Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) (36044 Views)

FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / OHAI Changed The Life Of A 72-Year-Old Woman Through Surgery (Photos) / Woman With Massive Goiter For Over 18Years All Smiles After Successful Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Rozzychi: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
Tk God for her. I have seen where after operation. It came backoo.She needs more prayer
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
highbee02:

it's as a result of the over secretion of a hormone called Thyroxin. The Thyroid gland is located in the neck region
Hmm it means I don't really know much in biology.... Why na embarassed
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 10:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
Jsucre:

alomo, opa eyin and the likes
Oga are you sure?
#teacher no teach me nonsense
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Slurity(m): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
greatjoshy:
Glory to God! cheesy
I am happy for her, at last men can start coming to her for marriage. kiss wink
But what causes it please, can someone educate me? undecided :-
Where are those science students sef?
inadequate vitamin A and also hereditary
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by okerekeikpo: 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
Thank God for science and white people
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Gistforme(m): 11:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
So happy for her though Barca spilt my night

Barca Why?
bro shit happens always bt dis barca own smell pass my poo
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Dollabiz: 1:23am On Apr 11, 2018
hmmmmmm
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by naijaking1: 2:58am On Apr 11, 2018
Patient, if you can read this:
Congratulations on a successful surgery. Your wound is still healing, that means the operation is within a month or so.
Please go and follow up with your doctor, find out what the pathology is, ok.
My fear is that with 10 years and gross facial distortion pre-operatively, it may be cancer.
So, ask your doctor what the pathologist said.
Also, watch out for signs and symptoms of low calcium and magnesium in the body. The parathyroid gland was also most likely removed enblock with the thyroid.
You can easily figure those out from the internet these days.
I have limited my medical advice on this forum, good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Suplexx: 3:18am On Apr 11, 2018
Odioko1:
[size=8pt][/size]

Rain is blessing
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 5:23am On Apr 11, 2018
Slurity:
I Congratulate her... Not easy to have gone under the knife in a theater surgery.

Check my Signature and call/chat with us.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by amstamon: 7:21am On Apr 11, 2018
Bludaie:
The term non-toxic goiter refers to enlargement of the thyroid that is not associated with over production of thyroid hormone or malignancy. The thyroid can become very large so that it can easily be seen as a mass in the neck.
There are a number of factors that may cause the thyroid gland to become enlarged. A diet deficient in iodine can cause a goiter, but this is rarely the cause because of the readily available iodine in our diets. A more common cause of goiter in America is an increase in thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) in response to a defect in normal hormone synthesis within the thyroid gland. The thyroid stimulating hormone comes from the pituitary and causes the thyroid to enlarge. This enlargement usually takes many years to become manifest.
Na naija we dey na, no be America.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Jsucre(m): 7:49am On Apr 11, 2018
greatjoshy:
Oga are you sure? #teacher no teach me nonsense
give that your teacher's number.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by iyawojoe(f): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2018
greatjoshy:

Wow.. Like seriously? Thanks alot for taking time to explain to me
So if I understand you well, the lack of dietary iodine means 'lack of the adequate intake of good refined salt'.... Are we on same page if I say so?
Apart from refined salt,iodine could be gotten from periwinkles too.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 9:02am On Apr 11, 2018
Slurity:
Good..... Thanks alot.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 9:03am On Apr 11, 2018
Jsucre:

give that your teacher's number.
Hahahaha..... OmniKnowest grin grin
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by onajo2000(m): 9:07am On Apr 11, 2018
my elder brother suffered from this same problem but it was removed with just 3 injection he received from an expert
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 9:12am On Apr 11, 2018
iyawojoe:
Apart from refined salt,iodine could be gotten from periwinkles too.
Wat! shocked shocked
Ahh then those calabar people and some of our igbo brethrens are prone to the disease cos they so much love PERIWINKLES! sad
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by vannessa7(f): 12:46pm On Apr 12, 2018
greatjoshy:

Wat! shocked shocked
Ahh then those calabar people and some of our igbo brethrens are prone to the disease cos they so much love PERIWINKLES! sad

Seriously? You need to be patient when reading in order to understand, periwinkle eating people are protected from the disease because iodine prevent the disease and not the other way round.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by iyawojoe(f): 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2018
greatjoshy:

Wat! shocked shocked
On the contrary, people from that side of the hardly suffer from this,its more common amongst the northerners.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
iyawojoe:
On the contrary, people from that side of the hardly suffer from this,its more common amongst the northerners.
wait oo i keep asking myself, are the northerners cursed??
every deadly and disgusting disease is always affecting them.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2018
vannessa7:

Seriously? You need to be patient when reading in order to understand, periwinkle eating people are protected from the disease because iodine prevent the disease and not the other way round.
hmmm thank you very much ma.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by Mzora(f): 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
what kind of doctor should a friend see for this goitre... going to luth next wk.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by vineyardfarms: 9:24am On Apr 21, 2018
dainformant:
A woman has been overwhelmed with joy after undergoing a successful surgery to to remove the goiter she carried for 10 years.. The woman who revealed how the growth had been a burden to her - reportedly said after the surgery; “I am so comfortable now, I feel free to move and eat and breathe with no problems!”

According to reports, her family has even started calling her ‘the resurrected one,’ believing she has come from the brink of death back into a full life

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/woman-all-smiles-after-undergoing-surgery-to-remove-huge-goiter-of-10-years-photos.html
CONGRATULATION MADAM. WHICH HOSPITAL , WAS IT DONE HERE IN NIGERIA? CONGRATULATION
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by iyawojoe(f): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
greatjoshy:

wait oo i keep asking myself, are the northerners cursed??
every deadly and disgusting disease is always affecting them.
Apart from their harsh weather,they build their houses with little or no ventilation plus their level of hygiene,is zero. That's why.
Re: Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos) by greatjoshy(m): 9:10am On Apr 23, 2018
iyawojoe:
Apart from their harsh weather,they build their houses with little or no ventilation plus their level of hygiene,is zero. That's why.
Hmmm serious....
And that's because they are complete illiterates

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom / The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women / Mentally Challenged Man Smoking Weed By Roadside In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.