Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,674 members, 7,921,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:14 AM

BBNAIJA Vs The LABOUR ROOM: Who Is Who ? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBNAIJA Vs The LABOUR ROOM: Who Is Who ? (395 Views)

BBNaija Vs Gulder Ultimate Search: Which Do Nigerians Prefer? / Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted / #BBNaija VS This Baby: Twitter Users Compare Both (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BBNAIJA Vs The LABOUR ROOM: Who Is Who ? by PediakAuthor: 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
BBNaija vs The Labour Room: Who is Who ?

BBNaija returning back two earlier evicted housemates into the house seems like a surprise to the Nigerian audience and to the ones in the Diaspora.

Nevertheless, i don't always feel okay whenever viewers and online commentators say that such have never happened before in any history of a Reality TV show.

But here i am to prove such people wrong.

I was opportuned to be part of the Labour Room National Development Reality TV Show organized by The Nigeria Rebirth Project - 17th September to 17th November, 2017.

During the course of the TV Show, two evicted housemates who represented Cross River and Benue States were eventually returned after several weeks of being out of the house, (when the FCT Representative incidentally pressed the RESET BUTTON).

Now, BBNaija is using such a concept to give the Nigerian youths sleepless nights. So what's new about that? Check the referenced Labour Room videos on Youtube if you care to.

And besides, if i may ask, what is even the objective of this BBNAIJA of a thing?
how does it contribute to the development of the nation?
How will it bring food to the table of a common man in the street?
How does it solve our recurring economic crisis?

I need some answers please.

I vividly recall how i represented my Ekiti State for two months on National TV for this National Development TV programme. It was a think-tank platform for 37 selected youths from each of all the Nigerian States to rub minds together on how to solve the various challenges bedeviling the socio-economic development of their respective states and that of Nigeria at large.
As part of my contribution to the development of the nation, i launched a book titled: "A Sustainable Transformational Agenda in Nigeria" during my course of stay in the TV Show mansion.

But where are the results and resolutions of such a timely developmental project today. Even if available, will the Federal Government implement some of the viable recommendations and solutions for National Development?

To worsen the matter, most Southern State Governments gave little or no attention to those youths who represented them for such a developmental programme on National TV for 2 months.

It is so sad that when it comes to the issues of intellectual abilities that can move the nation forward, we tend to give little or no attention to such.

It is somewhat boring to the people and also less-prioritized by the Government.

But when it comes to the moment of the show of skin, maximum attentions are given by the people and when it comes to nepotism and favouritism, vested interests are given by the leaders.

What a paradoxical situation.

So can you now see that Nigeria's problem is a resultant effect of diversified contributors. We can't always blame our leaders, we need to start blaming the people for their refusal to take responsibilities.

See, here is the truth of the matter, if Nigeria will ever move forward, the people must be ready to change their attitude. Without that, we are going no where and the Nigerian future is at a brim of collapse if care is not taken.

Atimes, i feel so concerned about our National destiny. Imagine, as narrated by a Lawyer this morning: "a young man opts to marry a pretty lady,the girl's Father during an introduction asked the guy, "what is your source of income?" and the guy replied: " N-Power ".

I reacted: "that is the aftermath of a failed-state".

To worsen the situation of things for the Nigerian Youths, we are in a society whereby people see a single-guy as being irresponsible. Please, If i may ask, when employable graduates don't have good pay-jobs and good standard of living, how will they settle down at the due time?

In addition, in my oft-repeated concept of National Development: "decades after gaining independence from the Colonial Masters' rule, Nigeria is not yet boastful of common food independence despite being blessed with arable lands and different cadres of labour force. We still import processed foods for our daily upkeep.
What stops the unemployed youths to engage in corporative farming of some export-oriented agricultural products and also the locally consumable ones? Can you see that the Government and the people both have crucial roles to play in the nation building process?

Back to my main point, i don't just understand why we tend to neglect intellectual initiatives structured towards state-centric developments for the entertaining-centric ones.
In-short, we are all the instrumentalizers of our obvious level of under-development in Nigeria.

Lastly, imagine Nigerian youths keenly waiting, keeping vigil to see two evicted housemates sneak back into the house around 3am midnight.

OMG!!
I don't believe it!! What a misplaced priority!!

You guys could have spent that precious time to engage in productive research works on how to invent a sustainable, an affordable & an eco-friendly energy source for Nigeria or engage in research works on how to solve some of our wailing socio-economic challenges.

At this point, it is crystal-clear, that we need a change of attitude for Nigeria's all-round advancement.

If i may ask, after running a comparative analysis on BBNaija and The Labour Room: "who should now acclaim himself as an enviable Spartan of a Reality TV Show with respect to the recent realities in Nigeria?"

By Jawolusi Oluwaseun Solomon

(1) (Reply)

Twitter Users Blast Organisers Over Nina’s Wrong Percentage Votes / Peeping Is Not Good ●amazing But Tempting / Nollywood Actor Oga Bello Signs Production Deal With Startimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.