Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:18 AM

Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 (214695 Views)

Unn Admission List 2010/2011 Is Out / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 / Unilorin Admission List Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Mac4u2nv(m): 3:50am On Jun 02, 2010
@vicky,based on d fact dat autonomy has been given to nigerian universities to carry out decisions affectin them single handedly,its likely dat the motion raised cant affect them and if atall its going to it will follow due process which might be a never endin oneundecided, now all this when weighed on a scale, its likely dat post ume will hold but will be closely monitored by delegated authorities as in terms of monetary aspects because thats one major aspect dat d masses are protestin against, so good luck in advance, u sure be needin it, cool
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by muyeskin(m): 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
At OLUMIDE, Well done. God will surely repay you sumday. try as much as possible to help as much as possible. I care. OXYGEN
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by muyeskin(m): 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2010
People watch out for this guy called LINCOLN, he is not real,
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Scooby1(m): 9:39am On Jun 06, 2010
LINCOLNJ88 IS A 419 CROOK, DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL HIM. HE WILL SCAM YOU
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Mac4u2nv(m): 11:35am On Jun 06, 2010
@olumide,pls,i really dont understand u undecided , cos i'm not yet aware of d new development in terms of admission request form,not even d house of reps decision on d post ume thingy, grin no television for my end grin lol, but not withstanding,i hope its genuine info, cool cos i just check d skool website homepage n d registration portal respectively,d info there is for d last admitted students, wher do u reside? In skool or around tanke/tiper garrage? I stay around gerin alimi, i'm a remedial confirmed 100level student, i fit reach skool tomorrow sha, just give me ur 20 n i'll locate u,
@all other posters,pls be warned,dont giv out details to anyone promisin to runs admission 4 you ooo, bloody scams they are ooo, if atall u will b needin runs or anythin,ensure u know d person personally first, when i say know d person personally i mean know him/her reach im village,community,office,church etc, we live in perilous times, cool
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by olumideaeo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2010
Hi,

No information about 2010/2011 admission yet from the University. Please ignore anybody asking you for anything except what is seen on the university's website. www.unilorin.edu.ng

Continue to check the university's website for any information you want.

Hoping to see you here in this great 'better by far' university.

Thanks
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by stnkate(m): 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2010
there is no information about post ume now try and update your self on the school website. call 08085304522 for more information.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by bighead1(m): 11:51am On Jun 08, 2010
how would u expect them to call u are the solution to their problem or what bllllahhh
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by olumideaeo(m): 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2010
Our exam is our World Cup, by Unilorin students
As the World Cup fiesta reaches its fever pitch with several millions of people glued to their
television sets now on a daily basis since last Friday, the students of the University of Ilorin
have said that as far as they are concerned, their second semester examination which begins
today is their World Cup.
For this student who said he is not entirely averse to sports, the upcoming West African
University Games (WAUG) at the University of Ilorin in 2011 will do more than compensate for
any fun he might miss as a result of the clash between ‘exam fever’ and ‘World Cup fever’. On
the forthcoming WAUG, Abdus-Samad said that “it is a big kudos to our VC for bringing
WAUG to Unilorin. Students are happy about the idea and we hope that it will be a landmark
event and a stepping stone that will take the University to greater glory.”
For Ajala Oluwakemi and Eletta Rebecca, both 100 level students of English, their opinions are
not very different. Oluwakemi said that she will definitely be watching matches played in South
Africa but she will be watching the replays, perhaps, after the entire tournament and her
examinations. Missing the excitement of live matches, she said, is not too high a price to pay for
making excellent grades and her life does not depend on watching World Cup but it does depend
on her studies.
Rebecca said that she would watch the Nigeria versus Argentina match that took place last
Saturday but that might be all she would watch of the World Cup. While reflecting on the two
semesters she has spent at the University, she said she sincerely believes that her University is
the best in Nigeria because of its combination of academic excellence with moral training both of
which the University of Ilorin equips students with. Giving example of herself, Rebecca said has
become more enlightened since she joined the University of Ilorin to the vanity of immodest
dressing.
On his part, Oladipo Aina Kayode, a 300 level Microbiology student, his examinations will
always come first and watching the World Cup matches depends on his time table. He said if he
has a break of three days and an African team is playing, he can afford to spare the time to watch
but if not, those who make millions out of football should mind their business while he too will
mind his own examinations and future. He added further that though his examinations clash with
the World Cup, the clash does not constitute any distraction to him and his colleagues who are
serious.
Meanwhile, the University has appointed Faculty examination observers for the 2009/2010 Rain
Semester examinations. According to a statement signed by Mr. Olabisi Adewara on behalf of
the Director of Academic Planning, the Examination Observer for the Faculty of Law is Dr. J. O.
A
The students made this known while speaking with Unilorin Bulletin
at various locations on campus last week.
For Abdus-Samad Temitope Olanrewaju, a student of Computer
Science, “World Cup comes and goes but my exam determines my
future.” Speaking further, Abdus-Samad added that he would rather
give his examinations his full attention and make good grades rather
than be distracted by the World Cup. “Though good grades do not
really determine eventual success in life, but at least a good grade
helps, and it is one of the determining factors in life,” he said.
A cross section of Unilorin students
Olujide while the examinations of the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences will be
superintended over by Prof. A.O. Akinwale. Prof. J. K. Joseph oversees the Faculty of
Communications and Information Science examinations as Prof. (Mrs.) O.E. Olorundare is in
charge of the Faculty of Clinical Science.
Other appointed observers are Prof. J. S. Sadiku, who will be observing the Faculty of Basic
Medical Sciences examinations, Prof. A. A. Adegoke, who will see to the smooth conduct of the
Faculty of Science examinations and Dr. C.J. Ejieji whose duty is to ensure all goes well with the
Faculty of Education.
While Prof. A. Zubair holds fort at the Faculty of Arts as an observer, Prof. T. Akomolafe
oversees the Faculty of Agriculture and Prof. F.E. Ologe keeps watch at the Faculty of
Engineering and Technology. Both Prof. T. O. Opoola and Prof. A. A. Adeloye are to devote
their attention to the Computer Based Examination Centres ensuring that there are no hitches.
While going around the campus last weekend, Unilorin Bulletin observed that students have
converted all the academic areas on campus to reading rooms. While group discussions were
holding at the walkways, the skyways that some students had hitherto turned to runways were
deserted and the libraries and lecture theatre were full to the brim with students reading.
Based on the observation, it appeared evident that as the students said, while various world teams
may be slugging it out with one another on winning the World Cup in South Africa, Unilorin
students are busy slugging it out with their books to achieve success at the end of the second
semester examinations.

check www.unilorin.edu.ng
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by olumideaeo(m): 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
Unilorin’ll be among the world’s best – Ayorinde
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Prof. Kolade L. Ayorinde, has expressed his conviction that
the University of Ilorin is poised not only to be among the very best in Africa but among the best in
the global university system in a matter of few years.
While acknowledging the encouragement given by the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Is-haq O. Oloyede, and the
Council of the University to the success of the retreat, Prof. Ayorinde described the participants as dedicated
officers. He said the hardwork they put in made the retreat to be highly productive.
Among the various documents, totalling more than 1,500 pages, developed are the Strategic Plan, Academic
Brief, Gender Policy, Policy and Procedure on Staff Development, Scholarship and Attendance at Academic
conferences, Policy on HIV/AIDS, Policy on People with Special Needs, Students and Staff Welfare Policy,
Academic Integrity Policy, Facility Management Policy, Research Policy, Security Policy, Environmental
Policy, Unilorin Service Charta, Unilorin ICT Policy, Transparency Policy, etc.
Speaking at the end of a three-day retreat organised by the
University at Whispering Palms, Badagry, the Professor of Animal
Production said that the outcome was wonderful, noting that all the
participants put in their best.
Prof. Ayorinde described the programme as an avenue through
which the University has been able to chart a roadmap that will
guide it in fulfilling its vision of being an international centre of
excellence. He said he was sure that if the documents are
implemented to the letter within the next ten years that the
Academic Brief covers, along with the Strategic Plan the University
of Ilorin will be a global force to be reckoned with.

check www.unilorin.edu.ng
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2010
Hello Nairalanders, i'm big_bug_ben, A STUDENT OF UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN & also reside in ilorin. I would lik to help dose that had picked UNILORIN as either thier first or/and second choice. Help will be rendered on 1.tactics & technique to how to tackle the post-utme 2.give hope to the helpless on admission 3.tell u the utme & post-utme score for each department 4.attend to questions & 5.help to seek admission for those that "passed only". I got to know much abt admission tru a woman i know in the admission office. I equally deduced dat about 60% of candidates not admited may actually be qualified bt they lack infomation & tactics. I'm nt a scammer, so u don't be afraid cos i won't even talk abt money. My services are free, and mind u, i can't promise an admission to any candidate. I will only try my best on candidates that did thier best in both utme & post-utme. If u hav any question, u may reply to any post of mine in any thread on this site or pm ur request to me, goodluck.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2010
UNILORIN RAIN SEMESTER is in progress, it has started since June 14th and very like to end by July 6th and Preliminary Studies (REMS) Exams will take effect respectively. Unilorin will surely conduct post-utme this year. Between 7th & 12th July (i'm nt to precise bout the date), Unilorin will officialy announce the commencement of the post-utme registration on the sch website & it's likely to attract up to #1,000 + bank charges according the condition given in conducting any further post-utme. The post utme itself is likely to take place starting either on 21th or 26th of July (i.e for registered candidate) and it would end anytime pending on the numbers of registered candidate. Enough facilities has been provided to make sure large numbers of post-utme candidate are attended to everyday and therefore d post utme may not last for long as b4, so u are advied to register as early as possible when d registration starts.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by ifkunlethe: 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2010
perhaps u should start by telling us which site will be used for the process of posting one's result online now that ilorin said all candidate should post their result.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2010
Kunle, that's a wrong information. The post-jamb is certain, alot of pple cook up stories of thier own.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by tigerpaws(f): 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2010
stnkate:

there is no information about post ume now try and update your self on the school website. call 08085304522 for more information.

Get lost!

Thief
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by bighead1(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2010
may GOD kill all scammers
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by ifkunlethe: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2010
big_bug_ben:

Kunle, that's a wrong information. The post-jamb is certain, alot of pple cook up stories of thier own.

how did they manage 2 post that on unilorin portal? if you checked well, you will not only see the info but also some pictures of great schoolers and profs.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 23, 2010
tigerpaws, stnkate or whatever u might call urself, i don't tolerate nonsense abt calling me names pls. i don't care if anyone of u are site admins. @all & kunle: don't mix 2 thing together, unilorin portal are strictly meant for both newly admitted, old students & staff of the uni of ilorin, and besides no info like post-utme on the portal. U may check on the NEWS & EVENTS PAGE section of the sch website where all events & schedules are pasted through this link: http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/unilorin/index.php/news-and-events
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Nobody: 5:05am On Jun 23, 2010
Congratulations to those that chosen Unilorin as thier 1st or/and 2nd choice & as equally scored 200points & above in their UTME. By next month, University of ilorin will officialy announce the opening of the submittion of results of candidate. CUT OFF MARK as 200 & 240 for MBBS, IJMB 10points & 13points for MBBS (medicine & surgery) but there still some secret to cut-off of each department, only people in the system can know that, i'll narrate the story shortly.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Skmoda360(m): 9:10am On Jun 23, 2010
big_bug_ben:

Congratulations to those that chosen Unilorin as thier 1st or/and 2nd choice & as equally scored 200points & above in their UTME. By next month, University of ilorin will officialy announce thier UTME CUT OFF MARK as 200 & 240 for MBBS, IJMB 10points & 13points for MBBS (medicine & surgery) but there still some secret to cut-off of each department, only people in the system can know that, i'll narrate the story shortly.
who are u to unilorin a student or lecturer,that u wil come here and dictate to us,if student u beta go nd face your exam.tscheeeeeew
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by olumideaeo(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2010
Unilorin fixes minimum admission cut-off at 200
The admission cut off for the 2010/2011 admission for the candidates of the Unified Tertiary Institutions Matriculation Examinations (UTME) is 200 as the University of Ilorin retains the usual cut-off mark adopted since years ago.

For candidates who want to study Medicine, the admission cut-off, as usual, is also 240 while the O’ level results to be presented must have been obtained at a single sitting. Some other courses also have their minimum cut-off points above 200. The University reached this decision at the end of the 210th Senate meeting last Friday.

The deadline for the online submission of candidates’ results to be used to process the admission was fixed at August 15, 2010 while all provisionally admitted students will be interviewed by their Departments.

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/latestnews/Unilorin%20fixes%20minimum%20admission%20cut.htm
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by tigerpaws(f): 11:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
big_bug_ben:

tigerpaws, stnkate or whatever u might call urself, i don't tolerate nonsense abt calling me names pls. i don't care if anyone of u are site admins. @all & kunle: don't mix 2 thing together, unilorin portal are strictly meant for both newly admitted, old students & staff of the uni of ilorin, and besides no info like post-utme on the portal. U may check on the NEWS & EVENTS PAGE section of the sch website where all events & schedules are pasted through

Are you ok? Where did i call you names? 
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Amospee: 10:45am On Jun 25, 2010
[b]GOOD NEWS GUYS, CUT OF MARKS IS 200 AND FOR MEDICINE IS 240

Unilorin fixes minimum admission cut-off at 200

The admission cut off for the 2010/2011 admission for the candidates of the Unified Tertiary Institutions Matriculation Examinations (UTME) is 200 as the University of Ilorin retains the usual cut-off mark adopted since years ago.

For candidates who want to study Medicine, the admission cut-off, as usual, is also 240 while the O’ level results to be presented must have been obtained at a single sitting. Some other courses also have their minimum cut-off points above 200. The University reached this decision at the end of the 210th Senate meeting last Friday.

The deadline for the online submission of candidates’ results to be used to process the admission was fixed at August 15, 2010 while all provisionally admitted students will be interviewed by their Departments.

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/latestnews/Unilorin%20fixes%20minimum%20admission%20cut.htm,

I WISH YOU GUYS THE BEST,

[/b]
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by mystolad(m): 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2010
@olumide, i scored 189 in utme. is there any hope?, meanwhile i'm 4rn kwara state,
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by mystolad(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2010
kindly help me out i score 189, wat can i do, meanwhile is there part time studies in ilorin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (229) (Reply)

Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University / FUT Minna 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.