Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,802 members, 7,938,391 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 02:42 AM

Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp (15021 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / Buhari's New Military Aide-de-camp, Ml-abubakar / Kogi State Governor, Wada In Ghastly Motor Accident. Aide-de-camp Died Instanta! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by paddylo1(m): 11:42pm On May 13, 2010
[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=ADC___Adegbe_867512265.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=Adegbe___ADC_533479534.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

President Goodluck Jonathan has been assigned a new Aide-de-Camp.

He is Lieutenant Colonel Ogogbane Adegbe.
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by Osama10(m): 11:51pm On May 13, 2010
What a fine officer.
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by marcdunu: 12:21am On May 14, 2010
I think it is time to review our Presidential security arrangement. This business of soldiers standing behind the President even in the FEC chambers is simply outdated.

It is a military legacy and we need to learn to shade such legacy. Soldiers can still guard the President but 21st century intelligence should be brought to these things.

I don't know what difference it makes having a scary looking man standing behind the President. He can dress in mufty while co-ordinating other security personels meant to guard Mr President.

1 Like

Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by paddylo1(m): 12:35am On May 14, 2010
I think it is time to review our Presidential security arrangement. This business of soldiers standing behind the President even in the FEC chambers is simply outdated.
Lol. . .but i kinda like it. . .he(The president) is the commander in chief after all. .

It also shows that the military is under civilian authority
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by paddylo1(m): 1:12am On May 14, 2010

President Goodluck Jonathan has appointed Lt.-Colonel Ojogbane Adegbe as his Aide de Camp (ADC).

Born on May 12, 1972, Lt.-Col. Adegbe graduated from the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna , in September 1995 as a member of the 42 Regular Course.

Lt. Col. Adgebe hails from Ofu Local Government Area of Kogi State.

He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics and a Masters in Intelligence and International Security from Kings College , London .

His appointment was announced through a statement signed by the media aide to the president, Mr. Ima Niboro.
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by mbulela: 1:55am On May 14, 2010
marcdunu:

It is a military legacy and we need to learn to shade such legacy. Soldiers can still guard the President but 21st century intelligence should be brought to these things.

I don't know what difference it makes having a scary looking man standing behind the President. He can dress in mufty while co-ordinating other security personels meant to guard Mr President.

Very apt comment.
I often wonder how many bullets the guy can catch by physically standing behind his boss.
With technological advancements, we should be able to do away with this archaic practice.
With recent happenings in the presidency, i hope this one will not frustrate democracy and rule of law but aid it.
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by mbulela: 1:55am On May 14, 2010
meanwhile, the guy don hammer!!!
him life no go remain the same again. grin
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by Kobojunkie: 3:01am On May 14, 2010
marcdunu:

[size=13pt]Thank you!![/size]
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by jamace(m): 9:06am On May 14, 2010
Hello ADC. Know it that your duty is your honour, the supremacy of the constitution.
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by Igbanibo: 9:11am On May 14, 2010
It is ok, it is really a ceremonial position more than anything else. Afterall, the US president has military officers carrying the football, what is the big deal about GJ have a military ADC?
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by Nobody: 9:19am On May 14, 2010
marcdunu:

ADC is an administrative aide and doesnt need to interfere with the security of the president.i kind like it but the uniform looks undemocratic
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by marcdunu: 10:28am On May 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

ADC is an administrative aide and doesnt need to interfere with the security of the president.i kind like it but the uniform looks undemocratic

The problem is that you have not seen how ridiculous their activities can be at times.

If the President's pen falls on the floor, you have the ADC running from 100yards away to come and pick it up. If the President is going to seat down, the ADC quickly overtakes him in other to move the President's seat for the President to seat down.

These behaviours are ridiculous in my view. The President can do some things for themselves. It is time to humanise whoever is the occupant of that seat. This is 2010 and not 1960.

The ADC whether and the rest of the bodygaurds whether soldiers, CIA, Secret Service trained, MI5 or whatever can be a little more descreet.
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by vigasimple(m): 1:58pm On May 14, 2010
marcdunu:

The problem is that you have not seen how ridiculous their activities can be at times.

If the President's pen falls on the floor, you have the ADC running from 100yards away to come and pick it up. If the President is going to seat down, the ADC quickly overtakes him in other to move the President's seat for the President to seat down.

These behaviours are ridiculous in my view. The President can do some things for themselves. It is time to humanise whoever is the occupant of that seat. This is 2010 and not 1960.

The ADC whether and the rest of the bodygaurds whether soldiers, CIA, Secret Service trained, MI5 or whatever can be a little more descreet.

All of you guys/gals have spokn well. This is 21 st centruy. ADC is a military stle thing. in a d democracy, all we nned is a team of security people, and PA personal for the President.

A full Lt. Col in the Army? How is that man skill being used?

Obama said in Ghana, we need strong institution and NOT strongmen. We need to develop our institution to be modern
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by phraoh(m): 6:07pm On May 14, 2010
Y dont u guyz ask d ADC weda he likes his job.Stop puttin sand in his garri.This is a tradition dat has cum to stay,moreover,it adds a little flair and effizy to the office of d Presidency.It can b stoppd wen i finish ma tenure.
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by mamagee3(f): 6:29pm On May 14, 2010
mbulela:

meanwhile, the guy don hammer!!!
him life no go remain the same again. grin

Oh yeah, his life would never remain the same again after the amount of money he would steal.
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by illusion2: 6:54pm On May 14, 2010
^^ True,even the smile(or smirk) on the guy's face tells it all cheesy
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by ayobase(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2012
Phraoh, u just spoke my mind.
''Effizy''[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by ayobase(m): 9:31am On Feb 21, 2012
Phraoh, u just spoke my mind.
''Effizy''[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Meet President Goodluck Jonathan's New Aide-de-camp by phraoh(m): 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2012
Yeah.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama / Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) / 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.