top speed of 160 km/h and 124hp.It costs 60,000 Ghanian Cedis,approximately N5,000,000.Its a product of Kantanka Automobile Company Limited.

Ghana CEDI's is far stronger than Naira now and our government not ready to revalue naira. Soludo wanted to do it they stopped him. Is the government comfortable with naira value?
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Bobosneh: 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
mhisbliss:
Its still fused metal with a difference, its obvious, but dumb people can't see it, you see why I'm not having this conversation with you?
say whatever you want but i know onething only dumb people dey know their fellow dumb people
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by GuidoVanRossum: 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
mhisbliss:

Sorry, but you are rude.
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by kolaaderin: 3:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
Paschy88:
Innoson G40 is a beauty.. Looks strong and classy..but at 17milla, it's damn expensive. I'll rather buy 3 of the equally gorgeous Mobius II at 6milla each.. Drive one and share two to my village people.

So the village people can let you have peace of mind on the one you are driving. Nagedu I like your sense, you to get brain for skull jare.
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by anthonyuncle(m): 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
that mobius is cool sha. but wait, so innoson has a car of #27+m? am coming
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by tunary(m): 3:54pm On Mar 25, 2018
Onanefe 4x4 is just so beautiful
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by mhisbliss(f): 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:

Sorry, but you are rude.
yap i don't have a reason to be polite here, kindly fvck off please
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by mhisbliss(f): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
Bobosneh:
say whatever you want but i know onething only dumb people dey know their fellow dumb people
whatever
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2018
Impressive but can’t they employ the services of an automotive designer? Cos copying already established brands make them look inferior.
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by MrBONE2(m): 4:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
agarawu23:
just imagine a 27m tag for that innoson crap and he expects Nigerians to use local cars. That Kenya mobius looks more attractive than that innoson g80 and it's been sold for 4.5m .thats how greedy we Nigerians are.
grin
agarawu23:
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by piagetskinner(m): 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
how can nigerians be encouraged to buy innoson vehicles when they are so expensive

that 27 m will get me a super clean Benz G55 AMG toks
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by Paschy88(m): 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
kolaaderin:

So the village people can let you have peace of mind on the one you are driving. Nagedu I like your sense, you to get brain for skull jare.

My brother in sense
Re: 7 Cool Suvs Made In Africa You Need To Check Out by olmoRoc: 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2018
Made or assembled?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Freaks – Which Car Will You Give Your All For? / 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know / Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.