Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,096 members, 7,933,668 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:03 AM

Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting (20217 Views)

Man Climbs Glo Mast In Kebbi, Says He Won't Come Down Until Buhari Steps Down / Why Buhari Won't Attend Fayemi's Campaign Rally On Tuesday - Daily Independent / Jonathan, IBB, Shagari Absent At Council Of State Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by FeloniousFelon: 9:40am On Mar 27, 2018
"Nigeria Is Nobody’s Personal Estate, It Belongs To All Nigerians” - Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday advised politicians to stop sowing seeds of discord. He added that despite the embarrassing utterances made by certain politicians in the country, Nigerians are the ones to decide who will govern them after the 2015 general polls, as Nigeria is nobody's personal estate.

The President made the remark while speaking at a special Christmas service at St. Mathew’s Anglican Church in Maitama, Abuja.

He urged politicians to market themselves without at­tacking him, saying that only Nigerians will decide their leaders at all levels.

He also made a veiled reference to Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amae­chi who recently threat­ened that the APC was ready to form a parallel government if next year’s elections are rigged. Jona­than questioned the basis of such threats, saying there was nothing that should make any office seeker brag that he would win his election.

In his words, “As a politician, you want people to elect you, to perform a responsibil­ity. If you mean well for the country, the country is nobody’s personal estate but you want to serve. If people want you to serve, you serve, if they say no, you leave”

“Nigeria is nobody’s per­sonal estate, Nigeria is no­body’s business enterprise, Nigeria is nobody’s father’s property, it belongs to all Ni­gerians.”

“I get embarrassed when we the politicians, maybe includ­ing me, make provocative statements; statements that create division among Nigerians; statements that can set this country ablaze. I don’t think that is what a leader should do. I don’t think that is the kind of seed a leader should sow.”

“Those who take govern­ment by violence, look at African countries, those who kill to take power, they never end well. Few cases, yes, probably in a society not everybody goes the same way but on the aver­age one has recently happened in west Africa.”

“If a politician wants to take power whether at the House of Assembly level, at the House of Representa­tives or Senate or governor or president, you don’t sow seed of discord and enmity because of course, it will consume you.”

“As a nation, we know that if anybody who has the privilege of being a gover­nor of a state after serving, he becomes a senior citizen of that state, it is your duty to assist in-coming govern­ment.”

“If you happen to serve as the head of government or as a president of this coun­try, in fact at the national level, we have the highest authority called the Coun­cil of State, the permanent members of the council of state are past presidents and past Chief Justices of the country. The idea is that they have vast experience in a number of things and they can bring their expe­riences to bear in terms of advising any president at any time. That was why that body was created by the constitution.”

“But if we abuse our­selves, kill ourselves to be in office, then who will fin­ish serving and still want to attend the Council of State meeting for somebody who probably abused you through life, it is not pos­sible.”

“For us who are look­ing for various offices, we should just talk about what we can do for Nigerians, you can market yourself but not to sow the seed of discord.”

“For a politician to stand up, who is even a Christian to say that if he fails elec­tion, he will form a parallel government. What makes him feel that he must win the election? Even me as a serving president, what makes me feel I must win the election, no matter what I think I am? Nige­rians will decide who will govern them at the state level, or federal level, state assemblies or the National Assembly in terms of the federal constituencies and the senatorial districts.”

“It is not you – who is looking for the office – to think that you are the best person to be there. Are you the most qualified person, even by certificates? Are you telling me your certificate is larger than that of others, or you even have more certificates? It is the choice of the people and the will of God”. The president concluded.

http://www.aitonline.tv/post-_nigeria_is_nobody___s_personal_estate__it_belongs_to_all_nigerians______jonathan

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Wisebird22(m): 10:14am On Mar 27, 2018
GEJ,the father of modern democracy in nigeria,bubu d learn wrk were dis man sidon

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by FarahAideed: 10:21am On Mar 27, 2018
“If a politician wants to take power whether at the House of Assembly level, at the House of Representa­tives or Senate or governor or president, you don’t sow seed of discord and enmity because of course, it will consume you.”

This is what is actually consuming the useless Buhari now

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by deji68: 10:36am On Mar 27, 2018
Words.....
“For us who are look­ing for various offices, we should just talk about what we can do for Nigerians, you can market yourself but not to sow the seed of discord.”

“For a politician to stand up, who is even a Christian to say that if he fails elec­tion, he will form a parallel government. What makes him feel that he must win the election? Even me as a serving president, what makes me feel I must win the election, no matter what I think I am? Nige­rians will decide who will govern them at the state level, or federal level, state assemblies or the National Assembly in terms of the federal constituencies and the senatorial districts.”

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by maxiuc(m): 11:47am On Mar 27, 2018
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by neezar: 11:48am On Mar 27, 2018
The slayer of all headslammers cheesy cheesy

Gej you are truly a democrat and hero
Corrinthians:
Cc: FFK, Nnamdidiot Cownu, Pigs, and Idiots. cheesy

Better listen to the wise counsel of your god and buffoon. grin
Here goes another head slammer....someone should give this zombie food ahbeg cheesy cheesy

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by hubtiva: 11:48am On Mar 27, 2018
ok
Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by fk002: 11:49am On Mar 27, 2018
GEJ the "Charles Logan" of Nigeria (24 series)

His negligence, cluelessness and incompetence put us in this hardship and insecurity....

The last picture will be GEJ's fate

PMB till 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Benjom(m): 11:49am On Mar 27, 2018
Jonathan saw what we couldn't see then cool

The fastest way to a new job is with a new and AWESOME CV. Here are catchy samples:
https://.com/cv-samples

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Queenserah26(f): 11:50am On Mar 27, 2018
wink
Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Pinkyposh(f): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2018
Bihari is going home

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Firefire(m): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2018

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by yesloaded: 11:51am On Mar 27, 2018
Wisebird22:
GEJ,the father of modern democracy in nigeria,bubu d learn wrk were dis man sidon

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Viktor1983(m): 11:53am On Mar 27, 2018
Its all good.
Gej even with his administrations short comings is a true gentleman.
Y'all enjoying the change you bargained for.
grin

Waiting for the e ...diots from Buhari media Center to come and talk bull.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by xcolanto(m): 11:53am On Mar 27, 2018
Oga jona! African best democratic leader!
One who the blood of the electorates are not worth the office of government.

God bless! The best president Nigeria has ever had.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by nerodenero: 11:53am On Mar 27, 2018
This government has made Jonathan a better leader, politician and President.

If you don't agree, argue with your phone or laptop.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by TPAND(f): 11:54am On Mar 27, 2018
Nigerians were not patient with GEJ, but sudden became patient and hopeful with the colossal failure called Buhari

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Corrinthians(m): 11:56am On Mar 27, 2018
President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday advised politicians to stop sowing seeds of discord. He added that despite the embarrassing utterances made by certain politicians in the country, Nigerians are the ones to decide who will govern them after the 2015 general polls, as Nigeria is nobody's personal estate.
Cc: FFK, Nnamdidiot Cownu, Pigs, and Idiots. cheesy

Better listen to the wise counsel of your god and buffoon. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Ricky97(m): 11:56am On Mar 27, 2018
This is one of the true reasons i respect this man till tomorrow. He isn't just the my past President but my hero. Everything about him is just worthy of emulation. His truely an elderstate man. Ride on sir Nigerians are firmly behind you.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by CSTR1002: 11:56am On Mar 27, 2018
Buhari sowed hate all through his campaign.

Amaechi threatened parallel govt the first time in our history, which means buhari"s ambition was worth more than the stability of Nigeria.

And somehow, buhari's brain dead lackeys are surprised that many people hate buhari to the point of irrationality.

They shouldn't be surprised. You can't sow hate and reap love.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by OBAGADAFFI: 11:57am On Mar 27, 2018
That's is a true statesman talking.

Unlike Buhari and his fellow generals.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Jeel: 11:57am On Mar 27, 2018
So many leaders but very little leadership. Thank you GEJ.

You wrote your name in gold. History will be kind to you.

You were a selfless leader with un-afican leadership so many failed to understand you and your ways.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Ezebinaugwu(m): 11:58am On Mar 27, 2018
How I wish Nigerians will keep religion, tribalism and sentiment aside to elect quality leaders who are willing to serve

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by TheKingIsHere: 11:58am On Mar 27, 2018
Buhari is a total failure.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by judecares1(m): 11:59am On Mar 27, 2018
buhari is the most uneducated president since d history of nigeria

the worst of all aspect is that he has ear problem
chai there is God oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
Buhari and Jonathan, two wrong things that happened to Nigeria within 8 years, who is worse gan

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by chosengocap: 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
God bless GEJ.

Nnamdi Kalu said this in 2014:
“As they campaign vigorously for elections you would think
they are coming to grow the economy, enthrone justice,
breed unity and tolerance and love for one another. No!
They are coming to enthrone Hausa/Fulani supremacy, to
reposition the security agencies by sacking all competent
hands and replace them with their kinsmen in order to drive
their ethnic domination of the south. The Fulani herdsmen
will be armed and encouraged to slaughter us with impurity
and their masters will protect them. They are coming to
ensure that my people are enslaved forever. Those who do
not believe me will soon see it happen before their eyes.
The Fulani will take over the entire south as a continuation
of their age-long agenda to Islamise Eastern Nigeria. They
will brazenly seize our land in pretence of creating grazing
fields for the Fulani. Then the conquest will be complete
and we will become their serfs forever.”‎ ‎

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
Ezebinaugwu:
How I wish Nigerians will keep religion, tribalism and sentiment aside to elect quality leaders who are willing to serve

To most Nigerians, it's better my tyrant father serve than another man

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by demzey(m): 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
Ahh dis is called WORD!!! can bubu make an inspiring or thoughtful sentence talk less of a speech

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hinted 3 Years Ago That He Won't Attend Council Of State Meeting by SpyAC(m): 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
No be this fruit nearly kill my Nabor piking last month?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP / Buhari’s Medical Trip: Transmitting Power To VP Unnecessary – Garba Shehu / Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.