Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,062 members, 7,883,686 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

Book Lovers Talk About Popular Books They Do Not Like - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Lovers Talk About Popular Books They Do Not Like (331 Views)

Examples Of Terrible Writing In Popular Books. (photos) / Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Book Lovers Talk About Popular Books They Do Not Like by Dasience(f): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2018
The hype about some books can be utterly crazy that you will feel like an outcast if you are yet to read it. Sometimes, it actually gets to me, I get tempted and eventually give in to this fad. Most times it has been worth it, other times it has been a bleh moment. Sometimes, it can also be hard not conforming to the great reviews everyone is giving. If everyone you know say that a book is great but you think other wise most times it is very easy to conform and just do it for the gram. It is totally fine if you don’t like a book that everyone thinks is great. It is also fine to talk about this. IT IS YOUR OPINION. This post is not to throw any shade at any author but it just how book lovers feel about books that everyone really likes. When you are reading this, take your judgemental jacket off, you can pick it off after leaving a comment.

I asked my fellow book lovers/bookstagrammers for any widely loved book they did not like. I asked some people personally on Instagram, I did not want to ask people personally because I felt replying without been asked personally will make it more real. At the end of the day I did a little bit of both.

Drumroll please!

Nusaybaho said the book on the list is Stay with Me by Ayobami Adebayo. This book is everyone’s favourite and has been shortlisted for various prizes. When I asked for the reason behind the pick she simply said... Click http://dasience.com/bookstagrammers-feature-popular-books-dont-like/ to continue reading

(1) (Reply)

Our Pride Will Only Delay The Pace, By Which We Journey! / Learn The Art Of Seeing The Brighter Side / See The Moment Chimamanda Talked About Achievement & Breaking Kola In Igbo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.