Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:38 AM

Forget Our Apathetic Government; What Can We Do As Nigerians To Help Ourselves? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Our Apathetic Government; What Can We Do As Nigerians To Help Ourselves? (274 Views)

“Meet Muhammadu Buhari” Trends As Nigerians Drag President Buhari On Twitter / NNPC Reacts As Nigerians Condemn Appointments Of ‘only Northerners’ / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forget Our Apathetic Government; What Can We Do As Nigerians To Help Ourselves? by zubyhub: 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
It’s now dawning on most of us that the utopian society we seek is still far beyond our reach. Well, don’t despair, there is light at the end of the tunnel. When this present government were canvassing the whole country in 2014/2015, making promises here and there, most of us fell for it. This is not another nairalanders ranting about how abysmal the government is. Far from it, I have little time and energy to waste it on such unproductive venture. undecided

Yes, things didn’t turn out as we thought; APC style of administration seems a bit incongruent for me. The so called persecuted looters are mostly from the fallen PDP party, meaning that the fight against corruption is pristine as we hoped it would be. The security challenges, took another vicious dimension in the emergence of herdsmen and incessant deadly armed robbery attacks. We still make world headline news of girls being kidnapped in school, I mean you name it. We are almost literally reliving the PDP disaster. The party logo and name was what changed, that’s all. cry

Mike Ozekhome, SAN, some few months back slammed APC and I quote;

“Expectations from PMB? That is a tall dream.
“Nigerians’ expectations, not mine, are that PMB should first form and put in place a serious government properly so called before we begin to talk of PMB giving Nigerians democracy dividends.

“This is the most clueless, most directionless, most irresponsible and most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria since the January 1, 1914 Lugardian amalgamation of Southern and Northern protectorates to form Nigeria.
“It is mostly a “one chance” cabalistic government of incredible opaqueness, unique privatization of corruption and a government that freely spreads poverty, disillusionment, melancholy, hopelessness, sadness, pains, blood, and pangs.

“This is a government that continuously “fights” corruption within itself with sweet smelling sasarobia perfume, whilst fighting so called corruption of opposition and critics of government with insecticides, pesticides, and herbicides.

“This government protects its corrupt officials involved in mind bungling larceny of $25billion dollars contracts, warehousing of 50b from TSA and shamelessly requesting for $1billion to fight a Boko Haram that it claimed to have defeated since December, 2015.

“To discuss this government is to engage in sheer banality and Baba Sallah’s Alawada Kerikeri histrionics and buffoonery.
-End of quote-

As Nigerians we have our own individual roles to play no doubt, although this role is made arduous with our government’s lethargic pace towards moving Nigeria forward. All the same, we can make a difference by first of all understanding that we have to stand for one another. The tribal and religious sentiment is the bane of our dear nation Nigeria. Please and please, the elites don’t know Muslim or Christian when they gather together in their lofty mansion to sip wine and champagne. They don’t ask are you from South South or North Central, they don’t care about any other thing but fostering strong bonds between themselves in order to gain more power. This the simple reason why and I quote 50 cent ‘the rich keep getting richer and the poor don’t get a f*****g thing.

Let’s Embrace Harmony;
Security is a cogent prerequisite for development, if you keenly observe, for a nation to move forward rapidly, it must ensure that the lives of her citizens are secured. The heart wrenching problem of Nigeria is this lack of security. I don’t want to start mentioning names of terrorist groups and the ethnic violence that erupts here and there in Nigeria, because at the core of all these upheaval, you vividly see that is a pathetic case of dividing ourselves on lines of Religion and Tribe. Yes, Nigerians are unfortunately so sentimental to these two core phenomenon and it’s tearing us apart!

There is so much we can achieve, we have the population, we have the natural resources, we are blessed with a decent climate condition ( No earthquakes, Tsunamis, hurricanes etc), we are creative hard working people, we have the land mass, I mean we literally have all it takes. Japan is tiny country bedeviled with natural disaster but look at them today, or is it Singapore that picked itself from a third world country to one of most advanced nations of the world in just 30 years. We have no excuse. Alright the government is not helping, so let’s find a way!

The first step (repeating this for emphasis sake) is ONENESS. We need to be together, we need to be tolerant, we need to see people as people, I am from the South East but I happen to be born in the North eastern part, so I speak Igbo and Hausa fluently. I had my University education at LASU, so I understand Yoruba to an extend and I also served at Ayeyemi, Ondo West Local Government. I travel a lot to the South South; Port Harcourt and Asaba mostly and I plan on going for Calabar festival this year God’s willing grin. Why I am saying all this; well I have associated with diverse people and experienced amazing cultures. We need to use this diversity as a ‘nuclear weapon’ to catapult ourselves from this quagmire and shoot for the stars.

Open your heart and genuinely care, reach out and impact lives and I tell you this; within this our own very generation; WE WILL MAKE A DIFFRENCE.
Thank you so much for taking time to read this. We will take it up with the part two of this same topic tomorrow God willing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE smiley

Talking about making a difference in our own little way, my humble self and some my associates are running a fiverr gig campaign to raise funds to support NGO’s that are running Orphanage homes in Nigeria;
https://www.fiverr.com/s2/636b65cbda Fiverr is popular freelance website where you can offer your services from $5. This gig allows you access to eBooks that discusses real ways of CREATING MULTIPLE STREAMS OF INCOME IN NIGERIA.

We made it affordable for everyone; PLEASE SHOW CARE TO THE ORPHANS, we don’t have to wait for the government to do everything. $5 is about 1700 naira, and funds raised from this eBook sale will be channeled towards positively towards changing lives. I look forward to your generosity. Please follow this link and make a difference in your own little way. Thank you; https://www.fiverr.com/s2/636b65cbda

#Peace
Zubyhub

(1) (Reply)

Presidency: Small Minds Twisted Buhari's Comment On Gaddafi For Political Goals / Group Extols Okowa’s Leadership Qualities, Calls For Second Term / 2019 Presidency: ACF Speaks On Buhari’s Fate, Says ‘it Has Not Decided’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.