Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,777 members, 7,918,451 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:26 AM

Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX (21115 Views)

Poll: Which would be the best to own in Nigeria (for 5 years)?

Porsche Cayenne: 30% (28 votes)
Lexus RX 350: 19% (18 votes)
Audi Q5: 18% (17 votes)
BMW X3: 22% (21 votes)
Acura MDX: 8% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! / Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2010
I see a lot of posters opting for cars not listed here - the OP was quite specific, lets stick to the SUV's he's listed, rather than what we'd like, but are not listed here.
Re: Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX by sultaan(m): 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2010

My car stopped on a freeway 2 weeks ago. The engine switch off when I was speeding and I had to pack. I towed it to the dealer and they fixed it. When I asked what happened to it, I was told it was a fly that entered the air filter and the car's computer shut down when it sensed there is something in it.

that is fly bull, something went wrong, if you google your model with that fault , you'll find you are not alone.

The Audi, Porsche, and the Touareg are built on the same platform( I think)
Re: Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2010
sultaan:

that is fly bull, something went wrong, if you google your model with that fault , you'll find you are not alone.

The Audi, Porsche, and the Touareg are built on the same platform( I think)

Correct - the shared platform relates to the Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne and Volkswagen Touareg.

The new, and much smaller Audi Q5 however, is a seperate platform. No doubt, VW and Porsche derivatives may follow.
Re: Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX by wormedup(m): 11:47am On Jun 03, 2010
If toyota is an option, buy it !
Re: Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX by Onwan: 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
@OP
Buy the Porsche; Its the best of them all. Like I said in my earlier post; online statistics would favour the Lexus BUT here in Nigeria the RX would fade very easily, especially due to the fragile body (makes it look like its falling apart after a while). The Porsche is very durable - firm build, solid interior materials and long lasting.

The Porsche will give you a good value for your money and wont easily get faulty - I know a few people here who own that model and they practically take it for granted. Since you live outside Nigeria, then you can import parts and accessories for servicing and repairs. The X5 would have been a good option in the pack BUT with the Porsche there, its a whole new level.

By the way, personally, the positioning of the gear knob in the Lexus and general interior gives it a Girly feel and look - unlike the other crossovers. It will be nice if you are female though cheesy
Re: Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX by LRNZH(m): 1:49am On Jun 04, 2010
Great opinions. Thanks.

While the Porsche is d most interesting of the lot, I really wonder how many Nigerian mechanics can actually change a part in this vehicle even if I import the part. Not to imagine buying parts in Nigeria.

The Acura MDX seems to be the most practical at the moment. There might even be a chance of getting servicing and parts from some of the higher-end Honda dealers and service stores around.

The downside so far is the recommended use of "Premium Fuel",
Any way around this issue?

Any and all opinions are welcome.
Re: Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX by BEEMERFAN(m): 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2010
I just got a BMW 540i, E39, does anyone know where I can get the interiors fixed? I want the console replaced and would appreciate a good electrician to fix the wirings. Any suggestions? Pls reply as soon as you can. I'm based in Abuja. Thanx
Re: Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX by Jagermeister(m): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
First of all,the porshe is the most expensive amongst them therefore,it'll be the most expensive to maintain...its components are rugged but super-expensive...if I was to go by ur reason for comparism,I'll bail to the lexus,its a toyota brand,remember?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars / LAGBUS Accident On 3rd Mainland This Morning / Cosmas Maduka Of Coscharis Motors: Failed In 3 Businesses, He Still Persists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.