Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,932 members, 7,976,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 09:09 AM

Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos (12239 Views)

I Didn’t Storm Out Of South West Leaders Meeting – Fayemi / BIAFRA: Lawyers Storm US Embassy Over IPOB / US Lawyers Storm Nigeria To Gather Evidence Against Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by delpee(f): 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2018
APC certainly needs strong opposition in Lagos. Other parties show up only at election time. PDP is a total mess. We can't continue with governance this way. It's simply unsustainable.
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by IdeyFindWife: 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2018
Mitsurugi:
So because we massively voted APC they now believe we are YES MEN. How can someone be considered part of a process when he has no access to the facts? How can he make viable contributions to a process which will bind him eventually? APC is just a party of dimwits and scoundrels. This LUC issue is what it is - Lagosians have officially been acknowledged as the ATM for Tinubu and his niggas grin

The massive corruption going on in Lagos with the innocent, already overburdened residents and investors shouldering the bill is too much!

Hope sensible alliances can come up to take power from them come 2019?
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Thegamingorca(m): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

The massive corruption going on in Lagos with the innocent, already overburdened residents and investors shouldering the bill is too much!

Hope sensible alliances can come up to take power from them come 2019?

A tale of two cities

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by stevecantrell: 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
Mitsurugi:
So because we massively voted APC they now believe we are YES MEN. How can someone be considered part of a process when he has no access to the facts? How can he make viable contributions to a process which will bind him eventually? APC is just a party of dimwits and scoundrels. This LUC issue is what it is - Lagosians have officially been acknowledged as the ATM for Tinubu and his niggas grin

If y'all like continue with these APC bloodsuckers in 2019

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by thunder74(m): 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
donejossy87:
It's pay back time to greedy landlord grin
I laugh at your statement. I am a landlord and waiting for the final bill before passing it to my tenants through rents.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by loganx: 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2018
The 50% reduction is a sham. The real deal is in the valuation of the property. your house will be placed on a valuation of N0.5b.
You can imagine the charge on such amount.
criminals.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
thunder74:

I laugh at your statement. I am a landlord and waiting for the final bill before passing it to my tenants through rents.

But commercial rent is dependent on willing
buyers and willing sellers. Economics dictates
that if a landlord could charge x amount on top
of his current rent today, he would have already
done so.

Nigerian's do not want to pay tax but remember America every time something does not work in Nigeria, forgetting tax crimes in developed countries is just as bad as a murder charge. Taxation builds nations not tribal sentiments.

https://www.pwc.com/ng/en/assets/pdf/lagos-land-use-charge-controversy%202018.pdf

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by thunder74(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2018
TheCabal:

But commercial rent is dependent on willing
buyers and willing sellers. Economics dictates
that if a landlord could charge x amount on top
of his current rent today, he would have already
done so.

Nigerian's do not want to pay tax but remember America every time something does not work in Nigeria, forgetting tax crimes in developed countries is just as bad as a murder charge. Taxation builds nations not tribal sentiments.

https://www.pwc.com/ng/en/assets/pdf/lagos-land-use-charge-controversy%202018.pdf
You won't understand it now until the law is fully implemented.
What do you expect a landlord that collects 250k annually from his tenant and was asked to pay N475k as land use charge p. a. to do?

The bill should not have been calculated at sale value but rental value because landlords don't sell their houses yearly. It is rent they collect annually.
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
thunder74:

You won't understand it now until the law is fully implemented.
What do you expect a landlord that collects 250k annually from his tenant and was asked to pay N475k as land use charge p. a. to do?

The bill should not have been calculated at sale value but rental value because landlords don't sell their houses yearly. It is rent they collect annually.

You do not seem to understand the land use act, neither does it seem you have a good grasp on maths.

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by valarinz: 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2018
Tracypacy:
After I gave my wife a loan for her business, i have been eating chicken and cowleg I didn't pay for at home. My mind is telling me my money is gone

Hahahahahahahaha, you're a clown Oga

Enjoy your money grin
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by partnerbiz4: 6:34am On Mar 29, 2018
three:
Wow!

So the so called revised Land Use Charge has NOT been GAZETTED and LASG has already sent out bills!
Illegality and impunity redefined.

So when did it effectively become a law abi Lagos Lawmakers do not know how law making works again?

Lagosians (all who live and hustle in Lagos) might as well line up at Bourdillon and pay the money.

I don't know what this man has on you all! embarassed cry

This is untrue.

Laws become effective and enforceable the moment they are assented to --- that is, if no commencement date is prescribed.

The gazzette shebang affects it not..

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Looted Our Destiny, Prospects, Jobs – Fashola / Rebecca Sharibu, Leah Sharibu's Mother: My Worst Moment Was Day I Dreamt About.. / Shiites: Our Protest Would Not Stop Until El-Zakzaky Is Freed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.