Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,490 members, 7,964,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 04:10 AM

AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets (42509 Views)

AY Almost Called Basket Mouth A Baboon In A Show Performance After Basket Mouth. / AY Makun, Yomi Makun And Lanre Makun Release Their Christmas Card (Photo) / AY Makun Reacts To Dino Melaye's Fleet Of Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by StudyCrestLtd: 12:03pm On Apr 06, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Only in Nigeria you will set up your business family and friends will use the influence of knowing you to ruin it down sad if you want your business to grow make sure everyone pay for what they buy be it your family members or your friends and when you gotten your profit you can distribute it the way you want.....if that's what you want to do.......

Besides AY has always been known for disrespecting his family members because of money...... someone that almost throw his wife out of the house just because she requested for extra income......smh

please I'm having headache don't quote me biko cool

What does the bolded has to do with his actions? There was nothing like disrespectfulness in the event that occurred, so why expanding the issue.

3 Likes

Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Uniquestellz(f): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2018
I wish I met lanre before the show sad sad sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by hypnotic(m): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2018
Take away ticket management from Lanre and give it to an agency then give them target with commission basis. Period
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Thegeneralqueen(f): 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Don't mind the enemies of progress. Some friends and family members are the reason most businesses fail.
I tell you they don't know when to respect your privacy..... my mum has a shop and anytime I visit home if I want to get something from her shop she'll insist I take it for free but I can't I'll simply pay for it and make her understand why she needs to be very strict when it comes to her business cheesy

6 Likes

Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Thegeneralqueen(f): 12:12pm On Apr 06, 2018
StudyCrestLtd:

What does the bolded has to do with his actions? There was nothing like disrespectfulness in the event that occurred, so why expanding the issue.
I was just trying to state some obvious reasons why some of his actions are unacceptable.... sir
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by skales67(m): 12:29pm On Apr 06, 2018
What concerns me with these two furgly brothers and their Owo mi da charade?
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Born2Breed(f): 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
AY is being nice but his family members are taking advantage of his bobonice.

AY promoted Yomi to relevance by wearing his designs , did same for Lanre by giving him free hand in managing his shows and Mabel as the decorator.

With@ AY who sabi them,how many shows has Lanre managed?
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Acidosis(m): 12:40pm On Apr 06, 2018
If you want to fail in business, be a carefree giver or a st*pid philanthropist.

There is nothing wrong in giving, but the best way to kill a business is to give your goods/services freely to consumers, families, friends, etc. You need to consistently make them realize the value of your goods if you must remain in business. If they don't pay, they won't know your value, and after some time, you would be relegated, discarded, and forgotten.

As rich as Bill Gates is, he won't be so stup!d to allow everyone upgrade their windows for FREE in the name of philanthropy. Bill Gates won't give you free Windows 10, he would rather give you $500m to curtail polio and malaria.

As rich as Dangote is, he won't give you his cement factory or give his folks a trailer load of cements to do whatever they want with it. He would rather give N10billion to IDPs.
He values his cement more than the money.

How can AY's brother be so stup!d to not understand the need to keep the value of business sacred? Giving out tickets without payments is tantamount to burying your worth, identity and value. If you lose your brand identity and value over ediotic philanthropy, you would go broke and no one would want to associate with a failure. If however, you lose money but still have your identity and worth in the right shape, you can always bounce back!

Tony Elumelu can give 1000 aspiring entrepreneurs N1m each to do business, but he won't allow you open a bank account with UBA (?)without first paying a common N1000 for ATM card.

The same principle applies to all corporations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2018
Acidosis:
If you want to fail in business, be a carefree giver or a st*pid philanthropist.

There is nothing wrong in giving, but the best way to kill a business is to give your goods/services freely to consumers, families, friends, etc. You need to consistently make them realize the value of your goods if you must remain in business. If they don't pay, they won't know your value, and after some time, you would be relegated, discarded, and forgotten.

As rich as Bill Gates is, he won't be so stup!d to allow everyone upgrade their windows for real in the name of philanthropy. Bill Gates won't give you free Windows 10, he would rather give you $500m to curtail polio and malaria.

As rich as Dangote is, he won't give you his cement factory or give his folks a trailer load of cements to do whatever they want with it. He would rather give N10billion to IDPs.

How can AY's brother be so stup!d to not understand the need to keep the value of business sacred? Given out tickets without payments is tantamount burying your worth and value. If you lose your brand identity and value over ediotic philanthropy, you would go broke and no one would want to associate with a failure. If however, you lose money, but still have your identity and worth in the right shape, you can always bounce back!

Tony Elumelu can give 1000 aspiring entrepreneurs N1m each, but he won't allow you open a bank account with UBA (?)without first paying a common N1000 for ATM card. He won't be so stup!d to turn UBA to an agbero bank in the name of philanthropy.

I would like to think of this scenario sales were low and the only way to make sure that at least you do get some crowd coming is to fill up an audience
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Goodman2030: 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2018
nairaman66:
AY THE GREEDY BASTARD- he should do a show on this!!

AY barely pays artists that he invites to his shows. He is too money centered.. many people including hushbabe can testify to this..

Oya give us hushbabe contact Naa let's confirm...
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by nairaman66(m): 12:49pm On Apr 06, 2018
Goodman2030:

Oya give us hushbabe contact Naa let's confirm...

You don’t believe me??
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by obafemi04(m): 12:52pm On Apr 06, 2018
Business succeeds when family and friends pay for goods and services! Chikina
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by chigo5(m): 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2018
solasoulmusic:

I would like to think of this scenario sales were low and the only way to make sure that at least you do get some crowd coming is to fill up an audience
might be true, jst like European football especially epl Dey don't like showing empty sits on TV, Dey use club logo or companies own to cover there, empty sits are eye sore for showbiz I think
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Acidosis(m): 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2018
solasoulmusic:

Very likely, but I am not sure it applies to what played out
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2018
this is a case of when u have a criminal minded man as a brother
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by enemyofprogress: 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Only in Nigeria you will set up a business family and friends will use the influence of knowing you to ruin it down sad if you want your business to grow make sure everyone pay for what they buy be it your family members or your friends and when you gotten your profit you can distribute it the way you want.....if that's what you want to do......

is the food ready?

THUNDER FOR SALE!

Are you heartbroken?
Did your boyfriend/
girlfriend leave you for another girl/biy after all the investment you made on him/her?? Or your village people are monitoring u? Did your Dad ask you to disappear when you came back home?? That your uncle that collected your account
number four times and still hasn't sent you any money?
Did you spend 30 minutes typing your feelings, only for the person to reply kk. Hmmmmm, cry not, your worries are now over. Here at the thunder Incorporated,we sell different types of thunderstorms

1)small thunder #2,500

2)medium thunder #5,000

3)big thunder #7,500

4)heavy thunder #10,000

5)heavy thunder with follow come lightening #50,000 specifically made for lala, cee cee, ajepako, rokia2, funjosh and other very wicked people on nairaland

6)boiled and rosted thunder with strong wind #75,000

7) Customized thunder for critical cases also available from #5000,000 and above.

Finally, if you need any special thunder for serious reasons, don't hesitate to let us know. We also do online deliveries

Please place your orders now!
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by XaviDayo(m): 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2018
No disrespect dude, u nor funny. Just keep the hustle going but ur jokes dry die.
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Only in Nigeria you will set up a business family and friends will use the influence of knowing you to ruin it down sad if you want your business to grow make sure everyone pay for what they buy be it your family members or your friends and when you gotten your profit you can distribute it the way you want.....if that's what you want to do......

Not just Nigeria, it's a black people thing. My wife's cousins keep asking her to bake cakes for their birthdays, engagements without ever paying. I've had to reimburse her personally sometimes when the hurt is so visible on her face, black people are the worst to do business with.

1 Like

Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by ACE1010: 2:22pm On Apr 06, 2018
Never allow your family members to occupy sensitive position in your business..... It's an express way to failure...and you know what They will be the first to mock you when you're down.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by OChimex: 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2018
I think its absolute madness when one places material possessions over his immediate family member. So just his brother's ticket will make him all the profit or make him lose? Assuming he were a doctor and a sibling comes to his hospital, he should ask for deposits first before commencing treatments right, because he is running it like a business? Honestly sometimes when I read comments here I see how ruined we are as a country. Peoples mentality portrayed in their comments are horrifying. Mind u, this is how most Nigerians see things.
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2018
medolab90:
Then what should we do about it.

Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by magicminister: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2018
OChimex:
I think its absolute madness when one places material possessions over his immediate family member. So just his brother's ticket will make him all the profit or make him lose? Assuming he were a doctor and a sibling comes to his hospital, he should ask for deposits first before commencing treatments right, because he is running it like a business? Honestly sometimes when I read comments here I see how ruined we are as a country. Peoples mentality portrayed in their comments are horrifying. Mind u, this is how most Nigerians see things.

I’ve organized numerous shows and Its very difficult to break even. Ay and his sponsors will commit millions of naira to the show. From the venue, to other guest artistes that will be invited.

Every single ticket counts.

Ay’s Brother was giving out vip ticket and we all know how expensive those tickets are.

I feel his pain cos I’ve passed through same thing with people I called friends. one time I organized a show in partnership with the then “afribank”. That was one of my very first shows. Even though I got sponsors, I still invested over 1m from my personal money. This was 1m back in the days ohh...

The venue was filled to the brim but our ticket sales was abysmal.

The sponsors refused to back my subsequent shows but I found new sponsors and the rest is sha history...
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Omololu2121: 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2018
Bidobado:

Not just Nigeria, it's a black people thing. My wife's cousins keep asking her to bake cakes for their birthdays, engagements without ever paying. I've had to reimburse her personally sometimes when the hurt is so visible on her face, black people are the worst to do business with.
then tell her to stop baking it
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by Nellymelly: 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2018
magicminister:

I’ve organized numerous shows and Its very difficult to break even. Ay and his sponsors will commit millions of naira to the show. From the venue, to other guest artistes that will be invited.

Ay’s Brother was giving out vip ticket and we all know how expensive those tickets are.

I feel his pain cos I’ve passed through same thing with people I called friends. one time I organized a show in partnership with the then “afribank”. That was one of my very first shows. Even though I got sponsors, I still invested over 1m from my personal money. This was 1m back in the days ohh...

The sponsors refused to back my subsequent shows but I found new sponsors and the rest is sha history...
Bro, I'm a comedian. Carry me along na pls
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by CamrySpider: 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2018
magicminister:

Mehn, I just read this post now. Aside the usual music and comedy show, have you ever thought of staging a wrestlemania right here in the country... Lagos precisely featuring big stars like John Cena, Roman Reigns etc. This has always been my greatest desire. I wish I have the resources to organise a show of such magnitude.
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by OChimex: 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2018
magicminister:

The news said his brother's ticket. So what we are talking about is that one ticket....
Re: AY Almost Fought His Brother Lanre Makun During His Show Over Tickets by magicminister: 1:22am On Apr 14, 2018
CamrySpider:

Mehn, I just read this post now. Aside the usual music and comedy show, have you ever thought of staging a wrestlemania right here in the country... Lagos precisely featuring big stars like John Cena, Roman Reigns etc. This has always been my greatest desire. I wish I have the resources to organise a show of such magnitude.

I just read your post. Maybe in the future, I’ll do that but right now, I got a lot on my plate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Shows Off Her New Look / Yul Edochie Takes His Governorship Campaign To The Market (Photos) / Bright Chimezie Celebrates His 60th Birthday. Shares Family Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.