Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,827 members, 7,915,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:31 PM

"Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says (16421 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of The Cars His Wife And Himself Use / Mark Zuckerberg Announces New WhatsApp Reactions / Mark Zuckerberg’s Properties, Cars, $400 Grey Shirts (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by EmmyDJourno: 8:32am On Apr 05, 2018
KratosCorp:
You guys are just being phobic over silly propaganda. This whole crap you read are pure falsehoods sponsored by closet communists because they cannot stand the resurgence of nationalism. There was zero data breech at Facebook. And there is nothing wrong in giving advertisers insightful data to help make their messaging more relevant to you. If you hate adverts so much, then stop using the platform and migrate to a paid alternative. Facebook is free because of paid adverts.

Price shares of Facebook have fallen by $50B, Zuck has admitted there was a breach, issued an apology now investors are calling for him to step down from the board, relinquishing his 60% decision making stake on the board

And you are here calling it a propaganda sad

You must be stuck on Lai Mohammed's stunts grin

3 Likes

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by nnokwa042(m): 8:39am On Apr 05, 2018
Engraced2020:
Mark Nzuberg should resign jare..if it were to be a blackman all these white hawks will be the first to champion his resignation

Get your Lifetime Premium Grammarly Account for just a token, please I need serious buyers not 'I wee get back to you' crew
you mean black man like dangote or Glo network? In western countries both dangote and otedola will still be serving their 60 years jail sentence,so leave oyibo people alone dem try no 've small
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Maxcollins042(m): 8:41am On Apr 05, 2018
holuphisayor:

Facebook have been a valuable tool,how do you expect him to directly know the data was used to influence election?
I don't use Facebook for data analysis, I use twitter and I could mine data using hashtags, get tweet locations ,plot them on a map and perform statistical analysis like frequency of tweets etc. So, you expect twitter to know my motive if its political or research? They have asked him to restrict data access and I think he's succumbed. what else?
The customer trust has dwindled. That's just it.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by IdeyFindWife: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2018
Luukasz:
Jealous of him for releasing personal data's of people illegitimately??

Some Nigerians abysmal lack of commonsense is quite underrated.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Edenic1(m): 8:44am On Apr 05, 2018
obrigado080:
People are really ignorant
They think zuckerberg owns facebook...
For ur info FB and social media is a CIA spying tool. social media, search engines, high tech gadgets etc are used by the american govt, and her agencies (controlled by the deep state) to gather intelligence and maintain their grip on the globe.
The Chinese know this, that,s why u cant access FB, twitter etc in china. China created its own social media for its people....

As long as u use social media & search engines, as long as u use android and ios, as long as u use gmail & yahoomail, etc - THEY KNOW ABOUT YOU...
Zuckerberg is just a front (actor), so he may be sacrificed as a scapegoat, while the deep state continues with their business.

They successfully deceived u all
Ha ha ha ha...
how do you know??

1 Like

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by KratosCorp: 8:52am On Apr 05, 2018
You are just ignorant.

1. Give a link to where Zuck admitted to data breach in relation to Cambridge Analytica.
2. Every darn thing you listed there was a result of the silly propaganda.

Learn to think straight.

EmmyDJourno:

Price shares of Facebook have fallen by $50B, Zuck has admitted there was a breach, issued an apology now investors are calling for him to step down from the board, relinquishing his 60% decision making stake on the board

And you are here calling it a propaganda sad

You must be stuck on Lai Mohammed's stunts grin
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by hypnotic(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2018
The spirit of the guys he snitched to start facebook has come calling
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by BoxplayAfrica: 8:56am On Apr 05, 2018
Amirullaha:
Quit because of bugs he wasn't aware of...

Travis kalanick of Uber also had to quit because of some sexual offence he knew nothing about. What is helping Mark Zuckerberg is that he has the controlling share at Facebook, unless he resigns voluntarily they can't unseat him.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by BoxplayAfrica: 8:59am On Apr 05, 2018
udemzy101:

Where are they?
Help me ask him oooo. I pray Facebook does not end up like MySpace
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by mzangy: 9:05am On Apr 05, 2018
EbolaParasite:

Somebody just watched Jason Bourne and thinks he knows it all..... grin shocked shocked

But the dude is right..
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by KratosCorp: 9:08am On Apr 05, 2018
The bolded is what this whole brouhaha is all about. And I tell you it's super sickening that even the obviously smart folks like you fall for this blind herd mentality.

What the Bleep is wrong in audience research and targeted political advertising?

Obama campaign was literally in bed with Facebook. Same with Hillary. So what the heck is the problem?

It is so delusional to keep denying that Trump was duly and legitimately ELECTED as POTUS.

So freaking retarded, mad and treasonous to claim that Trump election was INFLUENCED by Facebook or anyone but the AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Maxcollins042:

The problem here is that facebook users are peeved for the fact that Zuckerberg after he discovered that around 50 million data of his network users were mined illegally, he did little to nothing to inform them of this development.

Quite alright he made us to understand that after the Cambridge Analytica sickening modus operandi was revealed, that they had assured him that the illegally acquired data have been erased but what efforts did he make to ascertain the veracity of this claim?

This has even lead to many making an assumption that he influenced the last American presidential election which saw Trump emerge victorious. This has also amounted to humongous dip in the market capitalization of facebook and its investors are losing serious cash.

One of the best measures that they can employ currently is to rejig the board of directors as this will somehow restore the trust people have in facebook, curtail the increasing loses and drive up their market capitalization.

1 Like

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by EarthXmetahuman: 9:21am On Apr 05, 2018
eleojo23:
They want to remove him from his position as chairman of a company he founded.

This oyibo people sef...
Facebook is now a cooperation, not a one man company.

3 Likes

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by smile4chris(m): 9:31am On Apr 05, 2018
That's how dey sacked Steve Jobs from Apple in the 90's , rehired him again Wen d company started to sink
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:38am On Apr 05, 2018
obrigado080:
For ur info FB and social media is a CIA spying tool. social media, search engines, high tech gadgets etc are used by the american govt, and her agencies (controlled by the deep state) to gather intelligence and maintain their grip on the globe.
The Chinese know this, that,s why u cant access FB, twitter etc in china. China created its own social media for its people....

As long as u use social media & search engines, as long as u use android and ios, as long as u use gmail & yahoomail, etc - THEY KNOW ABOUT YOU...
Zuckerberg is just a front (actor), so he may be sacrificed as a scapegoat, while the deep state continues with their business.

Ha ha ha ha...
You got it right. You made me remember Echelon "The five eyes". They have used him Zuckerberg, now it is time to drop him.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:46am On Apr 05, 2018
Since Zuckerberg(aka Sugar mountain) "his name sounds german" admitted he made that mistake, I think he should step down as the CEO or else, his company will fall like pack of cards. What is my own self, the CIA have used him for their project, it is time to use another person.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by EmmyDJourno: 10:09am On Apr 05, 2018
KratosCorp:
You are just ignorant.

1. Give a link to where Zuck admitted to data breach in relation to Cambridge Analytica.
2. Every darn thing you listed there was a result of the silly propaganda.

Learn to think straight.

I agree, I'm ignorant cheesy

He who knows what he is saying needs not argue

You are asking for link, bro, just Google the words, and you find your answer

This conversation is a waste of my time, so please get off my mentions

I won't ask nicely again smiley

2 Likes

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by franugo(m): 10:11am On Apr 05, 2018
STILESGANG:
Beefing for monetizing users private information?. Unlike you these guys don't reason with sentiment. He made a grave mistake and he should face the music. Nigerians and their mentality sha.

monetizing?? I thought the article said it was a bug dt allowed Cambridge analytica access to people's data?? Where did u see the monetization aspect ?
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Maxcollins042(m): 10:17am On Apr 05, 2018
KratosCorp:
The bolded is what this whole brouhaha is all about. And I tell you it's super sickening that even the obviously smart folks like you fall for this blind herd mentality.

What the Bleep is wrong in audience research and targeted political advertising?

Obama campaign was literally in bed with Facebook. Same with Hillary. So what the heck is the problem?

It is so delusional to keep denying that Trump was duly and legitimately ELECTED as POTUS.

So freaking retarded, mad and treasonous to claim that Trump election was INFLUENCED by Facebook or anyone but the AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Let me correct a false impression here, I do not belong to any herd much less a blind one regarding the legitimacy/illegitimacy of Trump's presidential status.

As for the legality or the illegality of the electioneering process that brought Trump into the oval office, those running the gauntlet at Zuckerberg regarding the data misappropriation are those that are yet to come to terms that Trump is their president. Another faction are those that are not happy for his success.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by KratosCorp: 10:28am On Apr 05, 2018
Okay. Noted. Thank you for clarifying your stance.

Maxcollins042:

Let me correct a false impression here, I do not belong to any herd much less a blind one regarding the legitimacy/illegitimacy of Trump's presidential status.

As for the legality or the illegality of the electioneering process that brought Trump into the oval office, those running the gauntlet at Zuckerberg regarding the data misappropriation are those that are yet to come to terms that Trump is their president. Another faction are those that are not happy for his success.

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Maxcollins042(m): 10:29am On Apr 05, 2018
KratosCorp:
Okay. Noted. Thank you for clarifying your stance.

You are welcome bruv
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Maxcollins042(m): 10:35am On Apr 05, 2018
KratosCorp:
You guys are just being phobic over silly propaganda. This whole crap you read are pure falsehoods sponsored by closet communists because they cannot stand the resurgence of nationalism. There was zero data breech at Facebook. And there is nothing wrong in giving advertisers insightful data to help make their messaging more relevant to you. If you hate adverts so much, then stop using the platform and migrate to a paid alternative. Facebook is free because of paid adverts.

What are you saying? You can't give out my personal data to a third-party without my consent merely because he/she needs it for research purposes. This act contravenes Facebook's policy regarding the user's security. Providing marketers with my data to enable them purvey their products and services is tantamount to spamming if you don't know.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Premiumwriter: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2018
beautyhound:

Did u say one mistake? Data of 50 million people to influence voting and hence decisions which dey (facebook) later got to know abt is not a mistake... Wif our kinda reasoning naija cant b better 4ever.
did you even get the details? They used an app. Users signed up for the app. And above all, Mark asked them not to sell the data. The breach was a mistake, he was against them when he discovered it, they should be angry with the press, and the company responsible for the theft and not with the platform they stole the data from

1 Like

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:41am On Apr 05, 2018
Earthquake1:
This guy should fvck off without Zuckerberg there would be no facebook

Yeah, right!

Like there's no more Apple without Steve Jobs.

FB is not a Naija "One-Man Company", FYI.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by KushLyon(m): 10:42am On Apr 05, 2018
I don still learn new one today....Zuckerberg should zuck off grin
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 05, 2018
Newsprex:

The problem here is that they are trying to fall Facebook....they are jealous of him

I still cannot understand why they are trying to Fall Facebook.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by KratosCorp: 10:58am On Apr 05, 2018
Your assertion here is totally false.

1. Facebook does not GIVE out your personal data WITHOUT your permission.

2. The data used for Facebook advertising is merely based on group demographics and behavioural classifications. The data is NOT personally identifiable and cannot be used to identify INDIVIDUAL users. Besides, such data is only usable on Facebook. And the ads are delivered by Facebook - to which you subscribe. So it is not Spam..

3. Any personally identifiable data that comes off of Facebook is either legitimately given by you when you interact with approved or associated Facebook apps. It can also happen when third-parties ILLEGALLY exploit and harvest Facebook data in pure violation of Facebook terms.
In both cases, you cannot blame Facebook for your exposed privacy, just as you could not blame Samsung for your nude selfie that was maliciously shared by your ex.

Maxcollins042:

What are you saying? You can't give out my personal data to a third-party without my consent merely because he/she needs it for research purposes. This act contravenes Facebook's policy regarding the user's security. Providing marketers with my data to enable them purvey their products and services is tantamount to spamming if you don't know.

1 Like

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by fuke(m): 11:51am On Apr 05, 2018
Premiumwriter:
They should leave the guy Abeg. We've all made one mistake or the other. You can't be aware of all bugs on your website, it only takes the help of other to discover those.

He deserves what he is getting.
Why did he give them the data.

If you try to harvest data on facebook for
your small business he blocks your account.

Now he could release data for 50 million people
to Trump which gave him a huge advantage over CLINTON.

1 Like

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by eyinjuege: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
STILESGANG:
Beefing for monetizing users private information?. Unlike you these guys don't reason with sentiment. He made a grave mistake and he should face the music. Nigerians and their mentality sha.

Facebook allows paid adverts, as does a lot of social networking sites, youtube etc.
That's not illegal.
However, because the adverts were paid for by russians and had funny political messages about race, immigration, sexual preferences etc doesn't mean its those messages that turned people to zombies and not be able to reason for themselves.
Many other politicians and non politicians pay for adverts.
There was a breach in whatever data protection policy on ground, but is that enough to ask him to step down?
Regarding facing the music for the wrongs of facebook, must the music be stepping down?
Fine facebook, if you must, let them face the law, let them lose subscribers etc. But the call to step down in my opinion is just by some opportunistic power grabbers waiting for the right opportunity to strike.
Regarding applying sentiment, i dont do such. And I'd also advise you as a Nigerian to not be carried away by public opinion, and learn to make your own decisions after thinking it through not based on what the papers say, regardless of whatever bandwagon others decide to follow.

1 Like

Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by POTUT(m): 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2018
Premiumwriter:
They should leave the guy Abeg. We've all made one mistake or the other. You can't be aware of all bugs on your website, it only takes the help of other to discover those.

Hello, not deleting a resource that you confirmed to a user was deleted is not a bug. IT IS INTENTIONAL! All these resources are associated with permanent identification flags, deleting them for real will distort Facebook's (and other ones not yet caught in the act yet) data analysis algorithms and wash away the monetization potential of the analysis they run on each user. I write my own codes, and I know that once you start tracking customers, it's hard to REALLY delete their stuff, you just flag it as 'inactive'. but the resource is still there on the server...for potential data analysis for profit. Trust me.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by POTUT(m): 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
obrigado080:
For ur info FB is a CIA spying tool. social media, search engines, high tech gadgets etc are used by the american govt, and her agencies (controlled by the deep state) to gather intelligence and maintain their grip on the globe.

As long as u use social media & search engines, as long as u use android and ios, as long as u use gmail & yahoomail, whatsapp etc - THEY KNOW STUFFS ABOUT YOU...

Ha ha ha ha...

Thank you...but who is listening to you. In the end, we will all have a good laugh at how we enjoyed being fooled...in preparation for the AI age.
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by RexTramadol1: 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2018
harmbhrosz:
but why should your whole life be on a device in the first place ehn!!!

grin grin grin
Re: "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
Waiting for the hearing next week for more direct insight on the matter as it goes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Migrate From MTN PULSE To Family And Friend / Jumia Marathon Delivery Testimonies/complains / Android: How To Solve Excessive Bandwidth Usage On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.