Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:54 AM

This Quotation Has Been Misunderstood! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Quotation Has Been Misunderstood! (270 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? / Nigerians Misunderstood My March 27 Prophecy On Coronavirus" –TB Joshua Cries Ou / Share Your Best Easter Quotation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Quotation Has Been Misunderstood! by noblejames: 11:32am On Apr 15, 2018
There is nothing as thrilling as understanding the stipulations of the scripture rightly. It gives one joy because in its totality it is an assurance that one is not walking in error. It is very painful to discover that one has been walking in error especially when one has passed such error to others and they have believed it and as well spread it across the board. Therefore, it is very important as students and believers of the scripture that we dig doggedly in the content of the scripture in order to find out what the lines of the scripture says and have right interpretation of them. The benefits of having right interpretation of the lines of the scripture are enormous in the sense that it helps the believer and the student of the scripture to have right application. The right application of the lines of the scripture would mean that the relationship of the student or believer between other believers and unbelievers and even situations will definitely be affected positively. The reverse is the case in a situation where the absence of right interpretation is available.
The text of interest says “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matthew 16:18. I want us to elucidate on this quotation and extract some facts from it and establish the right doctrine from it. Firstly we should understand that this quotation is a response to a statement made by Peter. Therefore, it is not a standalone statement, it means a better understanding of it must be in connection with what Peter said if not anything said about it is said out of context. So let’s see what Peter said “And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16).
To continue reading click the link below:
http://salvationinthelordevangelicalministry..com.ng/2018/04/welcome-to-arena-of-indubitable-truth_15.html

(1) (Reply)

Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today / Is Jesus God? Concluding Part / No One Can Prevent You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.