Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,473 members, 7,968,316 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:44 AM

She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? (1259 Views)

Groom Disappears On His Wedding Day, Bride Goes Ahead With The Event In U.K / Advice Needed: Should I Go Ahead With The Introduction / My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
Hi Nairalanders, this is my story. A long time family friend was dating her back then in school (tertiary). It happens that she's secretly admiring me which I didn't noticed.
However, this family friend is my elder brother's friend so I don't joke with the girl at all, so I don't disrespect him but the girl in question I am older than her.
It happens that he runs a studio and I do go there to take care of some things anytime he is not around.
As fate may have it, he was going to travel for a week for a job interview he gave me the house keys which part of it is also a studio and told me the girl will be staying at her place since she has been staying with him off campus.

I was very surprised to find the girl at home around 9pm when I was about to sleep. We started gisting late into the night and when it was close to 11pm I told her I was going back to my family house but she refused. I slept there, but before then she told me she has quit her relationship with my friend.
She tried all she could so we could helped each other that night, but I told her I respect my friend I wouldn't do that with her.
She later graduated and we lost contact for close to 7years. My family friend got married to another girl. She somehow got my contact and that same week she was about getting married too, which she did.
The problem is that the husband is abusing her physically by beating her because she was fighting a side chick the husband brought back home. She had to quit the marriage by divorcing him. She sent me some pictures of her wounded face from several punches from him. I couldn't keep the pictures I deleted them.
Now she wants me into her life. Would it be wrong if I forge ahead with her? Is there anything wrong to marry a divorced woman?
Please, no insult mature advice. Thanks
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
Go home and ask your father and mother
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by bjayx: 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2018
I'll advice U don't marry her.
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by SoapQueen(f): 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
Jonah1234:
Hi Nairalanders, this is my story. A long time family friend was dating her back then in school (tertiary). It happens that she's secretly admiring me which I didn't noticed.
However, this family friend is my elder brother's friend so I don't joke with the girl at all, so I don't disrespect him but the girl in question I am older than her.
It happens that he runs a studio and I do go there to take care of some things anytime he is not around.
As fate may have it, he was going to travel for a week for a job interview he gave me the house keys which part of it is also a studio and told me the girl will be staying at her place since she has been staying with him off campus.

I was very surprised to find the girl at home around 9pm when I was about to sleep. We started gisting late into the night and when it was close to 11pm I told her I was going back to my family house but she refused. I slept there, but before then she told me she has quit her relationship with my friend.
She tried all she could so we could helped each other that night, but I told her I respect my friend I wouldn't do that with her.
She later graduated and we lost contact for close to 7years. My family friend got married to another girl. She somehow got my contact and that same week she was about getting married too, which she did.
The problem is that the husband is abusing her physically by beating her because she was fighting a side chick the husband brought back home. She had to quit the marriage by divorcing him. She sent me some pictures of her wounded face from several punches from him. I couldn't keep the pictures I deleted them.
Now she wants me into her life. Would it be wrong if I forge ahead with her? Is there anything wrong to marry a divorced woman?

Everything is happening too quickly. The girl isn't in a good place now. Don't let sex or lust or being desperate cloud your judgement and No, please don't date her, yet.

Just try to be a normal friend( from a distance) while she slowly comes up for air. Let her heal properly. Then, you can take it up from there, slowly and see where it will lead.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by MhizzAJ(f): 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
Seek advice from your parents nah
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by DirewolfofStark(m): 11:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
You're a grown man. You don't need anyone's permission on how to make big decisions with your life. Just be sure that this girl is not carrying any additional emotional luggage other than the divorce she's going through. Give her time to sort herself out before venturing into a relationship with her.

2 Likes

Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by donstan18: 11:56pm On Apr 12, 2018
cheesy
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by nelsonebby(m): 12:04am On Apr 13, 2018
What have you been doing for 7 years before you guys got in contact again?
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 13, 2018
bjayx:
I'll advice U don't marry her.

Why ?
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by Nobody: 2:01am On Apr 13, 2018
Marry her, don't tell us when the wedding holds and please don't also bother to tell us when she divorce you.

Next undecided
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by tetula123(m): 4:20am On Apr 13, 2018
I don't really think it's wise to be with someone like that, the part she wanted to cuddle you despite the fact she was no longer with your friend. Haba in his house already portrays her as someone not straight.
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by minexpo(m): 4:34am On Apr 13, 2018
You don't love her..all I see is pity, take things slowly
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by UDUJ(m): 4:38am On Apr 13, 2018
Jonah1234:

Dude there's absolutely nothing wrong with marrying a divorcee. As long as she is legally divorced she is available.

But watch carefully, make sure she is not carrying any emotional baggage that she ends up dumping on you in future. Watch and observe. Don't be in a haste to nuptials.
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by Donjazzy12(m): 7:48am On Apr 13, 2018
Jonah1234:

Useless idiot! Home breaker! I hate men who only think with their dicks! You are completely worthless. You want to date a divorcee? Go ahead na! May she stab for to death when you are sleeping. Asswipe!
Re: She's Divorced But She's In Love With Me, Should I Forge Ahead With Her? by nicerod(m): 8:32am On Apr 13, 2018
U are a weak man.

Bro why do u need a second hand good?

There are many single ladies out there 4get the divorcee and starts ur life afresh.

Don't let her ruined ur life with her baggage

(1) (Reply)

Apart From Gay And Lesbian Marriages,is Nigeria Law Against Bestiality? / Wife Caught Her Husband Cheating On Her…what She Did Will Shock You / What Do I Do??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.