Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,410 members, 7,881,504 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:41 PM

From Lagos To Jos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Lagos To Jos (599 Views)

A Tour To Jos Zoo And Museum, 2023 Experience / Avoid Saminaka Road If You Are Travelling From Kano To Jos (Security Alert) / Man Burnt To Death While Travelling From Bauchi To Jos(graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Lagos To Jos by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2018
I want to leave Lagos and I have really been considering Jos. Not being there before,heard so much about the weather and how cool it is.
My concern is the security situation in the North,I am a very young lady and a Christian. I want to know,what are my chances of carving a niche for myself there? What areas in Jos is peaceful and good for business and comfort?
Please fill me with details. I very much want to give it a try next year.
Re: From Lagos To Jos by guru03(m): 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
Jos main town
Re: From Lagos To Jos by guru03(m): 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
It depends ur budget for accommodation.
Re: From Lagos To Jos by guru03(m): 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
U can stay at ray field, GRA, Rock heaven, Lamingo, Millions Quarters.
Re: From Lagos To Jos by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
guru03:
U can stay at ray field, GRA, Rock heaven, Lamingo, Millions Quarters.
Okay,thanks for your input.
Re: From Lagos To Jos by lorhema(f): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
Other residential areas are State Low-cost, Rantya and Federal Low- cost Housing estate, Miango Road. Jos has a cool, even cold, weather for most months of the year but can be very hot from March to May. The temperature could climb up to 39*C! This year the heat set in from February.

Life in Jos is laidback. We are polite and even exchange greetings with strangers on the road etc. Food is cheap i.e. locally grown or sourced items.
Jos is a city with all the negative patterns of city life so one must be alert.
There are a lot of shops - all types- but one can't tell how profitable business is.
To thrive, you'll need to learn Hausa.There are many people who've lived here for decades and can't speak the language. But if you make the effort it'll pay you especially since you intend to be a businesswoman.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Jos by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 21, 2018
lorhema:
Other residential areas are State Low-cost, Rantya and Federal Low- cost Housing estate, Miango Road. Jos has a cool, even cold, weather for most months of the year but can be very hot from March to May. The temperature could climb up to 39*C! This year the heat set in from February.

Life in Jos is laidback. We are polite and even exchange greetings with strangers on the road etc. Food is cheap i.e. locally grown or sourced items.
Jos is a city with all the negative patterns of city life so one must be alert.
There are a lot of shops - all types- but one can't tell how profitable business is.
To thrive, you'll need to learn Hausa.There are many people who've lived here for decades and can't speak the language. But if you make the effort it'll pay you especially since you intend to be a businesswoman.
This is very insightful. Thank you very much.
You stay there?

(1) (Reply)

Viral Photos Of A Corporate Tricyclist Who Customized His Keke Napep With Sweets / Aláàfin Of Oyo Rejects Pdp Ahead Of 2019 Election / 4 Hours From Iju To Ibadan By Train: Journey Of Comfort And Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.