Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,945 members, 7,976,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 09:57 AM

Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) (69208 Views)

Gowon's Press Release In Uganda After Murtala Mohammed Overthrew Him (Video) / On This Day: Murtala Mohammed Was Shot Dead In His Mercedes Benz (PHOTOS) / Murtala Mohammed's 79th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by IAmSkinny: 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
R.I.P to a gallant man. He was a very nice individual from all I heard and read about him. cool Okoro pple as usual would spew hate... Anything good ever come from those savages anyways? angry undecided
He is nice, no doubt but he killed so many unarmed civilians at Asaba.
He is a bloody coup plotter who has a hand in the murder of Ironsi and the anti Igbo progrom.
#fact

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by ameri9ja: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
That those who murdered defenceless civilians in Asaba have never been reprimanded in life or in death, neither has Nigerian government acknowledged that its troops massacred its citizens without provocation is a dent on Nigeria’s image.

5 Likes

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by supereagle(m): 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Good people no dey last for this country....look at bubu still chilling at 85

Do you want to know about the war crimes he carried out on innocent people at Asaba during the civil war? All the participants in the that crime died with the coup.

1 Like

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by sweerychick(f): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
IjeleNwa:
Onikan Lagos,behind tafawa balewa square. Ticket is #500 to see everything
thanks dear kiss

1 Like

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by sweerychick(f): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
TourismMan:

No. 2 JK Randle Street, Onikan, Lagos Island, Lagos-Nigeria

Phone: 08033112623
thanks kiss
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by sweerychick(f): 4:01pm On Mar 30, 2018
AryaSand:

Take a bus yo TBS and ask around for the museum. Its like the fourth building after TBS, beside the City Mall. Last year that I went it was 300. Cameras aren't allowed though.
thanks darling kiss
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by YorubaAssasin: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
IAmSkinny:

He is nice, no doubt but he killed so many unarmed civilians at Asaba.
He is a bloody coup plotter who has a hand in the murder of Ironsi and the anti Igbo progrom.
#fact

You seem a pretty civil individual and hence, I find it worthy to hold a civil conversation as called for.

A retrospective background on the genesis of the Igbo issue and 1966 coup...

The Murder of Ironsi was apparently a revenge counter-coup from the Northerners. Ironsi was a FOOL! (no disrespect). He didn't make the needed strategic moves to bulk himself with the necessary ammunitions when he had the chance.

Major Nzeogwu (God bless his heart... the only gallant Igbo soldier I respect till date) handed power over Northern Nigeria to Ironsi out of respect for his superior office and probably cultural values. To me that was where Igbo gave up their chance to rule.

Ojukwu, who held Maj. Nzeogwu to a ransom as he did him a favor by releasing him after turning himself in to the Fed. gov't. He in turn treated the Major with disdain and disrespect by disarming him even, during the Biafra war. This all becuz of unnecessary pride and ego ( to prove to him who the real boss is in the SE region) as he (Ojukwu) realizes the gallant Major was gaining more popularity and affection than him.

There're very solid, again, I say very solid evidences that Ojukwu strategically killed Major Patrick 'Kaduna' Nzeogwu. He never fought for Biafra as widely believed. cry His murder was well planned that his eyes were gorged out of his skull. cry embarassed He agitated for one Nigerian with Awolowo as the president. He and his men were given shelter by late Tai Solarin at Mayflower in Ikenne.
This was where he surrendered to the FG. Till date, ask any Ex-Mayflower student... there's a very popular road named after him, "Major Chukuma Kaduna Nzeogwu road". Tai Solarin loved him dearly. His own Igbo pple didn't even accord him such regard and reverence. undecided

I'm not objecting your claim regarding the massacre... but, common we all know this is Military where everything is under authoritative command! undecided
Murtala is a very guy that represents the epitome of simplicity and discipline. His coup that ousted Gowon was bloodless. Did you know that Murtala was systematically robbed of the Head-Of-State position given to Gowon. He felt bitter and aggrieved all thru Gowon's 8yrs yet, bloodlessly ousted him.

To be continued ....

1 Like

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by beejaay: 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2018
aybabz101:
In his few months as commander of the federal republic of 9ja, the whole nation witnessed real change. He is d best leader dis nation ever had......with d look of tinz nw, probably will ever have.....jst in 6 months

His only mistake was dat he has a good heart towards his enemies. He retired all those savages who ruined the country @ dat time and banished dat stupid Gowon to exile. these crooks came 2geda and finish him off.

lesson. .......after cutting d head of d snake, burn it and feed it to d pigs coz u neva know.
murtala was God sent to Nigeria but his good heart did not only instigate his demise it also open d door to stupid leaders like OBJ, IBB, Buhari etc. which 9ja is yet to recover from
Shame!!! You don't know your history...only street regurgitated sermon like that of buhari84 stories you know, not the fact as it actually happened
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by ameri9ja: 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Good people no dey last for this country....look at bubu still chilling at 85

THE LEGACY OF THE ASABA MASACRE

On the fateful day, the people trooped out, dressed in their traditional white Asaba attire, chanting “One Nigeria,” waving the Nigerian flag and pledging their loyalty to Nigeria. At the town square, they were addressed by Major Ibrahim Taiwo, who tongue-lashed them and accused the people of Asaba of hiding Biafran soldiers and sympathising with the Biafran soldiers. He threatened to kill all of them. Soldiers mounted machine guns and automatic rifles around the square facing them. It looked like a joke to many of those gathered there.

The Nigerian soldiers asked that the crowd march around the town to ask all those who were inside to come out, so that anybody not at the square would be taken as a dissident. The men and boys were separated from the 
women. The men and boys were marched out. A few metres away, those who had returned from the North and therefore understood Hausa heard a soldier tell other soldiers to take them in little groups of 10 for elimination. Dr Uraih recalled that his elder brother resisted joining the first group of 10 people. He was shot in the back and killed. Some people wanted to flee but were gunned down. And so the guns began to boom as the men and boys were mowed down.

1 Like

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by kernel505: 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
HungerBAD:
This Autojosh sef?

So you want to rub it in that a car gets better maintenance than the country?

Murtala was 37 and President?I am still blaming myself for supporting Buhari.

Hunger Bad, was your Nairaland account hacked?
... Thank God, finally you admitted the fact that Buhari is a failure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by IAmSkinny: 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

You seem like a very civil indiv
I ought to be civil, I am the face of my online business (www.fototech.com.ng) so I just have to arm myself with the proper online etiquette at all times.
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
Murtala the Butcher of Asaba
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by aybabz101: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
beejaay:

Shame!!! You don't know your history...only street regurgitated sermon like that of buhari84 stories you know, not the fact as it actually happened

pls lecture me...i want to know
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by aybabz101: 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
beejaay:

pls lecture me...i want to know.
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
autojosh, how were you allowed to take tbat picture cos i very well know that there is a sign in that museum room where that vehicle is located it is boldly written "No pictures allowed "
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by petenweke: 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
Terrible headline, I think admin should do a basic course in journalism because he oviousely isn't one

1 Like

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by IAmSkinny: 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
ameri9ja:

On the fateful day, the people trooped out, dressed in their traditional white Asaba attire, chanting “One Nigeria,” waving the Nigerian flag and pledging their loyalty to Nigeria. At the town square, they were addressed by Major Ibrahim Taiwo, who tongue-lashed them and accused the people of Asaba of hiding Biafran soldiers and sympathising with the Biafran soldiers. He threatened to kill all of them. Soldiers mounted machine guns and automatic rifles around the square facing them. It looked like a joke to many of those gathered there.

The Nigerian soldiers asked that the crowd march around the town to ask all those who were inside to come out, so that anybody not at the square would be taken as a dissident. The men and boys were separated from the 
women. The men and boys were marched out. A few metres away, those who had returned from the North and therefore understood Hausa heard a soldier tell other soldiers to take them in little groups of 10 for elimination. Dr Uraih recalled that his elder brother resisted joining the first group of 10 people. He was shot in the back and killed. Some people wanted to flee but were gunned down. And so the guns began to boom as the men and boys were mowed down.
A lot of people are oblivious of this historical phenomenon.
I myself was oblivious of this until I stumbled on a wikipedia article last month.
I used to think he was a saint, but not anymore!
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by ameri9ja: 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
aybabz101:

His only mistake was dat he has a good heart towards his enemies. He retired all those savages who ruined the country @ dat time and banished dat stupid Gowon to exile. these crooks came 2geda and finish him off.

lesson. .......after cutting d head of d snake, burn it and feed it to d pigs coz u neva know.
murtala was God sent to Nigeria but his good heart did not only instigate his demise it also open d door to stupid leaders like OBJ, IBB, Buhari etc. which 9ja is yet to recover from

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by ameri9ja: 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
IAmSkinny:

A lot of people are oblivious of this historical phenomenon.
I myself was oblivious of this until I stumbled on a wikipedia article last month.
I used to think he was a saint, but not anymore!

Also he was documentedly quite corrupt.
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by IAmSkinny: 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
ameri9ja:

Also he was documentedly quite corrupt.
Ahhhh! Really? Even had a hand in the anti Igbos 1966 progrom. They ain't no saint in Nigeria after all
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by YorubaAssasin: 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
IAmSkinny:

I ought to be civil, I am the face of my online business (www.fototech.com.ng) so I just have to arm myself with the proper online etiquette at all times.

I updated my response... pls, go back and read it.

Thanks
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by powalez: 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
noble71:
lipsrsealed
this guy must talk
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by ameri9ja: 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
IAmSkinny:

Ahhhh! Really? Even had a hand in the anti Igbos 1966 progrom. They ain't no saint in Nigeria after all

Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by ameri9ja: 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
"Mr. Muhammed was a strikingly different figure from the no-nonsense general many Nigerians believed him to be.

He was not only an arrogant mass murderer, but just as corrupt as those he went after.

And, although brilliant and daring, Mr. Muhammed was an erratic and impetuous ethnic chauvinist who lacked the unifying talent of his predecessor, Yakubu Gowon."
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
Corrinthians:
Rumours have it that Autojosh has bought Nairaland from Seun. angry

where else do you want seun to get his daily bread.
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by aybabz101: 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2018
[quote author=ameri9ja post=66290672][/quote]

"Federal troops revealed machine guns,
and orders were given, reportedly by Second-in-
Command, Maj. Ibrahim Taiwo , to open fire. It is
estimated that more than 700 men and boys were
killed, some as young as 12 years old, in addition to
many more killed in the preceding days."

What happened in Asaba dat very day was a great tragedy in d history of 9ja and this gies to show what tribal sentiments can lead to.

But lets get our facts right b4 we started criticizing. The second in command in d person of Maj Taiwo gave d order in d absence of Gen. Murtala. Maj Taiwo was severely punished after d war.
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by IAmSkinny: 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

You seem a pretty civil individual and hence, I find it worthy to hold a civil conversation as called for.

A retrospective background on the genesis of the Igbo issue and 1966 coup...

The Murder of Ironsi was apparently a revenge counter-coup from the Northerners. Ironsi was a FOOL! (no disrespect). He didn't make the needed strategic moves to bulk himself with the necessary ammunitions when he had the chance.

Major Nzeogwu (God bless his heart... the only gallant Igbo soldier I respect till date) handed power over Northern Nigeria to Ironsi out of respect for his superior office and probably cultural values. To me that was where Igbo gave up their chance to rule.

Ojukwu, who held Maj. Nzeogwu to a ransom as he did him a favor by releasing him after turning himself in to the Fed. gov't. He in turn treated the Major with disdain and disrespect by disarming him even, during the Biafra war. This all becuz of unnecessary pride and ego ( to prove to him who the real boss is in the SE region) as he (Ojukwu) realizes the gallant Major was gaining more popularity and affection than him.

There're very solid, again, I say very solid evidences that Ojukwu strategically killed Major Patrick 'Kaduna' Nzeogwu. He never fought for Biafra as widely believed. cry His murder was well planned that his eyes were gorged out of his skull. cry embarassed He agitated for one Nigerian with Awolowo as the president. He and his men were given shelter by late Tai Solarin at Mayflower in Ikenne.
This was where he surrendered to the FG. Till date, ask any Ex-Mayflower student... there's a very popular road named after him, "Major Chukuma Kaduna Nzeogwu road". Tai Solarin loved him dearly. His own Igbo pple didn't even accord him such regard and reverence. undecided

I'm not objecting your claim regarding the massacre... but, common we all know this is Military where everything is under authoritative command! undecided
Murtala is a very guy that represents the epitome of simplicity and discipline. His coup that ousted Gowon was bloodless. Did you know that Murtala was systematically robbed of the Head-Of-State position given to Gowon. He felt bitter and aggrieved all thru Gowon's 8yrs yet, bloodlessly ousted him.

To be continued ....
I know of his bitterness towards Gowon. Gowon was his superior in the army so he had to stand down and watch Gowon take over power. I am also aware of his bloodless coup; Gowon was out of the country when it happened.
What I really don't get is the whole conspiracy surrounding Kaduna. From my findings, he fought for the Biafran course, but was eventually executed by Ojukwu for treason. Kaduna was brave and daring! Ironsi is the Jonathan of that era if you ask me.
There's no excuse for the atrocities committed by Murtala in Asaba. If you justify the killings, you might as well justify Hitler's crimes against the Jews. Will you still make excuses for him in the role he played in the 1966 anti Igbo progrom?
This whole episode reminds me of Josef Stalin. Hahaha, he is being revered by many people in Russia as a hero.
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by IAmSkinny: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
[quote author=ameri9ja post=66291256][/quote]damn
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by aybabz101: 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
ameri9ja:

THE LEGACY OF THE ASABA MASACRE

pls complete dat page and stop telling ppl half news here. and pls ppl, google asaba masaccre, read and tell me who reportedly gave d order.....
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by femi4: 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
sweerychick:
Please where is national museum located? I want to visit that place kiss
its called National theatre and its located at Iganmu
Re: Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) by SouthEastFacts: 5:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad I remember Dat black day like yesterday. Sleep well sir
You remembered that day? That means you must be at least 50 yrs now and you are here disgracing yourself like a kid. You must be a disgrace to your kids, that is if you have one.

No go hustle. Live on Nairaland and continue disgracing your overaged bittered soul.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback / Soldiers Beat And Flog IPOB Supporters In Isiala Ngwa, Abia (Photos, Video) / Adamu Garba: Shekau’s Death Lesson To Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.