Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,767 members, 7,938,327 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? (1933 Views)

Is The Bible Truly In Support Of Child Marriage / Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child / Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In Pretoria,south Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Kay17: 1:24pm On May 14, 2010
toba:

In addition to the above, if we can see God also sees, as we think to reason intelligently,God does same. For instance one of the argument for Gods existence is that 'an intelligently designed, designed by an intelligent designer'

Same way man intelligently designs many things that makes pple go a wire. So not that God looks like me or like mukina or jesoul, but man can do things in Gods semblance. Not all things though
man creates car, god creates man, then who creates god?
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:37pm On May 14, 2010
[size=13pt]Good point dear. . . .who created God?[/size]
Kay 17:

man creates car, god creates man, then who creates god?
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Maykelly(f): 5:12pm On May 14, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Good point dear. . . .who created God?[/size]

is a fool's reply - instead who created you?
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Zodiac61(m): 12:05am On May 15, 2010
If god made man in his own image, what ethnicity is god?
What colour are his eyes and hair?
Is he circumcised?
Does he wee and poo?
How long is his hair?
Is he bearded or clean shaven?
How tall is he?
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by FMK(m): 7:39am On May 15, 2010
front of the mirror contemplate yourself what kind of image you got
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by mazaje(m): 12:11am On May 16, 2010
@ Toba

You keep running round in a circle. . . .You are ALWAYS missing the point entirely. . . . . .  You are attempting to say that an atheist cannot prove there is no god, therefore the argument is a stalemate?  VERY WRONG!  Any time a person says "prove there is no god", that person has failed to understand the basic idea that making a claim such as "there is a god" requires a burden of proof. . . . .   The atheist has no burden of proof whatsoever in this debate.

Atheists would not exist had there never been a god assertion in the first place. . . . . .  There was never a time, prior to all known gods, when someone boldly proclaimed "there is no god" has there? There has never been such a time . . . .   The statement f no god came after the original assertion that there is a god and that statement is largely a response to the original, which if you'll remember has never been proven at all.

If no god has ever been proven over the entirety of humanity, and there have been many gods created by many cultures and religions, then the original assertion still holds the burden of proof.  Even though I technically cannot prove there is no god, I can remain unmoved by all god claims, and simply respond with, "no, there is no god."  I could easily change my position on this issue if there was even one tiny shred of evidence that something like a god was "at the controls".  But alas, every single god ever invented has fallen woefully short of being in any way objectively identified and shown to actually exist. . . .Rather there is abundant evidence to show that all gods were ceated by men (your god inclusive). . . . Throughout human history, all gods have been posited through some appeal to emotion or faith, or even pure imagination as far as I can tell.
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Krayola(m): 12:22am On May 16, 2010
It really bothers me to see Nigerians defending this Jewish religion/fantasy. It's so fukn silly that it makes me cringe when I see intelligent well educated people fight so hard for this crap. It's heart breaking. It's so obvious this stuff is fairy tales. Full grown adults waiting for trumpets to blow and all kinds of walt Disney stuff to happen. Una no get brain?
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Kay17: 12:37am On May 16, 2010
Despite, man's astonishing progress in science and its unlimited application to our survival, he keeps superstition and idiocy as his closet companions.
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Nobody: 1:05am On May 16, 2010
Mazaje. The simple truth u said already is that u simply cant prove theres no god.u may as well ignore the theist that says theres a God.Well i believe in one thing,u can force a horse to the stream but u cant force it to drink water.Theist&atheists belongs to 2 sides of the divide.Atheist 'theres no god but no logical evidence to prove.Theist 'theres a God with evidence but not scientific.'Even science never rules out a possibility of a God but for now science is still researching,like the evolutionist not rule out an intelligent designer.My point of view is not to persuade,but to state.If its accepted/not i loose nothing.Rem we all have nothing at stake on NL.We are here to catch fun.In conclussion we shall continue to see things about 'God' differently except something exatraordinary happens to make the theist&atheist agree on 'God factor'
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by ilosiwaju: 2:53pm On May 16, 2010
Man has walked on moon, created cell phones, airplanes, broken down DNA, performed heart surgeries etc and we still expect a dead jew. Humanity could be painfully backward at times.
toba:

Mazaje. The simple truth u said already is that u simply cant prove theres no god.u may as well ignore the theist that says theres a God.Well i believe in one thing,u can force a horse to the stream but u cant force it to drink water.Theist&atheists belongs to 2 sides of the divide.Atheist 'theres no god but no logical evidence to prove.Theist 'theres a God with evidence but not scientific.'[b]Even science never rules out a possibility of a God but for now science is still researching,like the evolutionist not rule out an intelligent designer.[/b]My point of view is not to persuade,but to state.If its accepted/not i loose nothing.Rem we all have nothing at stake on NL.We are here to catch fun.In conclussion we shall continue to see things about 'God' differently except something exatraordinary happens to make the theist&atheist agree on 'God factor'
In the order of the bolded parts.
a. Logically, the burden of truth falls on the person making the claim.
b. Evidence but not scientific? What kind of evidence is that mr toba? Spiritual evidence or pure intuition? Please clarify.
c. If science is not ruling out something, how come God peddlers are already sure about the answer given their plenty error-filled assertions in the past. To name a few:
- A flat earth.
- Epilepsy as a symptom of being possessed by evil spirits.
In these few respects, science already has more credibility than any form of evidence on the contrary. Your argument is like comparing telepathy(non-scientific evidence) to telecommunications(scientifically valid).

You may want to clarify your view sir so i can understand you better.
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by mazaje(m): 5:00pm On May 16, 2010
toba:

Mazaje. The simple truth u said already is that u simply cant prove theres no god.u may as well ignore the theist that says theres a God.Well i believe in one thing,u can force a horse to the stream but u cant force it to drink water.Theist&atheists belongs to 2 sides of the divide.Atheist 'theres no god but no logical evidence to prove.Theist 'theres a God with evidence but not scientific.'Even science never rules out a possibility of a God but for now science is still researching,like the evolutionist not rule out an intelligent designer.My point of view is not to persuade,but to state.If its accepted/not i loose nothing.Rem we all have nothing at stake on NL.We are here to catch fun.In conclussion we shall continue to see things about 'God' differently except something exatraordinary happens to make the theist&atheist agree on 'God factor'

I asked you to tell me if any body came out and talked about god not existing before the god hypothesis was first porposed. . . .Theist have NO evidence for any god. . . .If I ask you to provide evidence to show that your god exists I know you will start pointing to the things that exist or point to the bible a book that was written and manipulated by men which you have been conditioned to believe is god’s word . Theist just believe and thats it. Belief is not evidence at all, My real problem with faith and believers is NO ONE worships the same Jesus, the same Yahweh Or the same Allah, people just have different conceptions of who these gods are supposed to be based on the up bringing, church doctorine, or personal opinion. . . . .Believers ALWAYS write their own story of their own god  they go along. Me? I write my own views too as I go along, but I base them on what's really happening around the globe and in the universe.
The entire faith argument is sad.  It reminds us all that it is perfectly OK to accept, in pure faith, whatever it is that makes you happy.  To hell with the fact that nothing objective can be stated, shown, or proven by the entire ridiculous delusion.
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by jesus3: 5:28pm On May 16, 2010
@mazeje if i get u correctly, you saying the burden of proof of God lies with the theist. You re right,yet the atheist that asserts a contrary view must be able to give evidence/proof to back hs/her view.
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by mazaje(m): 5:40pm On May 16, 2010
jesus.:

@mazeje if i get u correctly, you saying the burden of proof of God lies with the theist. You re right,yet the atheist that asserts a contrary view must be able to give evidence/proof to back hs/her view.

All gods were created by men and there is more than enough evidence to show for it. . . .Yahweh the god of israel and the jews who was created by the ancient jews and the superstitions and cultural beliefs, allah the god that was also created by mohammed and his cronies the god that is alleged to speak only arabic, sango the god of thunder who was created by the ancient yorubas and their superstitions, vishnu a goddess created by the ancient indians etc. . . . .All gods remain imaginary and man made. . . . .
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by jesus3: 12:49pm On May 17, 2010
mazaje:

All gods were created by men and there is more than enough evidence to show for it. . . .Yahweh the god of israel and the jews who was created by the ancient jews and the superstitions and cultural beliefs, allah the god that was also created by mohammed and his cronies the god that is alleged to speak only arabic, sango the god of thunder who was created by the ancient yorubas and their superstitions, vishnu a goddess created by the ancient indians etc. . . . .All gods remain imaginary and man made. . . . .

You are correct that all gods are created by men. But God created men and men in turn created gods.
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by mazaje(m): 2:50pm On May 17, 2010
jesus.:

You are correct that all gods are created by men. But God created men and men in turn created gods.

Men created all the Gods including your God who the ancient jews created and named Yahweh. . . . .
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Kay17: 3:45pm On May 17, 2010
jesus.:

Originally, the theist who asserts the existence of God or gods, naturally bears the burden of proof. The atheist who doubts, has as proof, the lack of evidence on the part of the theist on the existence of God or gods. The wide variation of God or gods according to cultures and geographical locations, is indicative of the creation by man.
jesus.:

Because you are afflicted with the certitude of the existence of God, makes you no different from a Mormon or Muslim or Hindu, or Buddhist, who are as equally convinced as you are.

Maybe the fewer gods the better, One is okay, NONE is far better!
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Jesus2: 3:56pm On May 17, 2010
mazaje:

Men created all the Gods including your God who the ancient jews created and named Yahweh. . . . .

U may as well prove ur case that God was created by man with substantial evidences
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Jesus2: 4:01pm On May 17, 2010
Kay 17:

Originally, the theist who asserts the existence of God or gods, naturally bears the burden of proof. The atheist who doubts, has as proof, the lack of evidence on the part of the theist on the existence of God or gods. The wide variation of God or gods according to cultures and geographical locations, is indicative of the creation by man.Because you are afflicted with the certitude of the existence of God, makes you no different from a Mormon or Muslim or Hindu, or Buddhist, who are as equally convinced as you are.

When proving a case in the law court both the despondent and the respondent are to present thier cases different without relying on the others' claims as evidence

Kay 17:

Maybe the fewer gods the better, One is okay, NONE is far better!

Yea there are many gods created by man, but the God almight is complete different and stands alone and unique as one
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by PastorAIO: 4:22pm On May 17, 2010
@PhoenixChi,

Is your mother called Melanie Brown by any chance? I had imagined that Mel's daughter was much younger than you seem, and not so 9ja at all.
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by thehomer: 8:53am On May 18, 2010
Jesus2:

When proving a case in the law court both the despondent and the respondent are to present thier cases different without relying on the others' claims as evidence

There are several lines to follow as evidence for the very low probability (i.e as much probability as there is a Zeus, Thor and Flying Spaghetti Monster) as there is a Christian God.

Logical incoherence, biblical errors, bible history and origins among other things.

Jesus2:

Yea there are many gods created by man, but the God almight is complete different and stands alone and unique as one

Which one is the God almighty? Which theist group is he with?
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:55pm On May 22, 2010
[size=13pt]Christians would always call wise one's fool .[/size]
May kelly:

is a fool's reply - instead who created you?
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Osama10(m): 4:30am On Jun 14, 2010
True, yes we were created in his own likeness.
Re: Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2010
grin grin grin wink

Osama10:

True, yes we were created in his own likeness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think The Nigerian Originated Church Denominations Are Failing! / Myths And Truths Of Atheism / Where In The Bible Is A Pastor Referred To As A "Man Of God"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.