Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,716 members, 7,914,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:59 PM

Who You Are, What You Are And What You Have In Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who You Are, What You Are And What You Have In Christ (598 Views)

Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! / You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris / Some Of Satan's Tricks To Get Us To Lose Faith In Christ Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who You Are, What You Are And What You Have In Christ by ugo2u(m): 5:17pm On May 05, 2010
1.HOLY AND WITHOUT BLAME IN LOVE (v.4)
We are chosen to be love children from the start before Jacob, Isaac, Abraham and even before the creation of the world, to think that God has us in mind and has a plan for us for such a long time really makes me feel special and loved, how about you?
We were called to love even before we were born, I know sometimes its not easy to love those that hurt us ( I recently had my phone, ipod, camera, graphic tablet and laptop stolen and it hurt so bad) But I believe the more we practice to love, the more we mature and develop both in soul and in spirit.
So show some love today, tell someone how much they mean to you, tell your spouse you appreciate them, buy them a small gift, give them a smile, a hug and let us know how it feels to do so

2.WE HAVE REDEMPTION AND FORGIVENESS OF SINS (V.7)
No matter what we may have done, it cannot outweigh the riches of His grace (unmerited favor) to cause Him to hold out on us, we are forgiven of our sins the moment we ask for it. Nothing we have done, doing or ever will do will lay a dent on His grace which he made available for us. (Check out vs 8 to see how much grace we have available)

3.WE HAVE AN INHERITANCE (V. 11)
Wow! We have an inheritance!!! I dont know about you but if Jesus leaves you an inheritance, its going to be a huge one and now we know that we have an inheritance I think we should live like Kings and Queens and also our lives should be lived in the way and manner that will give praise and glory to Him or dont you think so?

4.SEALED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE (V.13)
This means we are the property of the Holy Spirit and that no devil has any right to touch us, since we belong to the Holy Spirit I believe that everything that belongs to us also belongs to Him, long and short of this is that we are the official property of the Holy Spirit, I dont know about you but that is awesome and the mere thought that the Holy Spirit is ever close to us gives me great joy and that He is in me makes me feel on top of the world (If you dont have the infilling of the Holy Ghost meet your local pastor or better still ask the Holy Spirit yourself, He is eager for you to accept

Him because He is a gift to us Christians)

5.THE POWER THAT RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD WORKS IN US AND FOR US (V.20)
The awesome power that raised Jesus from the dead (the power of the Holy Ghost) is at work in us and for us. We are supercharged by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to face anything that may come our way. (see also verse 19)
HAVE YOU HAD FELLOWSHIP WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT TODAY.
Re: Who You Are, What You Are And What You Have In Christ by ugo2u(m): 5:17pm On May 05, 2010
the above scriptures can be found in the book of ephesians

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba, Hausa Clash In Ijora. 2 Dead And Many Wounded / Pls Help Me Answer The Question / Wow! Quickly Rush And Grap All These Xmas Bonuses B4 Someone Else Gets It Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.