Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,202 members, 7,974,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:37 PM

Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi (3269 Views)

President Buhari’s Solid Team By Segun Adeniyi / Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi / Free Download Of Power, Politics And Death By Segun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by AloyEmeka5: 11:26pm On May 07, 2010
Ex-presidential aide may take up Harvard offer

Agency Reporter

Erstwhile presidential spokesman, Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi, has been appointed an officer and international affairs fellow of the most prestigious higher institution in the United States, Harvard University, Boston, Empowered Newswire reports.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/7/823.html
Confirming this on Wednesday morning, Kathleen Molony, who is the fellows programme director at Harvard, said the university would soon formally release and publish biographies of the fellows.The list will also state those who have been appointed as officers and fellows for the yearly programme, which is also for a one-year term.

If he accepts the offer finally, Adeniyi may have to quit his job at the presidency as he is expected to resume Harvard later, in August and will wrap up in July next year. There are about 15 such fellows drawn from around the world, who have been appointed alongside Adeniyi.

Speaking on Wednesday on the development, just before the news of Yar'Adua's death was broken, he said, "I wonder how you got to know. I just received the offer letter yesterday morning. Of course, I will discuss with my boss; because it would mean I have to quit government. But it is not an offer I want to miss."
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by Muza(m): 12:54am On May 08, 2010
its rather unfortunate that this prestigious sch is associatin itself with a man who was part of d greatesst con this country has witnessed,helpin spread falsehood to mislead nd decieve nigerians for over 6 months, mtssewww
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by bibiking1(m): 1:00am On May 08, 2010
firstly he WON'T have a job again, so there's no second guessing or probability required as to his availability for the position. Secondly, i do not question the Institute for 'associating' itself with the man as earlier stated by MUZA, it is their duty to hire who they deem fit enough to represent them.
However, on a PERSONAL level, i find it repugnant that a man that took us on a ride on his personal carousel for almost seven months be given recognition at an established and somewhat reputable institute as Havard? I find it totally out of place and annoying!
But thats my personal rant!
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On May 08, 2010
Poster, this same newspaper reported that a Nigerian was on Times 100 list of most influential, and I am still searching for this person. Even Times website, and the magazine does not seem to concur with Punch's story. Is it possible we can get other leads, other than punch to verify this appointment?
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by AloyEmeka5: 1:10am On May 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Poster, this same newspaper reported that a Nigerian was on Times 100 list of most influential, and I am still searching for this person. Even Times website, and the magazine does not seem to concur with Punch's story. Is it possible we can get other leads, other than punch to verify this appointment?

Google his name with Harvard in parenthesis and you will see it live. Do you want to see an employment letter from Harvard before you can believe?
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by Nobody: 1:18am On May 08, 2010
bibiking1:

firstly he WON'T have a job again, so there's no second guessing or probability required as to his availability for the position. Secondly, i do not question the Institute for 'associating' itself with the man as earlier stated by MUZA, it is their duty to hire who they deem fit enough to represent them.
However, on a PERSONAL level, i find it repugnant that a man that took us on a ride on his personal carousel for almost seven months be given recognition at an established and somewhat reputable institute as Havard? I find it totally out of place and annoying!
But thats my personal rant!
the university saw in him what nigerians did not see.i learnt jonathan may grant him leave of absence for the duration of the appointment.
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by Nobody: 2:06am On May 08, 2010
I was a critic of Segun Adeniyi but the fact remains that he was in a very difficult job. Selling the activities of the Yar'adua administration is a very difficult job because the administration itself is a very bad product.

Some will say why did he not resign. But lets be honest Segun Adeniyi was only a news editor/columnist for Thisday before he was appointed. The man also has his career to protect.

One thing I give to Segun Adeniyi is while you can accuse him of telling half truths, you can hardly accuse him of telling outright lies. He was a modern day spin doctor who understood the enormity of info available to the citizens of the present age and brought a sense of humility to his job. I think in a better Government he would have turned out differently.

I congratulate him for being the first to openly announce from Government sources  that Yar'adua had acute Pericarditis. But it is also unfortunate that when Yar'adua returned from Saudi Arabia he put out that very devisive statement. I doubt he even saw Yar'adua before putting out that statement and it was very dangerous that he may have obeyed instruction from above without knowing that he was being used to set a stage for a very criminal leadership by proxy.

I generally believe that even Segun Adeniyi knows that he is better than the role he found himself playing. I wish him luck for his future.
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On May 08, 2010
@Aloyemeka, I already did that and did not find any non-Nigerian link for the news. For harvard, this is all I got for his name

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/planet/network/

and it says nothing of what The Punch has there
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by AloyEmeka5: 2:50am On May 08, 2010
Punch is quickly becoming unreliable.
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by Akanbiedu(m): 8:15am On May 08, 2010
Muza:

its rather unfortunate that this prestigious sch is associatin itself with a man who was part of d greatesst con this country has witnessed,helpin spread falsehood to mislead nd decieve nigerians for over 6 months, mtssewww

Adeniyi is just a professional doing his job!
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by AloyEmeka5: 11:54am On May 08, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by otawa: 4:28pm On May 08, 2010

indeed.

surely if it was DONKEY Mr Obasanjo selected in 2007, Adeniyi would have worked for this DONKEY.

And you will be here telling us that he is doing his job.

What a CRAP of a job.
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by AloyEmeka5: 4:36pm On May 08, 2010
otawa:

indeed.

surely if it was DONKEY Mr Obasanjo selected in 2007, Adeniyi would have worked for this DONKEY.

What a CRAP of a job.

Bad bellerism dey run belle o. Whether you like it or not, Segun is an expatriate with Harvard university. Case closed.
Re: Harvard Hires Segun Adeniyi by Akanbiedu(m): 6:28pm On May 08, 2010
otawa:

indeed.

What a CRAP of a job.

Adeniyi was Yar'aduas' spokesman. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Isn't that simple enough?

(1) (Reply)

The Correlation Between Rear Admiral (rtd) Mohammed Lawal and Dr Olusola Sarak / 2015 Election: Jonathan (PDP) Vs Fashola (APC) / The Hypocrisies Of Some Supporters Of President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.