Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,835 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:45 AM

How I Suffered Discrimination At Age 18 In Nigeria - Aroms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Suffered Discrimination At Age 18 In Nigeria - Aroms (278 Views)

I Was Shot At Many Times, While Doing Business In Nigeria - Aroms / How We Plan To Change Every Local Govt In Nigeria-Aroms Aigbehi / "I Will Renounce My Nigerian Nationality If.... - Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Suffered Discrimination At Age 18 In Nigeria - Aroms by Adieza(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
I have traveled over 25 countries in three continents and leaved permanently in seven of them. I have never been so discriminated as I have been in Nigeria and among people of the same colour.

I have suffered discrimination and wickedness the most in my country. When I was 18 years old I couldn't get a job in Nigeria, I also couldn't get into any University because I came from a small tribe in Nigeria so I was not connected. I had to leave the country if I wanted to be educated. The white man gave me a scholarship.

I came back later to start a business to help other people but I could never put my foot on the ground because I am not of a certain political party and definitely not from a ruling tribe. These people find this normal.

Imagine if you were in the USA and you get denied a job because of your colour or political party affiliation. Now that would be a big news. Say you were in England and a member of the Conservative party and you were openly denied a job because you are from the Labour party. That would be a big news.

In Nigeria, that is the most normal thing that has happened that day. Somebody will tell you to be glad and thank Jesus you were not arrested.

I think these people are barbaric. which means: savagely cruel.

Why do black people dislike themselves so much? The Germans fought everybody in Europe twice the last 120 years in two very brutal wars. Even then all Europeans worked together to rebuild Europe after the war in 1945. If that had happened in African they will still be fighting now. Someone is still refusing to build a new bridge to the eastern part of Nigeria because of the war.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=357686281404153&id=158338594672257

Re: How I Suffered Discrimination At Age 18 In Nigeria - Aroms by Adieza(m): 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
cc: lalasticlala and mynd44 cc: seun and Maclatunji
Re: How I Suffered Discrimination At Age 18 In Nigeria - Aroms by Eze4tonyTc(m): 9:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
that is naija for u

(1) (Reply)

83 Million Nigerians Poor Under PDP, APC, Says ANRP / President Buhari Denies $1 Billion Approval For Arms Purchase / Buhari Writes Senate, Seeks Confirmation Of 26 New Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.