Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,110 members, 7,916,247 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:47 PM

Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP (764 Views)

WIPAS: Igbo Group To Raise N500 Billion For 2023 Presidency Project / Buhari Regime Looted N26.7 Trillion, $322 Million, N500 Billion, PDP Alleges / Senate Confirms Emefiele As CBN Governor, Reacts To CBN’s ‘Stolen N500 Billion’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by enlady(f): 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
The Buhari administration has not spent N500 billion annually on social investment programmes for Nigerians as it has led the public to believe, as that claim has not been cash-backed, the government has confirmed.

The government announced the initiative in 2015 as it came into office, and in last week’s response to American billionaire, Bill Gate’s criticism of the government’s low spending on human capital, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said the yearly N500 billion social investment package was the biggest in sub-saharan Africa, and unprecedented in Nigeria.

“…We also decided to put in place an audacious Social Investment Programme to the tune of N500 billion, the largest pro-poor programme in our nation’s history, and the largest social safety net, at least in Sub-Saharan Africa,” Mr Osinbajo said at the Bola Tinubu Colloquium in Lagos March 29.

The government claims more than 7.4 million primary school pupils in 22 states have been fed, while almost 300,000 poor Nigerians are also receiving N5000 monthly cash transfer. It said almost 300,000 Nigerians benefited from micro-credit loans of between N10, 000 to N100,000.

The figures have not been independently verified.

But if implemented as it repeatedly claims, at least N1 trillion would have been expended between 2016 and 2017 when the government fully administered the national budget. The amount would be more if a part of 2015, when the SIP started, is considered. In announcing this purported achievement, administration officials often cite the government’s ability to do so despite low oil receipts and generally dwindling revenues.

But the administration has been economical with the truth, and failed to clarify that only a comparatively small chunk of the amount was released.

By this week, the government has spent only N175 billion in three years as against N1.5 trillion many Nigerians are led to believe.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/264284-human-capital-no-buhari-govt-hasnt-spent-n1-5-trillion-it-claimed-in-response-to-bill-gates.html
Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by enlady(f): 5:34pm On Apr 07, 2018
I used to have some respect for VP osinbanjo. Now I see he is a broken record

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by enlady(f): 5:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
Odilim Enwagbara, an economist, told PREMIUM TIMES the administration’s admission that only N175 billion had gone into the policy was typical.

“This is similar to what they did with the fuel subsidy matter. They lied that fuel subsidy had been abolished, but when its expenses became too much and they could no longer cover it up, they opened up to Nigerians that the subsidy is still in place,” Mr. Enwagbara said. “There’s absolutely no accountability or transparency in this government.”

The analyst called on the National Assembly to immediately conduct a public hearing on the matter in order to unravel potential sharp practices that might have characterised the scheme.

“The government has been giving Nigerians the impression that N500 billion was being spent annually on their welfare, but clearly that turned out to be false and I appeal to the House of Representatives and the Senate committees on social policies to conduct a public hearing without delay,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/264284-human-capital-no-buhari-govt-hasnt-spent-n1-5-trillion-it-claimed-in-response-to-bill-gates.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by doctokwus: 5:52pm On Apr 07, 2018
enlady:
I used to have some respect for VP osinbanjo. Now I see he is a broken record
For about a year now I have written him off because I saw the man is too shallow in thought and ideas,contrary to the hype all around about him.
He is also prone to lies like his boss,despite being a pastor.
I term him the propaganda-hyped version of former VP Sambo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by 4kDdullard: 5:54pm On Apr 07, 2018
What do you expect from a criminal and terrorist government? Only lies, propaganda and deceit.
Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by enlady(f): 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2018
doctokwus:

For about a year now I have written him off because I saw the man is too shallow in thought and ideas,contrary to the hype all around about him.
He is also prone to lies like his boss,despite being a pastor.
I term him the propaganda version of former VP Sambo.

The man is nothing but a stark liar. Honestly he has deceived most Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by IdeyFindWife: 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2018
I'm not surprised. Anyone who can roll with of Lai Mohammed, Femi Adesina & the other band of thieves and useful idiotss stone Buhari, can't be too clean for long. And this pastor that is calmly shredding his hard-earned reputation defending the blunders of this administration is not left out.

But he will come back to his sheep agree the romance with these liars is done anyway. They'll take him back.

Nor be church pple, smh?! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by ivandragon: 7:05am On Apr 08, 2018
lol...

every day, they make claims & their lies are busted with very little research.

a government of chronic liars.
Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by ivandragon: 7:06am On Apr 08, 2018
lol...

every day, they make claims & their lies are busted with little research.

a government of chronic liars.

the worst part remains their supporters. just too blind to glaring lies & hypocrisy.
Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by SalamRushdie: 7:09am On Apr 08, 2018
Osinbanjo just sacrificed his sterling character on the altar of Buharis stupidity ..what a shame..what happened to the saying that a good name is far more valuable than Silver or Gold?
Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by Paperwhite(m): 7:52am On Apr 08, 2018
But the administration has been economical with the truth, and failed to clarify that only a comparatively small chunk of the amount was released.

By this week, the government has spent only N175 billion in three years as against N1.5 trillion many Nigerians are led to believe.

What a government filled with professional liars, deceivers,fraudsters and propagandist.It's a pity the VP have sold his soul to the devil. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by saaron(m): 10:35am On Apr 08, 2018
You don't need to calculate how Nigeria fell into recession when buhari's incompetent govt (who lied GEJ left empty treasury) believes spending hundreds of billion by giving people 5-5 thousands/month is an economic investment plan. There is no better term for incompetence and wastefulness than this. Why will Nigeria not fall into recession with these economic/leadership blockheads we have in power? Nigeria is yearning for infrastructural/human capital development and the first thing you do is squander hundreds of billions as handouts? Handout for few people with no economic value?
Anybody with a working brain in Nigeria will know that APC govt is devoid of any viable economic plan that will drive Nigeria towards long term economic development. Bill Gates himself confirmed this.
In the end, buhari's destructive govt will in 4 years embezzle Trillions under guise of social investment program with absolutely nothing to show for it.
APC govt social investment program is nothing but an embezzlement/enrichment program meant for few and privilege ones in govt.
Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by EngrKem: 10:55am On Apr 08, 2018
The NASS u are calling to investigate is as corrupt. Nigeria is gone
Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by Sirjamo: 11:08am On Apr 08, 2018
I would take the VPs words over any junk journalist's anyday anytime, the program is domicile in his office, and so, he should know better than anyone. By the way, I thought wailers always say that the SIP was a scam? so now, it's about how much actually went into it.
Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by Omeokachie: 11:49am On Apr 08, 2018
They fooled the people by showing them a "pastor" as running mate.

When a so-called pastor beats the devil to the lying game.
Re: Busted: Buhari Administration Has Not Spent N500 Billion Annually On SIP by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
we may never know how much this APC government fleeced this country until the next government takes over. bye barber! back2daura!! B2D!!!

(1) (Reply)

Official Twitter Handle Of Nigerian Senate Shades The Presidency / Imo APC Congress Held At Secret Venue Despite Court Order. / Metuh Fell Down On His Own, Says Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.