Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,904 members, 7,883,140 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:25 AM

If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? (3899 Views)

Photos From The Burial Ceremony Of Audu Abubakar / If I Were Jonathan, I ‘ll Crack Nigeria – Agbakoba, SAN / 2015 Presidential Election:States Jonathan Would Win Convincingly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Akuviv: 9:07am On May 06, 2010
We all witnessed the drama and heard from Jonathan himself that he was not given access to the then sick President despite his office. If you were in his shoes, would you attend Yar'Adua's burial ceremony?
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by hakanai(m): 9:18am On May 06, 2010
at this time, i say the poster has no remorse to consider this an issue to discuss undecided.remember even b4 now they shared alot as partners.even GL can't deny playing his roll unmolested.Including the morals and ethics religiously and culturally we know you have to sympathise with someone.Because it is something that alll of us will surely taste. cry
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by labiyemmy(m): 9:21am On May 06, 2010
Poster,

If men were God.
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Akuviv: 9:37am On May 06, 2010
I call for objective response not sentiments. I am a Nigerian and prayed for the late president while he was alive. I lost a friend to kidney wahala too so can understand the pain involved. I want to know your candid opinion hence the post. As an acting President he was entitled to see Yar'Adua but denied access (not too good if you ask me)! The same family has the right too to deny him access now. The question is, would you wait to be invited by the family or attend despite all. I would if you ask me. What would you do?
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by franctony(m): 10:21am On May 06, 2010
poster, u must be a very bad man
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by naso2(m): 12:45pm On May 06, 2010
@poster .

Why not? remember he goes there as the president no more acting. Anybody wey do anyhow go see anyhow . Full state security.

Secondly i think it will be in Turai's best interest not to act funny, becuase she surely will need a lot of favours from Joe when their deals during UMYA era comes under the searchlight.
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Osama10(m): 12:46pm On May 06, 2010
Why not?
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Godalone(m): 12:56pm On May 06, 2010
Yes
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Akuviv: 11:25am On May 07, 2010
No wonder a lot of people fail exams.

Sincere thanks to Godalone, Na-so and Osama10 (a true Nigerian who answers a question with question cheesy) for their answers.

So what do you think about Jonathan not attending? Why do you think he was absent?
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by browncocos(f): 12:15pm On May 07, 2010
^^^
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by chidichris(m): 12:20pm On May 07, 2010
if for the sake of yar adua himself, every nigerian wld love to be there but for the sake of the uncontrollable abokis in the north, it is not safe for the likes of jonathan.
if you followed the burial programme on tv, the commentator did mention that the security lost control of the crowd at a point.
i for once do not trust aboki so going there could be at his own personal risk.
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by otitokoro1: 12:28pm On May 07, 2010
We all witnessed the drama and heard from Jonathan himself that he was not given access to the then sick President despite his office. If you were in his shoes, would you attend Yar'Adua's burial ceremony?

I will not attend because I will see it as a bait to kill me. angry angry angry
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by chiozor: 12:40pm On May 07, 2010
there could be some negative security info available to him
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Akosbaba(m): 12:58pm On May 07, 2010
if u be jonathan u no go fear 4 ur life.i wouldn't blame him cos he didn't attend the burial.
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by chiozor: 1:00pm On May 07, 2010
chidichris:

if for the sake of yar adua himself, every nigerian wld love to be there but for the sake of the uncontrollable abokis in the north, it is not safe for the likes of jonathan.
if you followed the burial programme on tv, the commentator did mention that the security lost control of the crowd at a point.

well spoken, that is Gbam!!!!
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Imeobong(m): 1:14pm On May 07, 2010
I will not have, so I don't think it would have been wise for him to, ,

but I did not see OBJ grin grin grin grin grin, was he there?

d man fear aboki, the fear of aboki is the beginning of wisdom grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by otitokoro1: 1:18pm On May 07, 2010
Please I was watched the part 1 of the burial film. Part 2 coming soon or what? Was He buried inside the ground or what? undecided
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Imeobong(m): 1:22pm On May 07, 2010
chidichris:

the security men are Aboki, while the crowd itself are also Aboki, the more reason why its not wise for OBJ and Jonathan to go, moreover its OBJ that the Aboki's are accusing now of being responsible for Yaradua's death, and if he had gone there they would have skin him alive, but couldn't Yaradua have refused? Or was the bait too much? Maybe it was long throat, he should have think of his health at first.
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Imeobong(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2010
Please who knows this woman? the one at Turai right hand side, she cried more that Turai yesterday

Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Imeobong(m): 1:49pm On May 07, 2010
More Pix from Saharareporter:

Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Imeobong(m): 1:52pm On May 07, 2010
More Pix

Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Imeobong(m): 1:55pm On May 07, 2010
More Pix,

Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by Akuviv: 11:26pm On May 08, 2010
Thank you all for the contributions.
@ Imeobong : Great pix

It was not safe for Jonathan to attend the burial even FBI no go stop fanatic Aboki from inflicting harm not to talk of Olokpa! I'm surprised he permitted his wife to attend. I know there was no beef between Jonathan and Late Yar'adua but like Soyinka said, "he was a victim of spousal abuse". Turai and co messed things up for Late Musa, people must have truly mourned his death but not sympathise with his wife.

I could not believe my senses when a young man (educated aboki) at the funeral was critizing the reshufflement of the cabinet at Late Yar'Adua's burial! He said it was all an act of selfishness! angry angry angry Imagine what would have happened to Jonathan if he showed up!
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by D3rdeye: 11:55pm On May 08, 2010
Help me ask the aboki! Now its there turn to see the way things should be run!
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by udezue(m): 12:45am On May 09, 2010
Hell naw. He has better things to do than to go and collect insults from some gworo eating aboki people high on gutter fumes. Abeg the days of our people risking death and getting insulted all in the name of pleasing aboki and Nigerians are over. Was Ojukwu and others there?
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by otitokoro1: 10:22am On May 13, 2010
Oh Lord God deliver us form this abokis ,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by wasco8(m): 5:47pm On May 07, 2021
Es
Re: If You Were Jonathan, Would You Attend Yar'adua's Burial Ceremony? by dalongjnr: 5:55pm On May 07, 2021
How time flies! Great leader of a great nation. RIP, late president yar'adua shehu musa

(1) (Reply)

Is Igbo Claim To More Quantitative Education Like Obama's Claim To Achievements? / President Jonathan Shamelessly Admits He's Afraid Of Corrupt Nigerians! / Breaking!! Shakau captured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.