Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,286 members, 7,881,068 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:49 AM

Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win (42930 Views)

Alex Iwobi Dances Gbe Body After Super Eagles Win Against Bafana Bafana / Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 / Nigeria Vs Iceland: Nigerians, Celebrities React To Super Eagles Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by Xmen149(m): 7:49am On Mar 24, 2018
zumarock8:
My problem is with Musa,why does he run pass the ball like power bike that has break problem

And I notice the ball was not smooth. It troubled both the eagles and polish players to control.

you sabi watch ball,.small touch the thing will fly,.some argued its from the pitch
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by GoldPencil: 7:53am On Mar 24, 2018
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by perdollar(m): 7:56am On Mar 24, 2018
[quote author=Iseoluwani post=66108153][/quote]eleyi oti kun oti ya werey oti jein magun
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by Homers123(m): 7:59am On Mar 24, 2018
Diso60090:

Abeg break the grammar small you say wetin happen you drink beer
Yes o, too much shayo no lemme see again.
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:04am On Mar 24, 2018
I couldn't finish the match. The passes were incoherent, the midfield was nonexistent, the goalie was shaky and generally there was no tactical shape or positional organization. We were poor. The positive was that they had passion and zeal to play for the country.

They showed real determination with their high pressing and ruthless marking. But football wise, they were poor. I had no reason to keep straining my eyes with such unimpressive performance. Playing like Jose Mourinho in big matches bore me and this was worse. The victory was undeserved.

2 Likes

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by Diso60090(m): 8:10am On Mar 24, 2018
Homers123:
Yes o, too much shayo no lemme see again.

mummy should be proud of you
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:13am On Mar 24, 2018
Diso60090:
We beat them we kill them 11-0 the polish girls can share it and if you want to be down with Poland fok you too mikel wife fok you too and if anyone want to ask for my opinion fok you too
below is what your ancestors are saying...��������

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by ihatesycophant(m): 8:14am On Mar 24, 2018
You forgot to add:
6. that penalty was a dive. The referee dash the penalty for Nigeria to celebrate the released of Dapchi's School girls.
7. that if Nigeria play like this in World Cup Argentina will nack us 5:0.
8. that the turf was a bad turf to play competitive football.
9. that their tackles were poo. They committed a lot of fouls.
10. that it was only Moses that tried among the eagles.

3 Likes

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by Diso60090(m): 8:15am On Mar 24, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
below is what your ancestors are saying...��������

You dey sleep guy wake up
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by JastSiryin(m): 8:23am On Mar 24, 2018
Besides using our physicality to our advantage, last night was a really awful performance from them. It was frightening seeing a national team unable to string up effective passes in attack throughout the game, as some chances just went begging. That was the most worrying aspect for me. Truth is, we would have been severely punished had we played a team that was a little more clinical.

1 Like

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by rayornb(m): 8:26am On Mar 24, 2018
ihatesycophant:
You forgot to add:
6. that penalty was a dive. The referee dash the penalty for Nigeria to celebrate the released of Dapchi's School girls.
7. that if Nigeria play like this in World Cup Argentina will nack us 5:0.
8. that the turf was a bad turf to play competitive football.
9. that their tackles were poo. They committed a lot of fouls.
10. that it was only Moses that tried among the eagles.

So you didn't see anything positive the the match?
Let's be optimistic, fine, they had their lapses, but at same time they tried.
I'm sure they'll work on their lapses now.

2 Likes

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by Robani: 8:27am On Mar 24, 2018
The Super Eagle's play was really not impressive. They lack coordination and finesse. With pay like what happened last night, they wouldn't win a single match at the World Cup.

1 Like

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by titsqueez(m): 8:30am On Mar 24, 2018
Who said moses has had a poor season at Chelsea. He is actually one of the players doing well in a poor Chelsea side.
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by DonMekino(m): 8:56am On Mar 24, 2018
Wasn't impressed with d condition of the pitch....maybe I have been spoiled by EPL pitches
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by sunkieisland(m): 8:59am On Mar 24, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Eagles swallowed Polish...period

which one?

Kiwi

Lude

Concorde

or na suede spray?

grin grin grin
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by Femeazy(m): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2018
They tried,
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by babytoun: 9:12am On Mar 24, 2018
let's not praise this team and forget all the many flaws in the match .

Poland were denied a very clean goal

my main worry in the match is that we struggled with set pieces throughout the match .

with thosev very tall icelanders who are very effextive with set pieces we may end up entertaining but still lose
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by voluminous(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2018
wright4christ:
Lewandoski, didn't play as he always do at Bayern Munich in that match. Nigeria need Mikel to be in form and not injured to draw a match in their group matches at the world cup, because Poland also is not a strong team like Croatia, Iceland and Argentina, why do they even choose Poland for friendly match, you can imagine Spain playing Germany, Argentina, England friendlies, and we are playing Poland and Serbia, the two country cannot really expose our weakness very well. I know if it were being Spain we played yesterday, they will score and possibly win the match,and Rohr for see say Igalo, Joel Obi, Musa, Kelechi, Iwobi and even Idowu are not fit yet, they need more game to be at their best
polish is top 6 in the latest fifa ranking.
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by DeeMain(m): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2018
Shehu didn't play well at all. Leon Balogun was poor.
Generally our defence was uncoordinated especially in the first half. Became better organized in the second.

We played most of the game with defensive midfielders (Ndidi and Joel Obi and later Onazi). No creative midfielder until John Ogu came in with few minutes left.

Ndidi is turning into a very influential player.

Iheanacho had a very poor match. He couldn't hold the ball and cannot resist the press.

We need more creative players in the team. Mikel, Iwobi and Moses won't suffice.

Uzoho had a very shaky first half. Did a lot better in the second. Goalkeeping may be our weakest link in the World Cup.

Let the team play with their mind more with more flair and creativity. I don't like seeing a mechanical team. Too early in the day though. I know they will get better.

Wish them well.

2 Likes

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by lookingfly: 10:00am On Mar 24, 2018
miracle956:
nice one sweethearts. go and win us the worldcup
sweethearth, did you watch Germany Vs Spain match ?
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by andrew444(m): 10:04am On Mar 24, 2018
wright4christ:
Lewandoski, didn't play as he always do at Bayern Munich in that match. Nigeria need Mikel to be in form and not injured to draw a match in their group matches at the world cup, because Poland also is not a strong team like Croatia, Iceland and Argentina, why do they even choose Poland for friendly match, you can imagine Spain playing Germany, Argentina, England friendlies, and we are playing Poland and Serbia, the two country cannot really expose our weakness very well. I know if it were being Spain we played yesterday, they will score and possibly win the match,and Rohr for see say Igalo, Joel Obi, Musa, Kelechi, Iwobi and even Idowu are not fit yet, they need more game to be at their best

Poland not a strong team? Poland is better than Croatia and Iceland,I don't think you watch them at the last euros maybe you think lewandowski is their only star player
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by andrew444(m): 10:08am On Mar 24, 2018
babytoun:
let's not praise this team and forget all the many flaws in the match .

Poland were denied a very clean goal

my main worry in the match is that we struggled with set pieces throughout the match .

with thosev very tall icelanders who are very effextive with set pieces we may end up entertaining but still lose

Yes Poland was denied a clean goal ,But if that goal is against your favorite football club you will not admit the truth just as you did,no b naija fault say dem no count the goal,no goal line technology there or na VAR
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by ersonleads(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
I couldn't finish the match. The passes were incoherent, the midfield was nonexistent, the goalie was shaky and generally there was no tactical shape or positional organization. We were poor. The positive was that they had passion and zeal to play for the country.

They showed real determination with their high pressing and ruthless marking. But football wise, they were poor. I had no reason to keep straining my eyes with such unimpressive performance. Playing like Jose Mourinho is big matches bore me and this was worse. The victory was undeserved.
oga,dey will do better, dey just trained for two days & without
Mikel to organize d mid field. It was mid field dat affected our play yesterday
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by Axis313(m): 10:30am On Mar 24, 2018
AnodaIT:
No Federal Character in the Super Eagles, that's what I learnt
Oyinbo no wan no where you come from,just deliver,and you are in.

1 Like

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by ovokate(f): 10:35am On Mar 24, 2018
Our defence is truly solid. These super eagles players no dey joke o cool all in all it was an impressive performance

2 Likes

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by Itsmedozie: 11:01am On Mar 24, 2018
Sapiosexuality:

They showed real determination with their high pressing and ruthless marking. But football wise, they were poor. I had no reason to keep straining my eyes with such unimpressive performance. Playing like Jose Mourinho in big matches bore me and this was worse. The victory was undeserved.
I will love to see how you and ur village team play against the fifth rank country in the world of football
Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by ejimatic: 11:14am On Mar 24, 2018
The super eagles must work hard if they want to go far in the world cup. natural midfielders are needed, sharp strikers are lacking in the team- Eagles did not have even two shots at goal in the match---Do we even have the bench that can take us to the quarter final in Russia? The truth is the super eagles must work hard if they want to come out of the group stage in Russia-

1 Like

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by ejimatic: 11:18am On Mar 24, 2018
Poland is technically and tactically better than the super eagles ,sentiment and scoreline apart.

2 Likes

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by daannyy(m): 11:23am On Mar 24, 2018
allanphash7:
Naija won with ojoro that's what i observed
haters fan club

1 Like

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by fajob: 11:30am On Mar 24, 2018
h

Re: Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win by babytoun: 11:33am On Mar 24, 2018
andrew444:

Yes Poland was denied a clean goal ,But if that goal is against your favorite football club you will not admit the truth just as you did,no b naija fault say dem no count the goal,no goal line technology there or na VAR

favourite football club na real match this one na friendly . we are supposed to use this matches to see areas of weakness in the team and correct them . winning is not the goal here so there's nothing to gain if a clear goal against us was disallowed .

if that goal counted we would now be looking at what the defence would have done better ... but now I see people scoring uzoho 8/10 balogun 8/10 for wetin na?

Only Moses deserved may be 7/10 then ekong 6/10 all the others did not do more than 5/10 .

I am saying this because this was how we did well in the friendlies in 2002 but could not win a single match in the wc proper

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Sacked By Lille Via Text Message / Osimhen Parties With Oshoala, Alozie And Super Eagles Stars / Cheick Tiote's Last Words To His Friend Before His Tragic Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.