Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,462 members, 7,950,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

How To Finish Reading Any Lengthy Book In One Day–tricks And Tips - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Finish Reading Any Lengthy Book In One Day–tricks And Tips (1273 Views)

I Tackled ASUU Strike In One Day – Goodluck Jonathan / Spelling Bee Competition: Abdulazeez Abdulrahmon Emerges Lagos One Day Governor / Lagos School Principal Becomes A Student For One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Finish Reading Any Lengthy Book In One Day–tricks And Tips by fashmobae(f): 4:34am On Apr 15, 2018
Have wanted to finish that book in no more than one month or one week?
Well, here is a better way of reading any lengthy book completely in one day!!!
See tricks and tips here:
http://www.fashmobae.com.ng/2018/03/how-to-finish-reading-any-lengthy-book.html
Re: How To Finish Reading Any Lengthy Book In One Day–tricks And Tips by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:37am On Apr 15, 2018
fashmobae:
Have wanted to finish that book in no more than one month or one week?
Well, here is a better way of reading any lengthy book completely in one day!!!
See tricks and tips here:
http://www.fashmobae.com.ng/2018/03/how-to-finish-reading-any-lengthy-book.html

How to finish reading any lengthy book in one day?
Yes! You read that very well and there was no mistake.
"How can that even be possible?", you might ask. Well, a friend of mine just did it and I was amazed at what she did.
More so, I have applied similar techniques and found out that it works efficiently.
In this guide, I will reveal to you how you can finish reading lengthy books in one day.
As an addition, you will get to know how you can apply similar methods to read most books completely in four to six weeks.
Now you are interested and ready let's get started.
Reading is an exercise that I must say is continuous.
It requires that the reader be zealous, a critical thinker, and the ability to confront both simple and difficult problems.
If these or any other vital qualities are missing, then any rational reader would be most likely to quit.
The following are necessary suggestions for reading effectively:
1. If there's no interest in reading a book, then create one; this is important especially when you are taking a compulsory subject or course. Besides, if there's no interest, then there's no way you can understand that subject properly even though you may ace it!
2. Be zealous. This is the most part that hinders the completion of a book. I have seen many cases where students quit reading a book they have started reading simply because they lost the appetite — the zeal.
Zealous means the ability to confront problems and keep moving forward despite how difficult the textbook is.
The real and striking fact here is that if you do not keep to zeal (consistency), you would end up losing interest, and finally quit reading the book you probably have gone halfway. That's why you hear students saying, "Mehn, that course is written in Chinese", or "That book is written in Arabic", or "I can't understand what this book is saying", and all other manner of grievances.
3. Avoid distractions. If you are distracted too often, you will fall from suggestion 3 to suggestion 2 and finally down to suggestion 1. Choose your best time of reading wisely; that time when you know no one would discourage or distract you from reading.
Remember, any rational person can quit reading. Do not always have the impression that you can always control distractions.
4. Skim and scan the whole textbook to see the level of difficulties in reading; that way you can devise strategies on how you can finally approach the book.
5. "The first precept was never to accept a thing as true until I knew it as such without a single doubt"—René Descartes.
Don't believe everything you read. Try as much as you can to see why you should believe in what you have read.
"Are there mistakes", "How about extreme cases, does it work there? ", "Supposing the conditions were removed, will it still work? " — These are the type of questions you should be asking yourself whenever you read any sentence in a book; that way, your mind opens up further for more understanding.
Take nobody's word for it — Nullius inverba.
6. Have a target! Having a target and arduously working towards it keeps you undaunted (fearless); it reminds you of what you need to do and what not to do.
7. Experience is a great teacher. Solve many problems and exercises. This helps a lot when you encounter similar problems in the future; you no longer have to run away from such problems because you know what to do next.
Every problem solved is a formula for solving some other problems. So if you solve so many problems, it would be easy for you to devise a plan of attack for solving other problems.
8. Be watchful of definitions! This is a killer bean! It is one major problem many secondary school students in Nigeria encounter when they finally get into the university. They sit there, watching and hoping that the lecturer drops an almighty formula; "After all I will just use the formula to get the solution(s)", they would say, but instead see definitions being presented to them in place of formulas.
To make it clear, in the university, definitions are the formulas you need!
9. Be smart enough to know when you need help, and be brave enough to ask for it. You can't always solve all the problems you encounter, so donot have the mentality of a one man squad. Seek for help, hints and solutions.
10. Finally, have time to relax your brain; this is essentially, sleeping.
Eat good foods to stay healthy, and dress well.
Some people have the impression that those university students that do not dress well are the most intelligent, or those students who usually wear binoculars (medicated eye glasses) are the most intelligent. That's a big lie!
Now you know these suggestions, here you have how you can finish lengthy books in one day.
The true fact here is that this one day completion of a book works only for "read for fun" books such as novels, plays, poems, and previously read books.
The strategies to apply in reading these books in one day are:
a. Have a target.
b. How many chapters or sections does the book contain? If 20 chapters, then you can consider reading two chapters in one hour, so that in ten hours, you are done with the book. This means that you can do one hour of two chapters reading, and one hour of rest and so on.
c. Finally, be consistent.
The same trick applies to every other books, but may not be possible in one day. Here's what you should do then:
a. Have a target.
b. If the book is divided into four sections of three or more chapters per section, then consider completing each section in one week — a total of four weeks.
This is exactly how my friend finished reading the mathematics book " How to think like a mathematician
" by Kevin Houston, in six weeks. The book consists of six parts, with each part having more than three chapters.
With these strategies, you can finish reading any lengthy book in weeks of active endeavor (reading).
Have a smarter brain and enjoy your reading life — Uncle Fille
You may also like: " How to whiten your teeth in three days" by Amobi Judith Chika.

3 Likes

Re: How To Finish Reading Any Lengthy Book In One Day–tricks And Tips by mictima(m): 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
Nice tips
Re: How To Finish Reading Any Lengthy Book In One Day–tricks And Tips by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

How to finish reading any lengthy book in one day?
Yes! You read that very well and there was no mistake.
"How can that even be possible?", you might ask. Well, a friend of mine just did it and I was amazed at what she did.
More so, I have applied similar techniques and found out that it works efficiently.
In this guide, I will reveal to you how you can finish reading lengthy books in one day.
As an addition, you will get to know how you can apply similar methods to read most books completely in four to six weeks.
Now you are interested and ready let's get started.
Reading is an exercise that I must say is continuous.
It requires that the reader be zealous, a critical thinker, and the ability to confront both simple and difficult problems.
If these or any other vital qualities are missing, then any rational reader would be most likely to quit.
The following are necessary suggestions for reading effectively:
1. If there's no interest in reading a book, then create one; this is important especially when you are taking a compulsory subject or course. Besides, if there's no interest, then there's no way you can understand that subject properly even though you may ace it!
2. Be zealous. This is the most part that hinders the completion of a book. I have seen many cases where students quit reading a book they have started reading simply because they lost the appetite — the zeal.
Zealous means the ability to confront problems and keep moving forward despite how difficult the textbook is.
The real and striking fact here is that if you do not keep to zeal (consistency), you would end up losing interest, and finally quit reading the book you probably have gone halfway. That's why you hear students saying, "Mehn, that course is written in Chinese", or "That book is written in Arabic", or "I can't understand what this book is saying", and all other manner of grievances.
3. Avoid distractions. If you are distracted too often, you will fall from suggestion 3 to suggestion 2 and finally down to suggestion 1. Choose your best time of reading wisely; that time when you know no one would discourage or distract you from reading.
Remember, any rational person can quit reading. Do not always have the impression that you can always control distractions.
4. Skim and scan the whole textbook to see the level of difficulties in reading; that way you can devise strategies on how you can finally approach the book.
5. "The first precept was never to accept a thing as true until I knew it as such without a single doubt"—René Descartes.
Don't believe everything you read. Try as much as you can to see why you should believe in what you have read.
"Are there mistakes", "How about extreme cases, does it work there? ", "Supposing the conditions were removed, will it still work? " — These are the type of questions you should be asking yourself whenever you read any sentence in a book; that way, your mind opens up further for more understanding.
Take nobody's word for it — Nullius inverba.
6. Have a target! Having a target and arduously working towards it keeps you undaunted (fearless); it reminds you of what you need to do and what not to do.
7. Experience is a great teacher. Solve many problems and exercises. This helps a lot when you encounter similar problems in the future; you no longer have to run away from such problems because you know what to do next.
Every problem solved is a formula for solving some other problems. So if you solve so many problems, it would be easy for you to devise a plan of attack for solving other problems.
8. Be watchful of definitions! This is a killer bean! It is one major problem many secondary school students in Nigeria encounter when they finally get into the university. They sit there, watching and hoping that the lecturer drops an almighty formula; "After all I will just use the formula to get the solution(s)", they would say, but instead see definitions being presented to them in place of formulas.
To make it clear, in the university, definitions are the formulas you need!
9. Be smart enough to know when you need help, and be brave enough to ask for it. You can't always solve all the problems you encounter, so donot have the mentality of a one man squad. Seek for help, hints and solutions.
10. Finally, have time to relax your brain; this is essentially, sleeping.
Eat good foods to stay healthy, and dress well.
Some people have the impression that those university students that do not dress well are the most intelligent, or those students who usually wear binoculars (medicated eye glasses) are the most intelligent. That's a big lie!
Now you know these suggestions, here you have how you can finish lengthy books in one day.
The true fact here is that this one day completion of a book works only for "read for fun" books such as novels, plays, poems, and previously read books.
The strategies to apply in reading these books in one day are:
a. Have a target.
b. How many chapters or sections does the book contain? If 20 chapters, then you can consider reading two chapters in one hour, so that in ten hours, you are done with the book. This means that you can do one hour of two chapters reading, and one hour of rest and so on.
The same trick applies to every other books, but may not be possible in one day. Here's what you should do then:
a. Have a target.
b. If the book is divided into four sections of three or more chapters per section, then consider completing each section in one week — a total of four weeks.
This is exactly how my friend finished reading the mathematics book " How to think like a mathematician
" by Kevin Houston, in six weeks. The book consists of six parts, with each part having more than three chapters.
With these strategies, you can finish reading any lengthy book in weeks of active endeavor (reading).
Have a smarter brain and enjoy your reading life — Uncle Fille
You may also like: " How to whiten your teeth in three days" by Amobi Judith Chika.
thank you for saving us the stress
Re: How To Finish Reading Any Lengthy Book In One Day–tricks And Tips by chrisbaxtian(m): 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2018
eosigwe:
thank you for saving us the stress

you are welcome grin

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

First Time In 21 Yrs, 2 Graduates Make First Class In Oau’s English Department / Jamb Regularization: An Experience / OAU Generates It’s Own Electricity. First Nigerian University To Do This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.