Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:28 AM

Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God (1174 Views)

How To Secure The Help Of God As A Christian / How To Be Led By The Spirit Of God As A Christian Today / Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
This is a question that i have been itching to share with everybody after i discorvered it,it goas thuys:"is your work for God as important as your relationship with God"
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by deliciousgeh(f): 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2018
Relationship first. The commandment second, work is d least. All ye church workers that don't know your God but know your pastor, welcome!

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2018
deliciousgeh:
Relationship first. The commandment second, work is d least. All ye church workers that don't know your God but know your pastor, welcome!
Thanks,it is sad to see that most christians,including pastors make the mistake of bribing God with service while they are in sin,the bible says in matthew7:22-23 that not all that says"lord,lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven,but those that do my will.verse23 says they will say we prophesied and cast out demons in your name but i will say"i know ye not"
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by deliciousgeh(f): 4:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
FireforGod:

Thanks,it is sad to see that most christians,including pastors make the mistake of bribing God with service while they are in sin,the bible says in matthew7:22-23 that not all that says"lord,lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven,but those that do my will.verse23 says they will say we prophesied and cast out demons in your name but i will say"i know ye not"
Christians hiding behind ushers, choirs, keyboardist,sanctuary keeping to serve their pastor not God. They have no quiet time with God and the worship their Pastor like he is God. Every man wants to be God.... Only one God became man
...Jesus!
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
deliciousgeh:
Christians hiding behind ushers, choirs, keyboardist,sanctuary keeping to serve their pastor not God. They have no quiet time with God and the worship their Pastor like he is God. Every man wants to be God.... Only one God became man
...Jesus!
I don't blame them,the bible says in Hosea4:6 my people perish for lack of knowledge...
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Emmanystone: 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2018
FireforGod:
This is a question that i have been itching to share with everybody after i discorvered it,it goas thuys:"is your work for God as important as your relationship with God"
Can you work for God if you don't have a relationship with Him?
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
Emmanystone:

Can you work for God if you don't have a relationship with Him?
A good question and a simple answer which is yes,read matt7:21.Jesus meant that those who cast out demons are definetely working for God by setting people free but they have no relationship with God which is simply explained by Jesus saying"i never knew you".Is it possible not to know who you have a relationship with?Hope i have answered your question

1 Like

Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Emmanystone: 10:24am On Apr 13, 2018
FireforGod:

A good question and a simple answer which is yes,read matt7:21.Jesus meant that those who cast out demons are definetely working for God by setting people free but they have no relationship with God which is simply explained by Jesus saying"i never knew you".Is it possible not to know who you have a relationship with?Hope i have answered your question
Lol. I think that verse is misunderstood.

Without a relationship with God and his Holy Spirit, under whose power are you casting out demons?

Casting a demon out of a host is a very serious business as demons will resist to the point of killing that host rather than get out, but when in the presence of the Most High, they bow.

And the Most High will not give that power to him whom He confess and say 'I know you not'.

So, let's consider again, 'Did those people actually cast those demons out or it was a Charade to beguile the unsuspecting?'.

Again, the Bible says that the false prophets will perform such convincing miracles that even the elect can be deceived to believe the power is of God. Can you say these false prophets are working for God?

Mt dear, satan is deceiving people to believe he is God and what they do they do for God. So many shall be shocked when we stand before The Master when everything shall be open.
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
Emmanystone:

Lol. I think that verse is misunderstood.

Without a relationship with God and his Holy Spirit, under whose power are you casting out demons?

Casting a demon out of a host is a very serious business as demons will resist to the point of killing that host rather than get out, but when in the presence of the Most High, they bow.

And the Most High will not give that power to him whom He confess and say 'I know you not'.

So, let's consider again, 'Did those people actually cast those demons out or it was a Charade to beguile the unsuspecting?'.

Again, the Bible says that the false prophets will perform such convincing miracles that even the elect can be deceived to believe the power is of God. Can you say these false prophets are working for God?

Mt dear, satan is deceiving people to believe he is God and what they do they do for God. So many shall be shocked when we stand before The Master when everything shall be open.

Don't you know that sometimes,the devil cooperates with you to get more people interested in your gifts rather than fruits,check matt7:15-20,and check acts16:16-18;that girl with the spirit of divination was of the devil but was proclaiming paul brought a message of salvation;why would the devil want people to know that some people brought a message of salvation?because he wants people to think the girl was working for God,this prompted paul to send the spirit out.Mind you,the devil is a business man and would rather suffer a little loss than let go of a larfe profit.Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
FireforGod:
Many people served God in the Bible and James said it's by their works that God declared them as righteous.James 2:17 Jesus also said "not everyone calling me Lord but those doing the will of my father" But according to your understanding people can work for God(do the will of the father) yet have no relationship with God so please how would you recognize or know the one having a relationship with God since it's not by what they're doing for God?
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:
Many people served God in the Bible and James said it's by their works that God declared them as righteous.James 2:17 Jesus also said "not everyone calling me Lord but those doing the will of my father" But according to your understanding people can work for God(do the will of the father) yet have no relationship with God so please how would you recognize or know the one having a relationship with God since it's not by what they're doing for God?
matt7:15-20,by their fruits you shall know them,their gifts may include working of miracles or prophesing but i repeat by their fruits you shall know them
What James meant was that if you have faith and you don't work towards it,it is dead.Let me give you an illustration,you need a broom and you are praying to God to give you one,meanwhile you are in a house that the door was closed and suddenly a wind opens the door and you see a broom outside then you start telling God to bring the broom inside,obviously the person will be dissapointed,this is why you ned to work with your faith,they go hand in hand
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by achorladey: 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
@FireforGod
Your relationship with God should move you to do fine works. So when one follows the two must important laws: love of God and love of neighbour....... Then your relationship with God is already on a steady ground. It is this two laws that push you everyday to do fine works. Fine works that covers all areas of life.
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
achorladey:
@FireforGod
Your relationship with God should move you to do fine works. So when one follows the two must important laws: love of God and love of neighbour....... Then your relationship with God is already on a steady ground. It is this two laws that push you everyday to do fine works. Fine works that covers all areas of life.
I agree with you but many are pushed to work for God because of fame,reputation and wealth.That is what i am trying to make people understand
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
FireforGod:

matt7:15-20,by their fruits you shall know them,their gifts may include working of miracles or prophesing but i repeat by their fruits you shall know them
What James meant was that if you have faith and you don't work towards it,it is dead.Let me give you an illustration,you need a broom and you are praying to God to give you one,meanwhile you are in a house that the door was closed and suddenly a wind opens the door and you see a broom outside then you start telling God to bring the broom inside,obviously the person will be dissapointed,this is why you ned to work with your faith,they go hand in hand
Fruits grow on trees so we can see those fruits and they're beneficial for everyone around, so what are those fruits? You were talking about those who are working for God but having no relationship with God,James talked about Faith and work and mentioned examples like Abraham, everyone of us can read about their virtuous works in the Bible that qualifies them for righteousness. Please mention that fruir specifically since you said it's not virtuous works done that strengthens the relationship between God and HIS servants!
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
achorladey:
@FireforGod
who will teach US how to love God and our neighbors? Because there are so many religious groups teaching people about how to worship and none is publicly teaching people to hate their neighbors so i believe there must be a teacher who will lay the groundwork for loving God and neighbors?
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Emmanystone: 7:22pm On Apr 13, 2018
FireforGod:

Don't you know that sometimes,the devil cooperates with you to get more people interested in your gifts rather than fruits,check matt7:15-20,and check acts16:16-18;[b]that girl with the spirit of divination was of the devil but was proclaiming paul brought a message of salvation;why would the devil want people to know that some people brought a message of salvation?[/b]because he wants people to think the girl was working for God,this prompted paul to send the spirit out.Mind you,the devil is a business man and would rather suffer a little loss than let go of a larfe profit.Thank you
I said it, its a misunderstanding. The demons in that girl were not priclaiming the Good News of Jesus to get souls saved. They were out to stir up trouble for Paul and his company.

At this time, persecuation was so much that, peoole were all out to maim and even stone the disciples of Christ to death. The demons saw this as an avenue to call people's attention to Paul with the motive of having Paul either killed or thrown out of the city.

Why will Paul get angry and cast the demons out if they were indeed working for God?

What the demons in the girl did was the same thing some Jews did in Asia Minor to implicate Paul the more. They weren't preaching because they wanted souls saved, they did so with the motive that the authority will be more stringent on Paul, thinking Pauls people are out on the street preaching the same gospel he was arrested for.
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by achorladey: 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
FireforGod:

I agree with you but many are pushed to work for God because of fame,reputation and wealth.That is what i am trying to make people understand
I share your point of view as well. Those working for fame, reputation and wealth in name of working for God have definitely missed the essence of their love and work for God.

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by achorladey: 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:
who will teach US how to love God and our neighbors? Because there are so many religious groups teaching people about how to worship and none is publicly teaching people to hate their neighbors so i believe there must be a teacher who will lay the groundwork for loving God and neighbors?
We only have one Teacher, Jesus Christ. He completely taught us how to love God and our neighbour. You can ponder over the story of the good samaritan here if you like and so many other ways in which Jesus relate with people and individuals of varying background. Reading the life and times of Jesus christ should put us in good stead. Therefore, teaching people to love God and neighbours should not be something that involves drawing them into one religious denominations or organisation.
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2018
achorladey:

We only have one Teacher, Jesus Christ. He completely taught us how to love God and our neighbour. You can ponder over the story of the good samaritan here if you like and so many other ways in which Jesus relate with people and individuals of varying background. Reading the life and times of Jesus christ should put us in good stead. Therefore, teaching people to love God and neighbours should not be something that involves drawing them into one religious denominations or organisation.
Sorry i taught the other man with the relationship stuff can answer but all the same, so what did Jesus meant by His statement in Matthew 28:19/20 because He said "teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you" you said "teaching people to love God and neighbours should not be something that involves drawing them into one religious denominations or organisation" Whereas Jesus clearly said "watch out for wolves in sheep's clothing" and "blind guides" I think that's an indication there's going to be satanic churches, that's why i'm interested in knowing (1) who will continue to feed Jesus' sheep? Matthew 24:45
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 14, 2018
achorladey:

I share your point of view as well. Those working for fame, reputation and wealth in name of working for God have definitely missed the essence of their love and work for God.

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.
Thanks for the understanding
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
Sorry i taught the other man with the relationship stuff can answer but all the same, so what did Jesus meant by His statement in Matthew 28:19/20 because He said "teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you" you said "teaching people to love God and neighbours should not be something that involves drawing them into one religious denominations or organisation" Whereas Jesus clearly said "watch out for wolves in sheep's clothing" and "blind guides" I think that's an indication there's going to be satanic churches, that's why i'm interested in knowing (1) who will continue to feed Jesus' sheep? Matthew 24:45
In matt28:18-19,Jesus was committing the work of teaching others into the hands of his disciples,so the answer to your question is simply that,they that are speakers of truth will teach you
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
Fruits grow on trees so we can see those fruits and they're beneficial for everyone around, so what are those fruits? You were talking about those who are working for God but having no relationship with God,James talked about Faith and work and mentioned examples like Abraham, everyone of us can read about their virtuous works in the Bible that qualifies them for righteousness. Please mention that fruir specifically since you said it's not virtuous works done that strengthens the relationship between God and HIS servants!
Those fruits are mentioned in Gal5:22-23
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2018
Emmanystone:

I said it, its a misunderstanding. The demons in that girl were not priclaiming the Good News of Jesus to get souls saved. They were out to stir up trouble for Paul and his company.

At this time, persecuation was so much that, peoole were all out to maim and even stone the disciples of Christ to death. The demons saw this as an avenue to call people's attention to Paul with the motive of having Paul either killed or thrown out of the city.

Why will Paul get angry and cast the demons out if they were indeed working for God?

What the demons in the girl did was the same thing some Jews did in Asia Minor to implicate Paul the more. They weren't preaching because they wanted souls saved, they did so with the motive that the authority will be more stringent on Paul, thinking Pauls people are out on the street preaching the same gospel he was arrested for.

Okay,i know that the girl was trying to get paul in trouble but what about when the devil used Peter in matt16:21-23,Peter was looking out for Jesus' best intrest but unknowingly he was being used by the devil.I tell you,the devil will always paint himself as trying to do good.
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Emmanystone: 8:08am On Apr 14, 2018
FireforGod:

Okay,i know that the girl was trying to get paul in trouble but what about when the devil used Peter in matt16:21-23,Peter was looking out for Jesus' best intrest but unknowingly he was being used by the devil.I tell you,the devil will always paint himself as trying to do good.
Brother, things are most of the time far from what they really seem. Motives, always look for motives behind every action. Peter's mouth was used by satan to discourage Jesus from fulfilling his mission on earth

Satan knew how difficult that task was and he knew Jesus was already considering passing off the Cup, hence, he impressed it on Peter to drive down the nail that will bring about the failure of Jesus' ministry and mission on earth. But Jesus saw the true person behind Peter, that's why He didn't address Peter, but satan.

This goes to tell us Christians a lot. Satan uses people to come against us, rather than address the real culprit, we misplace our focus and face the man, but not the spirit behind the man. When satan is done using that man against us, he'll change an agent. He does not lack servants.

Always address the spirit behind the people who attack you.

Satan indeed pretends to be doing good, but there's always an agenda.

Let's take the destruction of 'The Family' for instance.

He began by turning man against the one who instituted the Concept of the Family acting like he cared for man more. [Eat the fruit and you'll gain wisdom, you'd know right from wrong [/b]

Wisdom sounded good. Knowing right from wrong sounded good, but what he didn't see was, satan was trying to plant guilt in him, so, he ate from the fruit and here we are, burdened by the guilt of our past to the point that some kill themselves because of it.

Satan is always there to remind you of what you did and insist that God will not forgive you because God is righteous and you are a sinner. Hahahahahahha. Datan wicked o.

Even when God is ready to forgive you, Satan will keep whispering, don't ask for forgiveness, God is too righteous to listen to you., and because your attention is towards satan, no matter what God says, you won't hear.

The first family got fractured. He turned to the man and his wife. He made the man to disrespect his wife and treat her badly, then he turned to the wife suggesting for to demand her rights. It sounded good, so, she was given her rights. She began contesting the authority God gave to man with her husband.

She began telling herself that she was equal with the man.

The relationship between a man and his wife was fractured. Divorce which God hates was introduced.

Then he turned to the Children and began telling them that they also had rights to demand for. He called it 'Child rights'. Now the Children have rights. No parent can now raise their kids. The society now tell our kids what to wear, what to do. How to act towards their parents and the society. No more cohession. When the family is destroyed, the society is destroyed.

He inturn put drugs, sex and guns into their hands. Take a look at our society today.

Kim Kadashan became a ceebrity because she had sex and posted the video in the internet. Today she and her entire family are the model for our young girls, only because they are loose and indecent.

They have nothing to offer besides nudities and stupidity.

Try having a first class from the university, post it here and see how many likes you get. But go to Big Brother and have public global sex, and boom, you are a celebrity.

Motive, big picture is the key. And Christians are ignorant and stupi.d.

We just sit back while satan dictate to us how to run our lives against what the Bible says.

Always look at the motive of every action. Ask yhe question 'Why'.
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 14, 2018
FireforGod:

Those fruits are mentioned in Gal5:22-23
Confirmed and Good! That means the Bible(God's word) actually mentioned qualities that even God HIMSELF can't ignore because the last sentence in that quotation said "against such there is NO law" meaning there's no instituted regulations that can beat these qualities,thanks.So which of all these numerous religious groups teaching contradicting and conflicting theories and at the same time claiming Christians is helping people to cultivate these COMPULSORY qualities TODAY?
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 14, 2018
FireforGod:

In matt28:18-19,Jesus was committing the work of teaching others into the hands of his disciples,so the answer to your question is simply that,they that are speakers of truth will teach you
So is there any religious group that's doing exactly this just as Jesus promised today? Matthew 24:45
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
So is there any religious group that's doing exactly this just as Jesus promised today? Matthew 24:45
Yes,they may be few but their are it was prophesied in 2tim4:5
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
Confirmed and Good! That means the Bible(God's word) actually mentioned qualities that even God HIMSELF can't ignore because the last sentence in that quotation said "against such there is NO law" meaning there's no instituted regulations that can beat these qualities,thanks.So which of all these numerous religious groups teaching contradicting and conflicting theories and at the same time claiming Christians is helping people to cultivate these COMPULSORY qualities TODAY?
I am sorry but i wont like to mention names
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by achorladey: 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
Do you accept that the teaching people to love God and neighbour does not involve bringing them into an organisation? Matthew 28:19,20. You and I can definitely serve as teachers of God's word but you are to make those taught disciples of Jesus christ not of any religious organisation and denominations. Sheepllike or wolvelike or goatlike does not necessarily mean religious organisations or denominations.
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by achorladey: 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2018
FireforGod:

You never need to because that fruitage of spirit is not restricted to one religious organisation or denominations. Its simply fruitage of God's spirit. Those who request for the spirit receive it from God.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2018
FireforGod:

Good,then you can present quotations that can lead faithful and honest hearted people to the identity of true Christians just as Jesus did when His followers we're worried about those who may want to identify true Christians in this end time now that Satan has successfully initiated thousands of COUNTERFEIT Christian groups! Matthew 24:3
Re: Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2018
achorladey:

You never need to because that fruitage of spirit is not restricted to one religious organisation or denominations. Its simply fruitage of God's spirit. Those who request for the spirit receive it from God.
So any religion can request and have the Spirit to produce the fruits?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Remembering Mother Teresa: Today Is International Day Of Charity / What Islam Says About Marriage During Ramadan Fasting / As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.