Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic (753 Views)

How Google Bert's Update Will Affect Websites And SEO Globally - Victor Winners / Blogging: How Google Meta Tags Affect SEO / How To Create A Facebook Chatbot To Increase Your Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 4:02am On Apr 11, 2018
As google introduces infinite scrolling for its mobile search, which means there is no second page...I wonder what this will lead to with Ads here and there in between so many options!
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by IdeyFindWife: 4:16am On Apr 11, 2018
Data consumption could be one.
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
Data consumption could be one.
Data consumption isn't a traffic problem, I'm talking of how it will affect webmasters.
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2018
questechie:

Data consumption isn't a traffic problem, I'm talking of how it will affect webmasters.

I think it will benefit webmasters. Remember, users hardly check the second or third page of Google Search result. But with this, users won't mind scrolling down, seeing results that normally should have appeared on the next page. I think it's a nice development.

2 Likes

Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by ThatCEO: 9:07am On Apr 11, 2018
This thing Na true o. Great news for newer blogs. Hierarchy is still there but Google has watered down the ranking tremendously.

It could just be a case where the same websites keep feeding people the same search results over again which might not be in the best interest of Google in the long run.
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 11, 2018
HenryDion:

I think it will benefit webmasters. Remember, users hardly check the second or third page of Google Search result. But with this, users won't mind scrolling down, seeing results that normally should have appeared on the next page. I think it's a nice development.
I agree with you, it certainly will help those below top 10 rankers to get more hits as most web searchers never bother checking second page on Google.
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2018
ThatCEO:
This thing Na true o. Great news for newer blogs. Hierarchy is still there but Google has watered down the ranking tremendously.

It could just be a case where the same websites keep feeding people the same search results over again which might not be in the best interest of Google in the long run.
And how would that benefit newer websites?
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2018
Who else have a divergent opinion on the endless Google search scroll?
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by ThatCEO: 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
questechie:

And how would that benefit newer websites?

Well, think about it this way. If you google "latest nigerian news", what you get is Naij, Lib or daily post. But are these the only credible news sites? Nope. They are in top spots cos the domain is old, lots of people go there n those kinds of stuff which made them rank. But it doesn't mean, they are the best.

But think about it this way, if 1M people Google the same query n 950k ends up in the same 3 websites. What it means is that Google is limiting what people can see, it's not giving a fair chance to new domains which affects diversity or divergence of views. This leads to increasingly unsatisfied users who might want to try other search engines sooner or later.

Do u know that the number of people who "Google search" is actually on the decline?
Why? Why would I go to search for a term like "latest nigerian news" when I automatically know where Google will direct me to? It looks like a small issue but If not checked, it will kill the whole essence of Google.

Just see it as their own way of stiffling the big guys who have the war-chest to keep getting bigger. You can't just keep seeing the same face over again no matter how good they are.

Take me for example, I haven't watched wrestling in a very long time. Why? It was the same faces. But someone at the WWE must have noticed it, and when they brought in a phenomenal talent called SHINSUKE NAKAMURA, I might just begin to watch again.

It's for a similar reason that Donald Trump is throwing spanners at Amazon cos Bezos is going to swallow every single small business in America. Toyrus took a heat, and in no time Walmart might just fold. You can't just rule everything just because u have the money to.

So, I hope I answered your question. Google by removing the ranking is encouraging people to scroll down a bit more and discover other brilliant websites. These SEO guys can sit down and rank a rubbish site in no time. Write 2000 words post, add pictures n graphs, add videos n spice it with keywords n H1 n H2 usage. If fact, I see some rather bad posts where a post which shouldn't be longer than 500 words is mischievously expanded by repetition to 2000 words just so they can fool Google. They are just trying to water it down a bit.

Don't you get sick of it when u type "best SEO practices" in Google n what u get is Harsh Agrawal, Neil Patel, Pat Flynn n the likes who are masters of gaming the system n giving some equally good SEO experts a fair chance at traffic?

I don't like lengthy replies, not like Seun is paying me to.

1 Like

Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
ThatCEO:

These SEO guys can sit down and rank a rubbish site in no time. Write 2000 words post, add pictures n graphs, add videos n spice it with keywords n H1 n H2 usage. If fact, I see some rather bad posts where a post which shouldn't be longer than 500 words is mischievously expanded by repetition to 2000 words just so they can fool Google.
Well I just did cut your long story short! But trying to game Google with long post belong to the past, Google is a lot smarter now. And that Google really cared for small businesses, I find hard to believe. grin
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
Dunno, but I still like these!
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
ThatCEO

You just hit it right in the head. Google has a flaw no doubt, but I think it's logical and yes, Google do care for small and upcoming sites/businesses. What Google needs from webmasters is proof that they mean business online cause when they mean business, they will offer quality contents that are useful to users.

When a serious person takes up blogging and starts putting on the elements in place, Google will definitely notice. If he's consistent, organic growth becomes inevitable. If he keeps it up, he might join the gurus at the top. It's a matter of time and consistency. Don't expect to start a blog today and just like that, you're ranking.

You made mention of some seo experts trying to fool Google, please remember that Google is smart and their ban still exist. Do you know how many sites that are being banned on a daily basis from appearing on search results?

The best way to grow in a world where Google rules is to understand the rules and play by them. You can't break or bend it.
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by oluwaju1lo(m): 9:22pm On Apr 13, 2018
Now a day Internet is the best income source . You can make money with your
laptop or pc . It is very easy income source . You can start now . If your
find more information about this please visit here
..http://onlinemoneytips.ml/
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 14, 2018
oluwaju1lo:
Now a day Internet is the best income source . You can make money with your
laptop or pc . It is very easy income source . You can start now . If your
find more information about this please visit here
..http://onlinemoneytips.ml/
Are you really making money from this website?
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 17, 2018
Lalasticlala, what do you think of Google Infinite scroll?
Re: How Google Infinite Scrolling On Mobile Will Impact Your Traffic by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2018
It appears the infinite scroll is device dependent, as I've tried to search on Android phone with 2g network and the feature isn't supported on it.

(1) (Reply)

Visit Nigeria's Marketplace For Selling And Buying Blogs / Google Adsense Link Promotion / 2019 Best Sites To Buy Itunes Gift Card Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.