Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,947 members, 7,879,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

THE AGENTS (action Thriller) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE AGENTS (action Thriller) (10015 Views)

REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by GooseBump: 11:46am On Apr 21, 2018
"What if he took advantage of you?" Axel pushed, frowning at me and my stupid decisions. Alright, it was stupid. I should've trusted the R.U. and my team, not some assassin. It was just hard to rely on someone again, I had been alone for quite some time. I was used to being independent. "He didn't, Axel," My voice softened as I tried to get through to him. He was just worried. Imagine finding out your sister not only stayed at the same school with an assassin but also voluntarily chose to sleep with him. Even though I wasn't his sister, the situation was damn right similar. "Hey hey," I continued with my gentle tone, seeming that it toned down his anger a bit, "I'm alright. I'm not called the best sniper for no reason. I'm still here, right? I'm grown- up, you don't have to treat me like a child anymore." "You are a child," Axel snapped as his eyes turned dull and emotionless. I rolled my eyes, "Maybe I am. But I've experienced way too much to be dumb. Yes, maybe a moment or two I could've taken a different route and it would've been safer for me. But you know me Axel, I do what's necessary at the moment." That got him to frown at me, so I quickly continued to my next point. "In the end things will work out," I concluded, "I'm not going to die." That was what he wanted to hear. That last sentence was what he was afraid of happening the most. "You are the most handful stubborn woman fighting machine I have ever met," Axel breathed out in defeat, leaning away from me so that we could comfortably stare at each other. "That's what makes Jamie Lennon, Jamie Lennon," I commented, giving him a huge hug now that that situation was over. — End of Flashback — - "Sammy," I let out gently as I snapped out of my trance to the past. The boy angled his head towards my direction and met my eyes. "Go back to sleep, bud. You have classes tomorrow." I began walking into the kitchen towards the high cabinets for some medical tools. My left arm was throbbing every few seconds, but my mind was preoccupied with my team. Sammy groaned and scratched his head slowly. "Same-old same-old. With or without sleep I'm always shot at everyday." At the comment me, Axel, and Chestin laughed harder than we intended too, and the poor sane boy watched us adults break. "I'm already planning to be a little lenient tomorrow," I managed to let out after straining my mouth muscles. I ripped out the layer of suit that I had on with a knife and applied medicine and gauze wrappings to the wound after cleaning it. All of that took great effort too, considering I was using one arm for everything, still being in my mentally tired state, and engaging in the unadult-like laughing fit I just had earlier. And at that, Sammy was wide awake. "Wait- what?" He recited, finding his stance and walking towards me. The boy got a little side-tracked and his mischievous side sprung to surface, sliding his hand underneath a slightly drunken Axel, who had his head tilted down a bit to wait out the alcohol, and grabbing probably the man's 10th shot by now. If only I had remembered alcohol poisoning in middle school. I would be able to save him, or Chestin, if they really were going overboard. I doubt it though. From what I remember, it takes intense drinking to even be in the risk of dying, and that may still not be enough. Plus, I was sure Axel and Chestin grew some tolerance of alcohol when there were just the two of them. That's what it felt like being the third-wheel. I sighed to myself, before it was replaced with a disapproving-amused look towards Sammy, who had managed to snatch himself a shot glass and was glancing at me for permission. Before I could say anything however, Axel's head abruptly popped up from the kitchen counter, which made Sammy take a defensive step back. Chestin seemed to only care about pouring the alcohol glass after glass and poured Axel another cup of 'Jamie's forbidden drink.' He regained himself a bit before saying, "She's teaching class tomorrow." "You're lying," Sammy quickly refuted back, forced to place the drink back when Axel slapped his hand. "She's like an ancient myth. Top sniper but too busy to teach. That's what makes everyone anticipate seeing her. But since she's been away for 2 years, and the last three years she's been on so many missions, I doubt anyone remembers what she looks like. And now she's teaching class? You're all lying just to get me to sleep aren't you?" He was such a child, I loved him. Axel had choked on his drink once he heard 'ancient myth' and was now constantly laughing, in an unusually dark tone might I add, while looking down. "Stop staring at your crotch and laughing you creep," I jeered playfully at the drunken grown-man. Axel told me to ' shuddupp' and resumed back to whatever the hell kept his humor system up. "Yeah I'm being fired from work currently," I turned back to Sammy as I put the medical kit away, "I need sleep too. Whether or not you're at your best tomorrow I'll shoot like crazy, so I expect you to avoid them, kiddo." Sammy smirked and I immediately thought that whoever would be his future girlfriend, would be lucky to see his expressions. He was darn adorable and I was partially proud of him for pursuing such a dangerous career like Jay. Chestin suddenly spoke up, "I have some things to discuss with Jamie, Sam. Go to sleep, bud." I turned my head to my partner and was surprised at the fact that he sounded so stable after all of that drinking. He must be the stronger of the two- him and Axel. Axel was already knocked out. "Sleep well then, Anne, see ya," The dirty-blonde haired boy dismissed himself after waving his hand in the air and went off into the dark hallways. I watched the boy disappear into the shadows and had forgotten about something before I realized a shot glass was placed on the counter, as a way of saying, " Hey." My body turned around and Chestin had pushed away from the counter. My heart skipped a beat when he stared straight into my tired eyes before I immediately frowned. "Chestin, what's wrong?" From the way he was moving, the way he was looking at me, and the way he had spoken earlier... He had been sober this whole time. My frown deepened as the man took steps towards me, his form growing larger and larger. I took a step back, but I doubt he noticed. It almost seemed like he planned to have us alone again... There was something he wanted off his chest. I was just afraid to get started.

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by SirRoberto(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
SamuelTurner:
MeinKampf, emi14, Olabamijie(m),
SirRoberto(m), cescfrank(m), koribobo, yemisat,
tempex88(m), eddyroyal(m), BUHARImyDOG, feedapet,
dsylvo(m)
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 22, 2018
Hello. I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. PM me or check my signature.
https:///2348027329239

I will design your cover in 12 hours flat or it's free. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I can design covers for the following:
•Amazon
•Barnes and Noble
•Kobo
•Apple Store
•Draft2digital
•SmashWords
•Okadabooks
•Inkitt
•Blurb

https:///2348027329239

Payment can be made through any of the following:
•Bank transfer.
•Airtime credit. VTU and pin
•Payoneer
•Skrill
•Neteller
•Perfect Money
•Bitcoin or any crypto currency of any kind.

If you would like to see my portfolio, check my signature. If you want to chat on WhatsApp, https:///2348027329239

You can also quote me.

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by steveDpro: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
kiss
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by GooseBump: 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2018
I was pressed warily against the wall, with little room
between my body and his. I was getting irritated. What was
his problem, I thought to myself as I stared up at his
unreadable eyes. Finally, it got to a point where the silence
was unbearable.
"I'm uncomfortable," I stated lowly, almost hinting at a
growl.
Chestin raised his eyebrows and looked on without care.
"You're uncomfortable? Let's get into why you're in this
position."
"Chestin, I'm tired," I let out with a deep sigh, "Can't it wait
till later today? You're being moody for no reason."
"It's urgent matter."
"I doubt it," I answered back, but wanting to sleep, I sighed
and crossed my arms across my chest, looking back at him
in annoyance, "What is it?"
"Open your phone," he suddenly commanded.
I frowned, "Chestin, what are you trying to do?" But I have
nothing to hide, so I take out my phone. However, I hold it
out for a moment while monitoring him. He seemed to
stare at my phone like it was a person he didn't like.
I turned on my phone and the screen came onto the last
app that I was on. Correction- the last app Chestin was on.
My Contacts.
— Liam — | � |
I looked up at the man with a quizzled look.
"Who's he?" I asked, glancing back at the name.
Chestin glared at me in disbelief, but he blinked back a few
times upon hearing my words. "Are you serious, Jamie?"
"I am fucking serious," I repeated, getting irritated that he
was wasting my time with whoever his friend was, "Who the
Bleep is he?"
Chestin ran a hand across his face and stepped back- just a
little- from me before staring at my eyes again. "Lennon,
your memory can't be that bad."
"Why are you dropping informalities," I snapped, "I thought
we were close."
"This isn't about us."
"Oh I believe so," I retorted, taking steps forward, so that
he was the one backing slightly away this time, "What's
gotten into you? Do you know how late it is? Can't I go to
sleep, partner? I have a class to teach tomorrow and
reports to turn in, you're taking away my sleep time for
what? 'Liam?' A friend you called on my phone and forgot
to delete the contact? I'm not responsible. I've been on
loads of missions, visited plentiful places, and met with
thousands of people in the past 5 years away from the R.U.,
and you're asking me who this one mere insignificant cunt
is? Don't shit with me, Hall."
Chestin held his ground, but at the same time was forced to
show some respect. Not as in age, but as in experience. I
was a senior and well-recognized agent in the R.U., I point
out shitty things when I see them. My partner was no
exception.
"That's enough," came a low, grungy voice that sent chills
down my spine.
Both Chestin and I snapped our heads in the direction of
the voice and our eyes landed on Axel, who was rubbing his
temple and squinting his eyes open.
"Axel," Chestin said before I could, walking over to the man.
I stood in silence and frowned at the two men before me.
One side of me was still vexed after Chestin gave me a hard
time for no reason. The other side knew he probably meant
well overall, and that I overreacted.
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by itsandi(m): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by GooseBump: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
Sighing loudly on purpose, I shut my eyes close as my fingers swiftly ran through my brown hair. It had gotten longer, and the ends tended to curl naturally into tubes, just a little something interesting about my growth. Basically it. "I'm going to bed," I let out just enough for the two in the room with me to hear. Glancing back before turning my head back to the front, I avoided Chestin's eyes and went to my room. - The moment I walked in, some eyes snapped my way and a look of confusion crossed their faces. They didn't know who I was, or why I was entering the training location all suited up and looking professional. I went up to the instructor-in-charge and greeted the woman. "Agent J," I nodded towards a woman whom I've done a few missions with in the past. The red-haired woman went wide eyes upon seeing me. "How many years has it been," she beamed, opening her arms and allowing me to come into her embrace, "Agent W," she ended with my code name, "Looking nice still." I laughed and pulled away. In a short moment, both of our eyes surveyed the small number of snipers-to-be students that came to class. "How're you holding up all these years, Clarissa?" "Been a rowdy group of kids," she replied with a side-smile, "Some need serious discipline." "And your hero has come," I let out, crossing my arms as I took in the faces of the students I was to teach. Clarissa raised her eyebrows at me, "You're back? Officially?" I gave her a small smirk, "Temporarily. Chestin fired me from our last mission." That got her to laugh. "How're you holding up?" I hesitated, "Let's just say stuff... happened last night that I wish I could take back. Chestin's mad at me..? I'm just confused." "Hmm," she contemplated sincerely, "You'll figure it out. It's Jamie Lennon we're talking about." I rolled my eyes playfully, "You say it like it's an amazing fact or something." "It's amazing and it's a fact," was all she responded with before she clearly called forth her students with those strict, loud military voices. Now every eye was on me. Who was this new woman and why was she standing with our instructor, would be some of their thoughts. Sammy looked up from his group of friends and smiled warmly at me, giving me a quick wave. I noticed the girl from last night in his group, Diana, glancing at the boy before looking up at me, then looking down like she was ashamed. I returned his smile and turned back to Clarissa, who was ready to start class. "ZIP YOUR TRAPS AND EYES UP FRONT," she shut the kids up impressively. It may sound rude, even unnecessary, but it was a daily protocol and all agents were used to it by now. Every one of them followed. Clarissa continued, "BULLET 15, now." They all positioned themselves orderly and faced me, giving a deep bow, all of them holding it there for a good five seconds before standing back up. Bullet 15, meant the 15th rule in the Agent Rule Book, which states that agents-in-training were required to greet senior agents in the cooperation regardless of relationship. They were probably all confused on who I was, but there wasn't enough time for them to process their thoughts because once an order was out, it was out. There was no repeating. And anyone who didn't follow would meet the consequences. R.U. agents don't play around. "Who's she?" One kid next to Sammy's group, spoke up. He was a little buffer than the kid, and had a threatening demeanor to him. "Jamie Lennon," Clarissa announced, frowning at him. He must be one of those kids that she talked about. The misbehaved ones. "Okay?" He brushed away in annoyance, "Can we get on with class already? I thought I signed up for sniping, not meeting more adults." Clarissa was about to snap at him, before I glanced at her and shook my head, signaling to her to let me handle it. I walked up to the boy, some students clearing the way for me because they didn't know where I stood in the R.U. I could tell they were the ones with common sense. "I dare you to repeat that," I tested him once we stood face to face, tilting my head a little as I waited. His fist acted faster than his thoughts, and in a split second I sensed a punch coming for the side of my face. Dully side- blocking his hit with my right arm, the same arm twisted around his and turned it in such a way that made him growl out in pain, before it eventually made its way securely to the back. I locked his arm at his back while I faced it. At that moment a similar scene tugged at the roots of my memory, but I wasn't too sure what had made me pause a bit to consider it. It could've been anything, considering how long I've been in the business. But... I'm sure I remember a mop... With my weaker left arm, I grabbed my gun and aimed it slowly at the back of his head, slowly sliding the weapon down till it reached where his heart on the opposite side should be. His legs tried to kick me down. I knocked against the back of his left knee forcibly with the side of my feet and like a domino effect, he fell with a loud thump to the ground on his knees, and let out yet another, louder growl. I emphasized the nuzzle of the gun against his head and felt his whole body give up on breathing at that instant. "You know," I spoke up softly so that it sent shivers down every student's spine, "Last night's bullets haven't been used up yet. You want to volunteer, smart one?" "Your words don't scare me," he dared to give another go. "'Bullet 299 will,'" I quickly stamped down on any noise that was present in the crowd at this time, "I'm sure you recall." "You're shitting," he retorted, but quieted down a bit at knowing the severity of the rule, "Only four agents in the whole cooperation are allowed to issue that rule." Bullet 299, the 299th rule in the Agent Rule Book. Punishments bestowed upon students only at the hands of the best in the cooperation, one in each division of Agent speciality. Very few students in all the history of the R.U. have experienced Bullet 299, and let's just say they disappear for a while before coming back completely renewed and disconnected. It's a harsh punishment that four agents are allowed to have control over, and because we're not team leaders, like Jay, or head R.U. commanders, we handle things our way and without diplomat. Assault- front-line battle Disguise- deception Hacking- digital infiltration Sniping- air-force attack Currently, and respectively, Agent R, P, A, and W held those positions. All attention was on me now, most students not being able to believe what they'd hear next. "Agent W," came my most dreaded announcement to everyone's ears, "Pleased to make your acquaintance." What can I say, I thought to myself as a small smirk finally tugged at the edges of my lips after all this time, I love my work.

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by Beyourself2001(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
forreelinc:
Way ahead of you buddie which do you suggest? Jik? Or hipo?
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by GooseBump: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
Lockdown
"Loosen your grip, you're squeezing the life out of your sniping gun," My voice, amplified by a microphone, informed the group before me whose hold kept slipping and sliding in and out of position because their palms were sweating. Everyone was practicing with an actual sniping rifle for today's exclusive lesson, normally they'd still have to go a long ways until the R.U. Head director would even allow them contact with such a big weapon. "Anne," came a boy's voice from behind. I turned around to find Sammy trying to help a struggling Diana. He gave me a side-smile and motioned for me to come over. I came up to his group in a couple of long strides. Observing Diana, I detect she was struggling with steadying and accurately aiming her gun. "I can't seem to hit my target," Diana told me in a defeated tone, a bit dazed at herself, "m'am." My eyes traced the path her bullet would've gone based on how her gun was set up currently, and found that she, and surely a lot of other students to come, had made one big mistake that beginning snipers tend to make. "You need to find your own position after setting up your gun," I began, taking the sniping gun from her, "That's the basics, Greenwood. You seem to lack a bit in that area." Ignoring her look of regret from last night, I presented myself as volunteer and called for Clarissa to blast the directions for a one-on-one visual demonstration. "GATHER UP AND OBSERVE YOUR INSTRUCTOR," she declared, getting the students' attention immediately. This was what they signed up for, anyway. I brought the weapon in a far range from the students, always taking in the precaution that sniping bullets could easily pierce a bullet-proof suit. It was probably safe not to trust their lives in my hands anyway. I wasn't an angel. They should be okay at the least, however. For training we used light bullets, not nearly as impactful or lethal as the ones I carried around for missions. Inhaling slowly, I lowered my body and presumed Prone position. "Prone," Clarissa started the briefing to today's lesson, "Your most accurate field position for 'sniping.' Observe that her legs are not newly pulled out chopsticks running parallel to each other. Her body takes up a Y position. This absorbs the recoil and gives her better accuracy when taking up a shot. The rifle is inline with her body to make that possible. What's one thing that catches your attention?" "Adler," she pointed Sammy out. Sammy observed me and replied, "She's calm. For handling such a big weapon and knowing the pressure should be weighing her and someone's fate down, she's surprisingly calm." He ends almost with a smirkingly proud tone, yet staying modest. Bingo Sam-my-man. "Precisely," Clarissa clapped loudly, "Why?" "Cause she's not scared?" The kid I dealt with from before broke in, still salty about what happened. "Because she's maintaining her breathing," Diana gave her answer, and the correct one at it. Clarissa nodded, gesturing back to my form, "Her breathing heavily affects her shot. Everyone needs to find their own rhythm and-" BWEEP BIP BIP BWEEP BIP BIP BIP BWEEP BIP BIP BIP BWEE-
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by GooseBump: 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
"What the hell..." Clarissa muttered for a moment before realizing the lockdown alarm of our headquarters was blaring through the intercoms all of a sudden. All the students quieted themselves down from inside the training area and glanced around at each other, brows furrowing in domino effect. Some had already taken up fighting stances while others had their hands hovering over the hand guns in their back pocket. I felt the vibrations while still laying on the ground, and my breath hitched at the ancient sound I thought I'd never hear again. The room immediately transitioned to a sickening dark red as the alarm light was the only source of illumination for us. "Lockdown," I dusted myself off with ease as I hopped up off the ground and turned to Clarissa with a frown plastered on my face, "But... why?" My earpiece buzzed like an insect feeding on food and I had to clench my jaw together to withstand the amount of noise I was hearing both inside the training area and the little device placed securely inside my left ear. "-$$:&;@2&1&!.'a!" I cursed under my breath as Clarissa called order among the students, who were already at peace with the situation, or at least seemed like it. BWEEP BIP BIP BWEEP BIP BIP BIP BWEEP BIP BIP BIP BWEE- The alarm seemed to be the sole cause of my deaf ears. Its menacing, pulsating, rhythmic buzz and blare screeches like a chicken giving birth, threatening to rip my sense of patience and self-control with every passing second I lived on from this moment. "Children," I unconsciously let slip a hint of a growl to the kids, "Duck." I ripped out my own hand gun and blasted a deafening shot at the alarm bell, shortly after hearing the shattering of glass shards that rained down and smashed against the ground. The kids had bullet-proof vests on and all of them understood how to avoid falling objects from prior basic training, they should be fine. Did I mention it was pitch-black right now. The only sounds were of the faint alarm bells of other training classes closer to the R.U. building. We were the furthest from the headquarter's physical location. Clarissa and the students used their phones to turn on their flashlights temporarily. I met eyes with the confused kids, even Clarissa seemed to be concerned. Which she should. We've only ever had drills of lockdowns. An unannounced drill, was not a drill. While everyone accessed the situation the best they could and waited for the instructors to start informing them on what to do next, I connected my earpiece to the intercom of the large room so that I could hear the orders assigned to me. "Bullet 00, Agent W." The intercom blared through the tense silence and made everyone, including myself, to hold their breaths. The group started whispering to each other in front of me upon hearing a nonexistent rule. "There's no such thing," a short, pony-tailed girl said to her guy friend. The boy reverted to looking at me for answers. "Bullet 00?" the kid I battled with earlier questioned out loud, "That's not even in the rulebook?" "Anne, what's going on-" "Sir, with all due respect," I spoke up and silenced the room, "I'm teaching a class." "Report to the main floor, now." I clenched my teeth and cracked my tired neck with a gradual head-tilt to the side, "Agent W... reporting for duty." Sammy made eye contact with me as I checked my guns and loaded them with new bullets. I busied myself afterwards with supplying myself with a back-up gun just in case. "I'm counting on you Clarissa," I said as I checked my primary handgun and placed it securely in my back pocket. The woman nodded at me and patted my shoulders in understanding. Sammy reached out his hand and grabbed my forearm as I made a swift turn towards the door. When I turned and frowned at the boy, he still didn't let go and said, "You're... leaving again?" "Yeah, bud," I quickly flashed him a side smile, "See you soon." As I ran briskly away, the pounding rhythm that my ears picked up grew louder each second in my chest than on land. I fidgeted with my earpiece once I was well down the halls to connect to other agents. However, I could still hear Sammy's faint voice from back at the training area. "Liar." he would say. My chest tightened uncomfortably and I swallowed the lump that formed for a split second. "Jay," I connected to my team leader's earpiece from wherever he was in the R.U., "What's going on? Who's here?" The blazing noise rang in the background like a school alarm eager to wake up its person. There was a connection buzz and I took out my gun again just in case I ran into someone unwelcomed at the R.U. on my way to the main hall. "We're figuring that out," Jay's voice came in short responses as he too was running errands and loading his gun, "But we know one thing." "What is it?" I asked him as I turned on my heels and emerged into the main hall, where other agents were summoned and had come together. They all turned to acknowledge me in surprise, and then there was silence beyond silence, but everyone greeted each other briefly with nods. Jay responded shortly after with the answer to my pending question. "They're looking for you." A single shot rang through the headquarters. -
Guess who's coming back *wink wink*

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by devilmaycry1(m): 8:38am On Apr 27, 2018
wow wow thank 4 that
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 7:34am On May 02, 2018
Its Been Three Years
Like always. _____________________________________

"GET DOWN," Aaron (Agent R) instructed, all four of us agents dropping down in extreme squats. About 20 bullets zipped across the room and pierced the air in amazing accuracy. All of our heads would've been off by now if not for Aaron's quick reflexes. As expected of the top ranked agent in the Assault division. Jean (Agent P) reaches our her hand and I slid her a backup gun that I packed earlier, standing up and extending my arm with a quick, snap-like motion, fingers tensed around the trigger as it aims steady at the shadow figure that stood at the entrance. Hunter (Agent A) shoots at the entryway, before the barrier gives way to hackers and a team of black suits with red strip marks on the sleeves of their upper arms. I knew that uniform from somewhere. "Evans," I made a quick comment to Jean, "You've worked with them before, no?" The woman, widely known for being a deception agent, has gone on numerous missions as some sort of assigned forged identity. She glanced at me and then to the suits, then back at me. "Definitely," She grunted as she replayed events in her mind that only god knows what, "One of them striked a dagger right down my back 5 years ago." Hunter caught a glimpse of our conversation and frowned, " Who?" I gave her a sympathetic look. That was the reason why I was called in to take Jean's position, otherwise I had no purpose disguising myself as a nerd with braids and glasse- My eyes snapped into a frown. What was this memory? The more I contemplated, the longer I dazed from reality. I saw pictures, from my own hand on a desk, spinning a pencil, to the braids that covered my expression, to the boy that poked me. Tho.. ton.. Tom..? Tommy? Tomonthy? Tim- Timmy tho.. Thomas! "LENNON," Shouted a familiar voice from behind, "WATCH OUT YOU FOO- I reacted as I saw a body hurdle towards me, but I calculated in the little time between collision that I was too late. This was going to hurt. Bracing myself, I was suddenly hurdled to the side against a different body that seemed to have the goal of protecting mine rather than smash it to bits. Both of us let out muffled grunts as our bodies collided into each other's before sliding across the floor. I could tell he was male. "Agent W," came my team leader from behind. I began the process of picking myself back up, glimpsing a peek — over the man that protected my fall — to the rest of the R.U. Agents. Chestin was all suited up from my line of vision and he stared at me in a degree of disbelief and concern. The R.U. Agent that helped me just a moment ago quickly went to go deal with the hurdler that was supposed to be my threat, while I resumed back into the action as swiftly as I went out of it because I was in the front lines. I managed to dash a few feet forward before I skidded to an abrupt stop, snapping the wrist of one of the opposing team's agents and performed a round house kick, backing it up with my hind legs to make certain the woman fell down permanently. Make a 360 degrees turn and all around the main floor you could hear and see the snapping of bones, the grunts and growls of men, the shrieks and huffs of women, the bang and whizzing of bullets, and you could feel the confused tension and skill of every agent participating.
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 7:37am On May 02, 2018
But who was behind this? By this rate people will die and no one would know why. Used to being the observer and decision maker, I scanned the opposing team for someone that stood out, someone that stood firm and proud, that had a threatening aura around him, that stood still and was searching for that one person in our headquarters too. Our eyes met momentarily. I almost dropped my gun.

. . . "There's an empty seat next to Jamie. Jamie, can you raise your hand?" // swosh// "That's a cool looking fish," he continued, grinning at me as he finished placing his backpack on the ground and had peered over into my territory // swosh// "Watch where you're going, lowlife," a high-pitched voice rained down upon me. I looked up to meet eyes with one of Allison's followers // swosh// "It's been two years, it's really hard to keep holding a grudge against someone like you." //swosh// Hey, do you know anything about a red ring? Find that out for me? I'll attach a pic // swosh// "Not at all, you look cute," he popped, giving me a soft, side smile // swosh// "To seduce me while I sleep?" he commented slyly, smirking afterwards //swosh// He didn't even feel pity? Couldn't even save me? I mean, whatever happened to us being 'buddies?' // swosh// "There is no 'i,'" I emphasized, "I, didn't want that kiss. I, wasn't the one doing the kissing. Therefore, I, am not part of the kiss. Do you understand now, you rich bitch of a jerk?" // swosh// "Ferris Wheel?" He said softly, smiling amused at my unstable state // swosh// He sighed, "Lennon, stop being stubborn. Come here." //swosh// He nodded, "Promise." // swosh// "you know goddamn well we're gonna end up murdering the poor boys before they could even see their grandkids, have you no mercy? " //swosh// "Back to sleep Lennon," he suddenly said, smiling softly at me //swosh// I pushed away and before I left completely, I uttered out to Daniel, "Whatever you do, stick with Allison." // swosh// He hasn't ever glared at me before. It didn't feel good to receive a glare from him // swosh// "WHY DON'T YOU HAVE ON A BULLET-PROOF SUIT," he shouted angrily, tightening his grip on my arms so that I could regain balance // swosh// "I have a wound on my upper right arm," I began again and everyone hushed, "a bullet through my back, aching wrists and ankles, bruises all over my body and head, broken bones in my neck, and poison injected into my left forearm... when are we going to reach the hospital?" I asked softly // swosh// "I'm her boyfriend," he tried dully //swosh// "Why does she talk like you all live together or something?" //swosh// Before I was about to give up, I heard him say, "Cabinet, open drawer four, that's all of your clothes." // swosh// "What? I'm hungry," I mumbled back, continuing to drink my strawberry milk, "You're just jealous you didn't grab one on your way up too." // swosh// "I'm not going. I'm not a student at this school. None of us are. Allison had always been our target, and now that she doesn't show up, we have no purpose here." //swosh// "I... hope we never see each other again." //swosh// I frowned, "A bomb? Who would-" //swosh// "Oh I know everything," the man responded calmly, smiling creepily at me. "Agent W." //swosh// Well shit. My code name. How did he know? Only R.U. members knew the code names. Or, people who knew the R.U. members, maybe past enemies, through missions knew the code names as well // swosh// "You... still have his contact?" //swosh// "Anne?" sixteen- year-old Sammy, nephew of Jay, grumbled, stretching his gradually forming muscles and rubbing at his crystal green eyes //swosh// Then again, when was 'Jamie James Wendy Agent W Anne Antoinette Lennon' ever a princess? // swosh// "YOU SLEPT WITH HIM," Axel reminded me, making me flinch for real, "That wasn't on the to-do list, Agent W." // swosh/
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 7:40am On May 02, 2018
It almost seemed like he planned to have us alone again... There was something he wanted off his chest //swosh// What's gotten into you? Do you know how late it is? Can't I go to sleep, partner? I have a class to teach tomorrow and reports to turn in, you're taking away my sleep time for what? 'Liam?' A friend you called on my phone and forgot to delete the contact? I'm not responsible. I've been on loads of missions, visited plentiful places, and met with thousands of people in the past 5 years away from the R.U., and you're asking me who this one mere insignificant cunt is? Don't shit with me, Hall." // swosh// But... I'm sure I remember a mop... //swosh// "They're looking for you." //swosh// I gave her a sympathetic look. That was the reason why I was called in to take Jean's position, otherwise I had no purpose disguising myself as a nerd with braids and glasse- // swosh//

"Halt." I growled, readying my primary gun and hesitating whether or not to aim it at the man. Jean, Hunter, and Aaron got their last shot in before they snapped their heads to me with confused expressions. The rest of the agents rushing in from the back didn't hear, and started firing their bullets towards the front. "I SAID STOP," I raised my voice, sending vicious chills down everyone's spins, getting even my team leader to freeze. Chestin caught up to me and grabbed my arm roughly, yanking my body up to look at him. "What the hell are you trying to do, Jamie, get us killed?" I shot daggers into his eyes and he shut up. The rest of the R.U. Agents followed his suit, but they still had their weapons up. "You," I demanded to the man with blue eyes, the man I remembered, and the man that I dreaded to see once more in my life. He had no expression that I could read as the face cloth only revealed his eyes, and a hat cleverly casted shadows on his face, but from his eyes, I could tell he was not expecting this turn of events for some reason. "It's been a while," I continued, maintaining eye contact with the man and walked forward a bit so that he could see me, " Carter." The gun was right by my side. I was taking no chances. The cloth moved, and I could tell his mouth parted and his eyes had drawn into confused frowns. "I thought we agreed that meeting again wasn't on our agenda," I was starting to doubt about something, the man was unresponsive and seemed to be taken out of track, "Why the aggressive manner all of a sudden?" And here came the first response- a scoff. He shifted his weight from one leg to another, and put one hand up to cease fire from his side. Then he picked up his gun and didn't hesitate after that to aim it at my head. I didn't know if he knew, but from our distance, there was no way I couldn't avoid that bullet. He didn't forget my position, did he? "You greet me with a gun, Carter?" I asked slowly, in a bit of reflecting and confusion, "That's hardly fair when you Renai's stormed our headquarters. What do you want here?" His next words got me to loosen the grip on my trigger, but not enough for me to drop my gun again. "Give him back, kitten."
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 7:43am On May 02, 2018
My brows furrowed as I sneaked a glance at the rest of the Renai agents. They were all on board with what they want, while we didn't even know what the problem was. Wait, kitten? "Who," I demanded skeptically. A thought crossed my mind for a split second, but something made me push it away. "Liam," the man growled at me from his position. The name triggered some movement from the Renai and I had to warn them not to take a step as I emphasized the gun I had in front of me as well, and that prompted the R.U. Agents to clink and load their guns behind me, which quieted down the opposing team. Liam? I was confused, and my eyes showed it all as I searched the man's face once more. The thought that appeared for a moment a while ago came back.

I had jumped back from the bed and turned around to a dagger thrown at my head. My back arched back as I caught a peek at the dark figure that was in the room with me. Blue eyes. Black cloak // swosh// "Move the knife, kitten" he replied, "Then I'll think about it." It was a different voice from the Liam that I knew // swosh// Bright blue eyes. Dirty blonde hair that was swept to the side. It was not Liam // swosh//

"You're not..." I started, trying to hide the quiver forming in the back of my throat, "Liam." I had made the same mistake 5 years back. The very first time I faced him in a battle, it was not him. It was another boy with blue eyes, and I had fought with that boy first 5 years ago, and today I also fought with that same man. Kai Bennet. "Kai?" My voice came out in disbelief. The man ripped off his face cloth to reveal three year older features of his once younger self. The boy that used to wear a cloak, that used to stick mops out in the hallway, that used to sleep on the rooftop of I.O Academy, that used to be there to drive a certain someone to the hospital, that used to check up on that certain someone in the hospital, that used to have petty arguments with that certain someone, and much more. Now, he was different. He'd gotten a lot more dead silent, and a whole new aura surrounded his threatening form. Looking at him was like looking at a completely alternate being. I felt like throwing up. Kai was almost like an Axel-alternative for me in those past two years that I contemplated my useless life in the school following Allison around. "Kitten," his huskier voice, now maybe an octave down, sent rapid chills down my spine, "It's been a while." The rest of the R.U. agents eyed us back and forth, both being immersed in a conversation no one understood. "You're looking for... Carter?" I posed, "In what world did you think we'd have Carter?" Kai seemed to stare at me for a moment. It was like he was battling between how to approach me after three years- as a friend or as a foe. We locked eye contact for a split second, and in that split second, I saw confusion, anxiety, fear, loneliness, betrayal, sadness, hope, and then.. his eyes went cold. They lost color, they lost life, they lost common sense. My heart sank when he chose the latter. His gun raised, wasting no time to point directly at my head. " Give him back," he growled in a strangely calm manner, "This is my last warning to you, Jamie, for old time's sake. It took years to break in. You agents had your chance."

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 7:47am On May 02, 2018
It was my first time glancing back at my team leader for guidance since the attack, and I regretted it almost immediately. Standing next to Jay was a tall, well-built man from three years, with dark jet black hair and deep, crystal blue eyes, and a look that resembled none other than the missing person that everyone wanted. He held his arm as my team leader inspected the wound from the fall earlier, and Jay then glanced up at me, frozen. The unknown man saw Jay divert his attention away from his arm, which was bruised from protecting a certain someone's fall, and he too followed Jay's gaze until we made eye contact for the first time in 3 years. One name, and one name only, rang violently in my ears- not coming from the earpiece- with so much certainty that I knew I would never, ever, forget again. Liam Carter

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by GooseBump: 7:53am On May 02, 2018
I actually thought the guy coming back was Carter but this ur story don get twist ooo
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by emi14: 6:34am On May 05, 2018
SamuelTurner:
MeinKampf, emi14, Olabamijie(m),
SirRoberto(m), cescfrank(m), koribobo, yemisat,
tempex88(m), eddyroyal(m), BUHARImyDOG, feedapet,
dsylvo(m)

Meaning what
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by devilmaycry1(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2018
hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Billionaire's Secret Heartthrob / Nemesis / My Landlady,her Daughters And A Tenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.