Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,157 members, 7,907,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:19 AM

Feeling Old. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feeling Old. (892 Views)

How I Slept With My Friend's Girlfriend Today. I'm So Feeling Guilty / What Will You Say About This Pics??? Who Is Feeling Hot Among The Two. / My Feeling After Sucking A Pussy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeling Old. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
Straight to the point, I turned 24 two weeks ago and I’m beginning to feel old.

I’m beginning to feel less desirable, and feel the need to lie about my age when I meet new guys.

I don’t know how time passed so quick but in my mind I cannot accept the new age that I’m in.

I think I’m going through a mid life crisis at 24, it’s truly just a weird feeling and in other aspects of my life, i’m not where I want to be.

I want to know if anyone else has/is experiencing this and how to deal with it?
Re: Feeling Old. by BossLaifay(f): 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
Enjoy your age baby girl. You are still very young and have a lot of living still left to do.
In 5 years you would be laughing at your train of thoughts today.
Don't let this pressure you into anything. Identify things you enjoy doing and build yourself to become better and more productive.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Old. by Lalas247(f): 12:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: Feeling Old. by crismark(m): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: Feeling Old. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2018
I remember I had exact thoughts like this years ago when I turned 22 I found it difficult to accept. you will get used to it.
Re: Feeling Old. by XhosaNostra(f): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
Many people are not where they want to be in life. Just remain optimistic about the future. Your head is still above water if you're not sleeping on the side of the street or eating from a dustbin. Be grateful for the little headstart you've made.

As for the age thing, you better accept it because you're not gonna get any younger with each passing year. Age comes with experiences & sometimes wisdom. See it as climbing the ladder of life. You're only halfway to "senior management" tongue Also, sometimes age comes with respect. The older you get, the more people watch the tone they use with you. They stop being stupid & condescending grin You can also ask the younger kids to do stuff for you, no questions asked cool
Getting older is good if you don't focus much on the negatives.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Old. by coolh3ad(m): 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
Imogenn:

I’m beginning to feel less desirable, and feel the need to lie about my age when I meet new guys.

I don’t know how time passed so quick but in my mind I cannot accept the new age that I’m in.

I think I’m going through a mid life crisis at 24, it’s truly just a weird feeling and in other aspects of my life, i’m not where I want to be.

You are already suffering from Gerascophobia at an early stage.....Hmmmmm....Just keep living your life the way you have always been before this thought crept in...
Re: Feeling Old. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2018
coolh3ad:

You are already suffering from Gerascophobia at an early stage.....Hmmmmm....Just keep living your life the way you have always been before this thought crept in...
How is that possible when I know age is not on my side?
Re: Feeling Old. by coolh3ad(m): 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
Imogenn:
How is that possible when I know age is not on my side?

Age is not on your side at 24. I don't understand. What exactly are you scared of?
Re: Feeling Old. by internationalman(m): 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2018
Picture of your 28 year old body or idonbilivit
Re: Feeling Old. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
XhosaNostra:
Many people are not where they want to be in life. Just remain optimistic about the future. Your head is still above water if you're not sleeping on the side of the street or eating from a dustbin. Be grateful for the little headstart you've made.

As for the age thing, you better accept it because you're not gonna get any younger with each passing year. Age comes with experiences & sometimes wisdom. See it as climbing the ladder of life. You're only halfway to "senior management" tongue Also, sometimes age comes with respect. The older you get, the more people watch the tone they use with you. They stop being stupid & condescending grin You can also ask the younger kids to do stuff for you, no questions asked cool
Getting older is good if you don't focus much on the negatives.
It’s hard to accept I’m trying though lol, but you know as a woman, ageing just comes with so many negative impacts, it’s hard to ignore. I will take your advice...thank-you smiley
Re: Feeling Old. by XhosaNostra(f): 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
Imogenn:
It’s hard to accept I’m trying though lol, but you know as a woman, ageing just comes with so many negative impacts, it’s hard to ignore. I will take your advice...thank-you smiley

The good thing is, the older you get, the less you care about opinions lol. You'll get there smiley
Re: Feeling Old. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
coolh3ad:

Age is not on your side at 24. I don't understand. What exactly are you scared of?
I can’t explain it, don’t worry.
Re: Feeling Old. by McBrooklyn(m): 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
Lol...
Re: Feeling Old. by coolh3ad(m): 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
Imogenn:
I can’t explain it, don’t worry.

It's fine. I understand. I know a "FEAR" triggered this though...
Re: Feeling Old. by Ximenez(m): 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
Imogenn:

It's something very common in Nigeria. Most of the ladies have been celebrating 25th birthday for the past ten years.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lady Blasts Man Who Told Her He Doesnt Date Girls That Enter Danfo / House Of Commotion / Friend In Warri, Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.