Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,741 members, 7,875,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! (600 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / Bomb Survivor, Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi Advises Jonathan On Nigeria / Buhari Advises Jonathan. Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! by wales(m): 4:28pm On May 07, 2010
Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Olu Falae, has urged our president, Goodluck Jonathan, not to contest for the presidency in the 2011 general elections.

Mr. Falae ,while speaking with reporters on the death of Mr. Yar’Adua, said Mr. Jonathan should rather concentrate on how to conduct a credible election for the nation in 2011. “If Jonathan does not contest in the presidential election, it will enable him to organise a credible, free and fair election for the country,” he said. “If he, however, decides to run for presidency, he should be careful and choose his running mate from the North, to maintain a balance in the nation’s political equation.”

The former All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) presidential candidate described the death of Mr. Yar’Adua as unfortunate and a great loss to Nigeria.

“Yar’Adua’s death is unfortunate; it is highly painful that some people played politics with his protracted ill-health,” he said. “He meant well for Nigeria but his ill-health prevented him from leaving a good legacy for the country. But I think I am happy for him now that he is dead, for he will rest having passed through what he experienced,” Kano State governor, Ibrahim Shekarau said. Nigeria has lost a great leader in late Mr. Yar’Adua, whose contributions and sacrifice to the nation will for long be remembered. He described late Mr. Yar’Adua’s input to the democratic dispensation in Nigeria as immense, adding that his stance on the rule of law was outstanding.

To the new president, Goodluck Jonathan, he expressed the hope that God will guide him to continue with the good work where his predecessor has stopped.

The Action Congress (AC) on Thursday hailed the smooth succession in the presidency, following the death of President Umaru Yar’Adua, saying it shows Nigeria is now on a sound democratic footing and that it is ready to join the comity of free nations.

In a statement issued in Katsina Thursday by its National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, the party also paid glowing tributes to the late president, describing him as a man of integrity and uncommon humility.

Maturing democracy

It said the swearing in of Acting President Goodluck Jonathan as President, without any hitch, shows there is always a silver lining in every cloud, and has proven that Nigerian can rise above any challenge when it matters most, by upholding the constitution and the rule of law.

“A few months ago, there were speculations all over the place that certain parts of the country will not allow Jonathan to be sworn in as president, if necessary. But today, those speculations have been put to rest,” he said. “In a way, the smooth transition is a tribute to the late president, whose administration made transparency and the rule of law its mantra. It is also a fallout of the robust discourse that took place during the long absence of the late president, and a great credit to the Nigerian military, which has now subjected itself to constitutionality and the rule of law,” the AC said.

The party said Mr. Yar‘Adua will also be remembered for the amnesty he granted the militants in the Niger Delta, which has been widely acknowledged as a success even though his illness truncated its smooth implementation,

The party also hailed the late president for his moral transparency, in becoming the first Nigerian leader to publicly declare his assets.

“The best tribute that can be paid to Yar’Adua is for President Jonathan to bequeath to the nation an electoral reform that will guarantee a free and fair election in 2011, and continue with the implementation of the amnesty programme to restore lasting peace to the Niger Delta,” the AC said.

Also yesterday, a chairman of the All-Progressive Grand Alliance ( APGA), Chekwas Okorie, described Mr. Yar’ Adua’s death as not only painful but a great loss to the nation. Okorie, in a telephone interview, said the late Yar’Adua would remain in the hearts of Nigerians as one president to have admitted the fraud in the process that brought him to office.

“The only legacy President Goodluck Jonathan owes Yar’Adua is to ensure that the 2011 elections are carried out smoothly, without any form of rigging, thuggery or arsonists,” he said.

Link:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5565110-147/falae_advises_jonathan_not_to_contest.csp

Re: Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! by jarkbauer: 4:47pm On May 07, 2010
why shouldt he?he has very right to
Re: Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! by Spyker: 5:36pm On May 07, 2010
Everybody now wants to advise President Goodluck. If i were Goodluck, i will make sure that i use EFCC and ICPC pursue those who don't want me to contest. Presidency na North birth right?
Re: Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! by rebranded(m): 5:53pm On May 07, 2010
I told Falae the 15times he tried to contest also but he never listened to me, so Jonathan doesnt need to listen to this power hungry man
Re: Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! by sjeezy8: 7:06pm On May 07, 2010
falae is only saying that because hes an idiot who knows Jonathan can win if he contest. As of right now Almost the whole south and middle small parts of the north are ready to vote for Jonathan.

Any other candidate is more likely to lose.
Re: Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! by formunt(m): 11:18pm On May 07, 2010
leave him alone let him make up his mind maggots of pdp
Re: Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! by formunt(m): 11:20pm On May 07, 2010
this is one of the men that sold south to the norths
Re: Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! by udezue(m): 11:53pm On May 07, 2010
Jonathan can decide for himself what he wants to do. I am not so much of a fan coz I want to see some positive results before joining the band-wagon. The one person I am sure of is Donald Duke because i have seen him perform as a governor of a state and he did well with limited resources. He has a track record. As Falae he needs to get a life. Why must the VP be a Northerner? So if cattle herder is the best the North can produce he must pick him to satisfy who? Jonathan can even pick Donald Duke, Ebitu Ukiwe or Peter Obi. These men have some good track record.
Re: Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! by udezue(m): 11:59pm On May 07, 2010
Or maybe Mrs Rebrander Dora Akunyili lol or Fashola. I think its time people quit worry themselves about what these gworo eaters think or want and move forward jare. The only section worth listening is the middle-belt.
Re: Falae Advises Jonathan Not To Contest 2011 Election ! by redsun(m): 12:07am On May 08, 2010
Nigeria's salvation is a case of sacrifice,anybody that is ready to give all that he or she got for the good of all will take the paddle,it is not a matter of choice but a call of duty and the person must do it right.

For you to rule,you must be good,i'st either you are a criminal or a humane person,you can't be both at the same time.And no amount of responsibility will be too little to be unaccounted for.

(1) (Reply)

Jos Crises: Is IBB Responsible? / A Crying Governor! / Africa "Good Leader" £3.2 Million Prize Fails Again To Find Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.