Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,581 members, 7,948,250 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 04:57 PM

Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) (101585 Views)

"Is This Christianity?" Lady Asks After Her Pastor Scolded Her For Wearing This / Lisa, Esther Ajayi Daughter's Birthday Party Dress (Photos) / RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Amarabae(f): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
agabaI23:
Oriaku is basically a housewife...
Lol that's an archaic interpretation of it.
Whether oriaku or odoziaku, it's just a title cheesy
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by calliope(f): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
Only in igboland, you'd experience this kain nonsense. Ndi igbo and hypocrisy be like 5 and 6, Mtcheew.

What exactly is revealing about this dress?"Carry Jesus for head like gala", yet they do the most despicable things in closed doors. Rubbish..!
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by agabaI23(m): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:

Lol that's an archaic interpretation of it.
Whether oriaku or odoziaku, it's just a title cheesy
smiley that was the reason it was changed to odoziaku reflecting the progressional percieved changes in the role of the woman in the home.
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by supereagle(m): 6:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
xreal:
Her dressing is not too bad for a sinner.

Don't they welcome sinners in that church? Even Christ does welcomes sinners.

You need to show respect for God. Even animals know when to do the right thing. The picture shows it all.

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Delivar(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:
Am I the only one who don't see anything wrong with her dressing?
Prove me wrong with facts if you disagree.
That must must be either catholic or all these Methodist,Anglican.
Dogmatic in their Othordox way.

My sister, there is nothing wrong with your attire.
I think it's because we have gotten used to seeing ladies naked. Can you imagine if women have been dressing like those in Saudi Arabia and suddenly you spot a lady dressed like the one in that photo? That will be a huge difference and it will actually become indecent dressing to you and you will be the first person to call her out for dressing "so horrible" grin grin
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by kanubiafra: 6:22pm On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:

did christ not give a parable about a wedding feast wher a man not properly dressed was asked to be thrown out? how come in middle belt christian women now dress in hyjab so that they will be spared by terrorist. yet the bible says do not be afraid of those who can kill the body. even in this case they only ask politely that she cover up and enter church. what about the brother that she will distract cos men are moved by sight. when jesus spoke of john the baptist did he not ask when you go to the palace what do you see and when you go to desert what do you see? same for club and church when you go to club house and see girl dressed in rev sis attire what do you think ? watch sister act part 1 and 2
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by tete7000(m): 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
But Samuel replied: “Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the Lord ? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
1 Samuel 15:22 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/1sa.15.22.NIV
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by TRACYPETER755(f): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
Dress the way you want to be address kissDress the way you want to be address
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nigerians and their mixed reactions.
My dear sister, the church of God cannot be bent for you coz it's bigger than you in every ramification. If indeed you were going to church to worship God, you would have dressed properly or at least gone back home and dress accordingly. After all, you weren't the only female that went to that particular church today.

What you were asked to do was a very simple thing not even worthy to be called a task.

Sister sister, if you were going for a job interview, would you not have dressed appropriately or let's assume yiu didn't and consequently you were asked to dress appropriately, would you have taken to the social media to report it? Would you not have looked for the fastest means to adjust?

The church can't be bent for you my dear sister, it's bigger than you.
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
dominique:
When in Rome, act like the Romans. Not all churches allow revealing outfits on their premises.

Can she dress like that to a mosque?
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by donbenie(m): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:

She's welcome to go to a Church where dressing however you like is allowed,but if she's going to any of the aforementioned denominations you mentioned then she should do well to abide by their dress code,dogmatic or not..they didn't force her to go to their Church..
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by demitola(m): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
donstan18:
Kudos to the church warders that sent her back, they really did well.

Only God knows the number of church members that could have lost their lives because of the gravity of stench and odour that might be coming and oozing out from her open armpit.

They should have locked her up for attempting murder, what nonsense. Any lady dressing to church should dress properly, decent and clean for the betterment of herself and church members, dressing to church mustn't revolve around decency only, but hygiene.

The clergy will tell the church members to raise and wave their hands to God, and when a lady beside you raises her hand, you start breathing in tongues at the sight of an open armpit looking like thick poo
You are so legalistic... like to the very extreme. That's not the spirit of Christ. If the girl were a murderer but "well covered", that church would surely open its door wide to her. If she were a polithiefcian now, infact the stalwart wardens would even go wait for her at their main gate to receive her and her incoming "blessings". I'm only happy about one thing... the way of God is different from that of men!

1 Like

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Basiljoe: 6:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by redsun(m): 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
She should know better not to go back.She doesn't really the church, if she desperate for social interaction or husband, let her join online dating or frequent social arena.There is nothing wrong with that dress in a rational human's point of view.It is modest.

The same bible that the muderfuckers says that it is not what goes into the man that defiles, but what comes out of him
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by MistadeRegal(m): 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
The creator of heaven and earth doesnt live in churches silly black man, only idols live in buildings

Your nick tells me who you are. So I don't expect much from you.
Even if I quote the Bible for you, you still won't understand.

undecided undecided
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by shebayaha: 7:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
Pls ma .I am using this opportunity to invite u to living faith church. pls ma even if u have a more unclan cloth and u feel more comfortable wearing it,pls do and attend the nearest living faith church around u . Our God is not interested in what human see he is interested in r hearth . pls . one church loose is another church gain . u are welcome God bless u as u attend and better clothing will come r way withing the next 3 month if r attendance. Jesus is lord
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by poik(m): 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:

How will you see anything wrong with it?
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
Charliiee:
I'm really struggling to see the indecent exposure here.
in a Catholic Church one wears clothes with sleeves and avoid transparent and extra tight outfit or cover up with something like a scarf, this is Church premises and those who are strong must not scandalise the weak. she should already know this most churches have it boldly written.
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
SAMBARRY:
this is not revealing OR indecent.haba.speaking of which clothes DOES not represent how moral you are.even prostitutes wear big bubu and cover their business centres when THEY are not at work.moreover to be fair that gown is simple and decent enough.it is not drawing unnecessary attention plus you can EVEN wear it to work as an office gown.I see bank workers dress like this to work or other corporate staffs.filthy hypocrites
official clothes doesn't immediately qualify as Church clothes. she already knows her Church frowns against sleeveless and net dresses without a covering.
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by saxxyb: 7:20pm On Apr 08, 2018
True]
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by saxxyb: 7:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
I love the warden. Our church is gradually turning into a fashion show.
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by frankblinkz(m): 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
xreal:
Her dressing is not too bad for a sinner.

Don't they welcome sinners in that church? Even Christ does welcomes sinners.
I love this ur comment....instead they gv her something to cover up and mk her feel welcome in church,bit by bit she wud change..lolz,it amaze me when Christians feel that its only on a Sunday u must be holy...
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by frankblinkz(m): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
I met our female usher on bum short.....hope u can relate?
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by frankblinkz(m): 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
kanubiafra:
did christ not give a parable about a wedding feast wher a man not properly dressed was asked to be thrown out? how come in middle belt christian women now dress in hyjab so that they will be spared by terrorist. yet the bible says do not be afraid of those who can kill the body. even in this case they only ask politely that she cover up and enter church. what about the brother that she will distract cos men are moved by sight. when jesus spoke of john the baptist did he not ask when you go to the palace what do you see and when you go to desert what do you see? same for club and church when you go to club house and see girl dressed in rev sis attire what do you think ? watch sister act part 1 and 2
ppl like u dress holier on Sundays and d rest days u go on crazy wears..who u dey decieve,be holy to d core..I met an usher wearing bum short not on Sunday though..wats dat?
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by SUNDICOS(m): 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
One thing that Internet taught me is that stupidity is international.

Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by megama: 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
CastedDude:
A lady has been left displeased after she was sent away from a church in Awada area of Onitsha, Anambra state for wearing this outfit. According to Mbanefo Nkiru Angel, she was sent back by the church warders who told her to wear a jacket or a scarf to cover her ''naked'' outfit.

The unhappy lady took to Facebook to share what happened. She wrote;

Today that I decided to go to church. My look to church today in awada onitsha. The church warders sent me back. They refused me entering the church saying I should go and look for a jacket or a scarf to cover my shoulder. Shouting that I'm naked. I didn't even talk to them. I just jejely and happily carry my legs and go back. let me go and sleep biko.

Nonsense and ingredients. Ndi over do...

Below is how Facebook users reacted to after she shared her story online.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/lady-sent-away-by-warders-for-wearing-this-outfit-to-church-in-onitsha-photos.html
Dear nk check my signature for advice
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by progress69: 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
Amarabae:

What exactly is wrong with her attire?
Tell me.
What kind of judgemental Christianity are you guys practicing,
Keep your left balls, don't bet it.
And how is Coza for desperate singles?
Don't incur the wrath of God.
I am a proud Methodist by the way.

There is nothing like judgemental christianity. You can keep hiding under such guise or under some fanthom wrath of God to practicing christianity to your convenience and not to your bible standard. For ur info, i neither go to church or mosque, i dont have a religion but i am vast in both bible, quran, and in tradition. Your bible told u to dress in modest attire, 1 Tim 2 vs 9.
If she is to dress like this to an official meeting, u will tell her to wear a jacket that she is not formal enough, but when going to serve your so called God, it is Ok to expose the body. The question is do you serve an informal God?
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by xreal: 7:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
frankblinkz:
I love this ur comment.... instead they gv her something to cover up and mk her feel welcome in church,bit by bit she wud change..lolz,it amaze me when Christians feel that its only on a Sunday u must be holy...

Thank you.

You have a good point.
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by progress69: 7:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
SAMBARRY:
this is not revealing OR indecent.haba.speaking of which clothes DOES not represent how moral you are.even prostitutes wear big bubu and cover their business centres when THEY are not at work.moreover to be fair that gown is simple and decent enough.it is not drawing unnecessary attention plus you can EVEN wear it to work as an office gown.I see bank workers dress like this to work or other corporate staffs.filthy hypocrites

Why do u people lie....which office do they allow an open gown like this? If u say they take off the jacket when they get to work and that is even restricted to their work space....
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by bmos(m): 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
Gossiplover:
what is wrong here now...

lalasticlala come and see gobe

The church is not a club. Both have their own acceptable attires. Let the seducer hunting for precious souls, go and dress appropriately jo
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
I absolutely believe in modesty. And we should dress appropriately.

But what about the sayings of Jesus? you know the ones in red. Did he not say, the greatest commandment is to Love God AND love your neighbor? Did he not talk about going after the lost sinner? That he didn't come for the saved but to the lost? Did he not say if we cant keep all of the law we are all still sinners and that is the purpose of atonement. And ye without sin cast the first stone. And to remove the smote out of your own eye first. So that means, liars( all fraud even if the system is corrupt), adulterers, greed, coveting, thiefs (this includes stealing time from your employer), piety, and filthy language are all still sinners.

As for her intent, I cant say, only God knows the heart. What if this girl and others who saw this post( cuz the impact is huge) use this excuse to never come to the church to hear the Gospel and die in their sins. What then?

Basically, as long as I LOOK the part, I get a pass. OK. No problem.
Pharisees

The better approach would have been to offer her a cover up not to tell her to go home and get one and come back. It is also in how the message was given. Damnation vs grace
Re: Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) by progress69: 8:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
Simonrom:
Nigerians and their mixed reactions.
My dear sister, the church of God cannot be bent for you coz it's bigger than you in every ramification. If indeed you were going to church to worship God, you would have dressed properly or at least gone back home and dress accordingly. After all, you weren't the only female that went to that particular church today.

What you were asked to do was a very simple thing not even worthy to be called a task.

Sister sister, if you were going for a job interview, would you not have dressed appropriately or let's assume yiu didn't and consequently you were asked to dress appropriately, would you have taken to the social media to report it? Would you not have looked for the fastest means to adjust?

The church can't be bent for you my dear sister, it's bigger than you.

Exactly my point. Not even just interview. Can she dress like that for a formal work. I am beginning to wonder these christians nowadays serve an informal God!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Men Carrying Sacrifice In Ikorodu, Forced To Eat It (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.