Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,399 members, 7,881,448 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:53 PM

What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? (12869 Views)

Big Tech Played A Tremendous Role In The Embarrassing Travesty That Is Unfolding / What's The Most Embarrassing Thing You Have Done In Your Work Life? / I Am In A Seriously Embarrassing Debt. I Need A Job To Pay Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 10, 2018
dexiouz:

So bro, what would have been the correct thing to do.

I should have told them that in a formal setting like that, It's inappropriate for me to do such a thing..
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by KhadyM(f): 7:56am On Apr 10, 2018
Mine might not seem so embarrassing...
It was a telephone interview thank God, but I was still as nervous as hell. The interviewer asked me what my most significant achievement was TODAY... and i thought she was asking about what i had done since I woke up, so i started narrating all the chores I had done that morning... little did i know she meant what i great thing i had achieved since i was born... i honestly felt so dumb. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by IkembaDonWilly3: 8:25am On Apr 10, 2018
grin grin
idris4eva:
I had one with the head hr uba HQ

Madam hr: Tell us about yourself

I went ahead to tell her about myself the way I can cos that wasmy first experience going for an interview after talking like 5min I stopped

Madam raise head up and like OK continue

I give it another chance i continue saying my rubbish I stopped again

Madam look up again and like OK continue

I just kukuma stop dey look her

Maybe she wan know me pass myself I don't know

I lose d job still
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by herkeym001(m): 8:35am On Apr 10, 2018
idris4eva:

I went ahead to tell her about myself the way I can cos that wasmy first experience going for an interview after talking like 5min I stopped

Maybe she wan know me pass myself I don't know

I lose d job still
Can't stop laughing
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by missyojo(f): 8:42am On Apr 10, 2018
barbatee007:
I got a call from my cousin that a pharmaceutical company she submitted my resume was conducting aptitude test in Lagos. Then I was still working in my MSc supervisor laboratory though he was paying me stipend I didn't want him to know I am still searching for jobs. Quickly I packed my bag and headed for Lagos and I arrived in time to write the test which luckily for me was a piece of cake.After finishing the test quickly and about to zoom back to Ife where I was schooling and managing myself only for the invigilator to announce that we should wait that they will mark and call the names of the successful candidates for interview which they would conduct that same evening. Well as expected I was called for interview while the rest were excused to go. Maybe I should just have excused myself if I had known what was in store for me in the interview room but no instead I walked with confidence in to the room when my name was called. I was thrown off balance when the first missile was shot at me by the lead panelist when he asked why I dressed "shabbily," for the interview. Mind you I was dressed in a T shirt and baggy jeans but I managed to answer that I came to write test not knowing I would be interviewed. Then came the simplest question you can ask a biochemist or someone that is still in academics is to explain Kreb cycle. My people I know it despite not expecting something as elementary as that but I became over excited and didn't know how to break the pathway down and explain myself. I would start and get stuck start again got stuck till the leader said Mr man please go and become a teacher you can't be our representative. A lady in the panel begged I should be given another chance cos she is convinced I know it and I was given another chance but I fumbled again only this time I excused myself. The leader of the panel was just laughing at me as I exited the room. Then came the mother of all embarrassment when I switched on my phone and entered the wrong pin 3 times and my Sim card was blocked. I didn't plan to sleep in Lagos so I went to ATM to withdraw money for traveling only to enter the wrong pin 3 times again and my ATM was blocked too. Well to summarize I had to resort begging for transportation money at Oshodi park before I could ride in a bus transporting tomatoes to Ibadan. Don't forget nobody knew I traveled so I had to sort myself. That was over 10 years ago but lesson learned was that I vowed never to settle for a teaching job as the lead panelist "advised". I wonder if he earns more than me now. N.B I am presently working in an integrated oil and gas company and I have only God to be grateful to for that.
Waooo! What an happy ending and interesting epistle I must say.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by BlueScholar(m): 9:42am On Apr 10, 2018
yeyerolling:
In 2011 my first interview made me realise my comical talent. The whole interview turned into comedy. Ceo of the company ( the coy is now very big) asked me wat i currently did. Well my mum was into hajj travel tins den and i used to assist. I answered the madam i currently work for mummy. Madam ceo burst into laughter , her hr manager and d oda panelist followed suit. In my mind i was like mogbe o. Hr manager asked do u stay alone or (Ceo interrupted he stays with mummy). Anoda round of laughter chai. Went home sad

Omo mummy. grin
you really crack me up, thanks for sharing lol
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by BlueScholar(m): 9:42am On Apr 10, 2018
MKO4ever:
When I used to have "Reading" as a hobby on my CV

And then the interviewer asked me.....

"What was the last book that you read..............."

............................................then the rest was history

grin
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by BlueScholar(m): 9:44am On Apr 10, 2018
oluwamitomisin:
Mine was not an embarrassment, more of an anger. HR and Manager have my CV already. HR asked, how old I was, I responded 25. Manager asked is that your football age? I responded 'yes'. Na so the man vex and sent me out o. I was like (in my mind) you were playing with me and I played back, now you have right to vex? nawa for this people sef.

I got the job after much begging the HR after everyone else had been interviewed.

Damn you get heart o grin
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by Debi249: 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
mine was My first interview after graduation. Everything was going well until it got to the part how much would you like us to pay you. I was so tensed without even pausing to think I just said 10,000 naira. The way they laughed at me that day, I remember one of the interviewers asking me if I had a girlfriend.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by olaniyisamuel(m): 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2018
idris4eva:

[/b]Maybe she wan know me pass myself I don't know [b]

I lose d job still

This cracked my ribs grin
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by dexiouz(m): 9:03am On Apr 11, 2018
shoyemiayodeji:

I should have told them that in a formal setting like that, It's inappropriate for me to do such a thing..
Thanks bro I appreciate
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by Whizkay(m): 9:07am On Apr 11, 2018
dammie4j:
Mine was a partner interview @ KPMG sometime in 2014. I had waited at the front desk for over an hour after the scheduled interview time.

Hungry, tired and frustrated. Finally, I was invited to the 18th floor for the interview. I had managed to put myself together being one of my first major interviews.

Immediately I stepped in, he requested I shut the the transparent glass door an offered me a seat. Next was he gave me a pen and paper to in 10mins, take down my observations about the firm all the while I had been at the front desk.

In my mind, i was like "Oga, this is supposed to be an interview not a written assessment." As a sharp lasgidi guy, I politely refused using his pen and quickly bought some time in fine tuning my thoughts while I was deliberately reaching out to my pen from my bag.

I finally made it through that stage but still didn't resume at the firm.
why didn’t you resume there ?
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by Nobody: 2:38am On May 05, 2018
That's gotta be the day I attended an interview at Enugu, it was a written and oral interview, as soon as I started writing I suddenly started to feel deeply pressed embarassed I tried to keep up but I couldn't so I gently asked the lady there to show me the restroom. I quickly rushed in there and relieved myself before coming back to continue my test peacefully grin grin
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by ArcToyin(m): 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
MKO4ever:
When I used to have "Reading" as a hobby on my CV

And then the interviewer asked me.....

"What was the last book that you read..............."

............................................then the rest was history

very hilarious
Re: What Was Your Most Embarrassing Interview Moment? by Switup: 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
i would say mine when i finally get a good job.... honestly it was soooooooo embarrassing cry cry cry jesus embarassed cry i need a good job to cover up the shame

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NITDA Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018 / Should I Tell My Boss I Got A Second Job? / Finally Proven: Your Social Media Life Might Render You Jobless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.