Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,949 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:48 AM

Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures (28546 Views)

Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures: Photos Of Bunkery Boat Destroyed This Morning.. / Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) / Black Soot is Back In Port Harcourt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by aguiyi2: 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2018
Governor Wike keeps quiet to keep the boys(illegal refiners) happy.What goes around comes around.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
This is not healthy o.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Ikwokrikwo: 10:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
ottohan:

Lolzz
Pls d grammar is funny...
It should be under estimated Instead
You are wrong young man.
Over estimated is correct

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by jaszplus12(m): 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
look at the bright side...greyhaired people won't be dyeing their hair for a while!!
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by ottohan: 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ikwokrikwo:

You are wrong young man.
Over estimated is correct
Pls read s paragraph again
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
wetin b dis
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
Too much Sin on d land can be responsible to dis I think
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
This #stopthesoot shit is more of a political rubbish..

Nor be Port Harcourt we dey..
those pictures are doctored as well.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by UfuomaUN(m): 11:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
slimfit1:
I see why people from that area cant think properly thats how dark their brain is too. My apologies if I've insulted you people.
You're very stupid

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by EgbechoFaith(f): 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
Chai... My City
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by EgbechoFaith(f): 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
slimfit1:
I see why people from that area cant think properly thats how dark their brain is too. My apologies if I've insulted you people.
thuder fire you grin

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by chokovirus: 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
Its a serious health issue that calls for concern. At a time, it was impossible to spread your white clothes outside because of this soot.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by slimfit1(m): 11:11pm On Apr 13, 2018
UfuomaUN:

You're very stupid

No vex now
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by slimfit1(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
UfuomaUN:

You're very stupid

No vex now aba somebody dey go sell something weh dey your backyard dey make money you dey suffer abeg now who stupid pass ?
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2018
lilkech:
These are doctored images

The air in PH isn’t this bad angry
Who told u?
A friend traveled for a week and returned but couldn't sleep at her house that night due to the soot. Even a locked house for that matter.
The soot is so much in woji that u can't even hang ur whites in the line without seeing them.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by slimfit1(m): 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2018
Inner case dey like the man weh na him neighbour dey collect and chop the money house rent weh suppose collect for him present oh no be say him dey another town oh look sense in my statement dont take it offensive abeg .
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Gracidoinlove(f): 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2018
May God help us in Port Harcourt
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
Chuvin22:

Seriously
If it's a political stuff, this news would have been all over the media.
The soot is too much everywhere here from woji to rumuomasi to every single part of PH.
Where do u even live in PH to say such bro?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by xcolanto(m): 11:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
The soot is caused by the FG and the military via the policy of burning illegal refinerys and vessels that carry these substandard products. How can the FG order the military to keep polluting our lands and waterways instead of confiscating these products to be used legally.

A lot of times these black soots are caused by the burning done by the military and there are videos on YouTube of military choppers shooting at these vessels that go up in smoke causing this soots.

The rivers state government must through the state assembly declare the burning of illegal refinerys and vessels illegal so the soots can be reduced drastically.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
WeedSeller:
To people thinking its a lie.
You all should pour water on the floor and see the colour that ll surface when u place leg or something
Na black oh.
anywhere in the house.
shit started 2 years ago.

Here you wash car and na black dirt go dey drip for the body
Very correct bro.
Most Nigerians are just too wicked to even say the truth because dy like the governor.
The cumulative effects of this soot would be drastic in few years time.
Our health is in a state of attack unknowingly to many.
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
MrHistorian:
What is Wike doing about it?
The conspiracy theorist?
The question now is, does he care about the masses?
Has any politician in this country cared about the numerous issues of the masses?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by ruggedtimi(m): 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by HarryDuce(m): 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
Chuvin22:

Which part of port Harcourt you dey? The soot problem is currently in Iwofe, down to agip, eleme, woji and the waterside areas. It starts mostly at night. From 10pm till dawn. So sir, it's not political. Stop saying foolish things in public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by HarryDuce(m): 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2018
xcolanto:
The soot is caused by the FG and the military via the policy of burning illegal refinerys and vessels that carry these substandard products. How can the FG order the military to keep polluting our lands and waterways instead of confiscating these products to be used legally.

A lot of times these black soots are caused by the burning done by the military and there are videos on YouTube of military choppers shooting at these vessels that go up in smoke causing this soots.

The rivers state government must through the state assembly declare the burning of illegal refinerys and vessels illegal so the soots can be reduced drastically.
Well, this is not entirely true. The Military does not destroy illegal refineries on daily basis. The soot pollution is a daily occurrence.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by femeritus: 12:05am On Apr 14, 2018
lilkech:

You obviously are not a Port Harcourt resident or you stand to benefit from activities causing the soot. Don't say what you don't know. I just cleaned my standing fan yesterday and the red napkin I used was covered with soot. One would think I used it to clean charcoal and I live in NTA area. I went to see a friend in Woji today and their whole cars and tables outside were all full of soot.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by wildkat: 12:25am On Apr 14, 2018
lilkech:

Oga stop saying what u don't know. We in PH will tell u the full story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by vicfy(m): 12:52am On Apr 14, 2018
Na so we dey sick 4 hia
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by 1shortblackboy: 1:31am On Apr 14, 2018
Chuvin22:

in D/Line if u walk bare footed INSIDE UR HOUSE O for one minute ur feet will be totally black. so stop taliking rubbish. not everyone is interested in politics
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by iksman2002(m): 1:48am On Apr 14, 2018
Nawa oh the ozone layers should be depleting seriously now..........
Is dat de only state with refineries and the government isn't doing anyting hmmmmmmmm........
R.I.P porthacourt
Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by Xander85: 2:23am On Apr 14, 2018
slimfit1:

You haven't insulted anyone. It's the painful truth.

For more than 50 years, the Niger Delta has been the goose that lays the golden egg for Nigeria, yet take a look at their cities and developmental indices and see if it compares with say the gulf states that are equally endowed! Nigeria has been a curse on these people yet they're too daft to realise it! Nnamdi kanus' agitation gave them a window of opportunity to assert themselves, yet they turned around and screamed in his face, "you want our oyel....Igbos should leave us the f/uck alone and go do Biafra with only their 5 SE states.....one Nigeria carry go jor"!

Abuja is now very adept at confusing them with all sorts of tokenisms and gimmicks like NDDC, Niger Delta Minsitry and 13% derivation, yet where has all this got them?

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures by eazydon(m): 2:55am On Apr 14, 2018
ottohan:

Lolzz
Pls d grammar is funny...
It should be under estimated Instead

He is right, you're right too. Depends on perception

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Ohakim Gave Me $2.29m Cash To Buy Abuja Mansion" - Witness / Video Shows 'Dancing' Link On Third Mainland Bridge / Ossy Prestige's Body Received By Family Members, APGA Leaders (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.