Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,332 members, 7,943,825 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:48 AM

Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? (3520 Views)

Cahill & Costa Doubtful For Arsenal Clash / Oshoala: Ikorodu Stands Still For World Cup Heroine / Messi Doubtful For Barcelona Opener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by shilling(f): 7:53pm On May 08, 2010
^ ^ ^
lmao.
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by BloodShed1: 8:12pm On May 08, 2010
chamotex:

This is goodnews for the Nigerian team

LMAO!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by emmaf5542(m): 8:31pm On May 08, 2010
Mikel is a good player,but all through his career, he has been over rated.
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by otokx(m): 9:16pm On May 08, 2010
Nigeria as a team is doubtful for the World Cup
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by sheriffman(m): 11:31pm On May 08, 2010
Mikel Obi is an overrated player,only Chelsea fans will see anything good in that boy,as far as I am concerned WE DO NOT NEED HIM AT THE WORLD CUP
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by chelseabmw(m): 12:00am On May 09, 2010
i hope he gets well too
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by lastpage: 2:40am On May 09, 2010
How did anyone miss the build-up to 2morrows premiership final?
The Clip showed Mikel and it was stated that HE WAS INJURED AND HAD TO GO FOR SURGERY

I very much doubt if he will be healed, fit and match ready before the World Cup.

I dont like his "attitude" at all but l do recognize his talent, even way back in the Olympics

By the way,no matter the level of talent you have, if you have a bad behavior/attitude, you can only go as far.
Go ask Etim Esim, by far one of the most talented Nigerian footballer l have ever seen.

Jay-Jay is another example of naked talent but good attitude got Jay-Jay this far meanwhile,
its wishful thinking for Jay-Jay to dream of a comeback!
Dont tell me he is another Roja Milla! grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by Haola(m): 12:06pm On May 14, 2010
Am nt sure mikel wl b fit 4 world cup. We pray d best wl b unveil.okocha out of line,
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by Haola(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2010
Am nt sure mikel wl b fit 4 world cup. We pray d best wl b unveil.okocha out of line,
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by chidichris(m): 12:36pm On May 14, 2010
wether he play for nigeria in sa or not, mikel is made for life.
somewhere else, world class players like zanetti of inter was left out so if nairalanders will drop mikel, he is still mikel.
if mikel not going to sa with the eagles will bring home the cup, let it be so.
but check him out on his champions jersey.

Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by abeldavey: 6:35pm On May 14, 2010
the guy is good and he is our most reliable midfielder 4 now. let's stop axing him down. he can be a beta player in d nearest future. 4 a player who started as an attacking mf and playing as a defensive mf in chelsea, only 2 come and playback as an attacking mf in 9ja, isn't easy. i respect de boy.
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2010
We won't even miss him if he does not make it to the world cup.
Siasia went all the way to the Olympic final without him and the truth is Mikel does not
bring anything special to the S.Eagles not anymore

Ope oooooooooooooooo

We wont miss him
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by chidichris(m): 7:33am On May 15, 2010
80k british pounds in a week multiply by 52 and u multiply by 5.
how will u miss him when all u do is to eat from hand to mouth.
the gap between u and him is like from here to australia.
but believe me, mikel is not the course of ur frustrated life.
i suggest that u use mikel as a point of contact. u can ask God to bless u like he did for mikel and i bet u, ur life will never fremain the same.
if u don't envy mikel, say it loud, God i don't want to be like mikel.
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by lamlad: 6:08pm On May 15, 2010
he wil be by Gods grace wink wink wink
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by honeric01(m): 7:34pm On May 16, 2010
kel back in training

Posted: 2010-05-16 17:06

John Mikel has returned to training, but will miss this week's first squad meeting with Technical Adviser Lars Lagerback, as well as the Presidential Dinner in Abuja.

The midfiedler has started light running but is continuing his rehabilitation from knee meniscus surgery.

Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan is expected to send off the team at a dinner in Abuja on May 20.

The day before the dinner, Lagerback will meet up with his squad for the first time since being appointed in March but Mikel's representative John Shittu told KickOffNigeria.com that the Chelsea midfielder would be unable to make the gathering

"He has started running and is training again but he is still undergoing rehab after his surgery and he will be unable to come to Abuja this week," Shittu told KickOffNigeria.com.

Mikel, who told KickOffNigeria.com that he would be out for two only weeks, is making good progress after having his torn meniscus repaired.

Shittu says he will be fit to take part in Nigeria's World Cup build-up.

"Every thing is going well, there are no complications and he will be available to take part in the preparations for the World Cup."

On Saturday, Mikel picked up an FA Cup winners medal with Chelsea despite missing the Final.

"I just got my medal in the dressing-room," he told KickOffNigeria.com after picking up the prize piece of silverware.

Nigeria play Saudi Arabia, Colombia and North Korea before their opening game on June 12 against Argentina.

http://kickoffnigeria.com/news/15423/mikel-back-in-training.php
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by blank(f): 11:20pm On May 17, 2010
Wow! My first topic and its making it to the front page?

Thanks guys for all the responses. Guess its a moot point now that Mikel has started training.
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by jokingmary(m): 9:49am On May 18, 2010
not good cry
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by chidichris(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2010
Wow! My first topic and its making it to the front page?

Thanks guys for all the responses. Guess its a moot point now that Mikel has started training.

@blanc,
are u surprised? don't be. as long as you have any negative news about mikel, u will remain in the front page.
Re: Mikel Obi Doubtful For World Cup? by blank(f): 3:25pm On May 19, 2010
chidichris:

@blanc,
are u surprised? don't be. as long as you have any negative news about mikel, u will remain in the front page.

Then let me dig up more negative stories about him lol. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Odds Comparison In Nigeria / The Croatian President Who Was A Hot Model / West Ham Utd Football Stars Strip Naked For 'feelemfriday"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.